• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could She Reach the Top in 2012? You betcha!

Who the hell are these Communist scumbags like Haymarket and Disney to tell us what tie "ideal" Republican candidate should be?? We need a solid (NJ Gov. Christie) Conservative, not some mealymouthed RINO who will capitulate to the Leftists.

Who the hell are these Communist scumbags like Haymarket and Disney to tell us what tie "ideal" Republican candidate should be?? We need a solid (NJ Gov. Christie) Conservative, not some mealymouthed RINO who will capitulate to the Leftists.

Christie will be unavailable in 2012. I understand he is the role model for a physical fitness campaign in the effort against obesity.

If she did become POTUS it would just show how stupid Americans are.. I hope we aren't that stupid though.

Dude we elected an idiot from Kenya with no experience to the highest office in the land for no reason other than "hope and change" and whatever other else crap he ran on.

Americans seem to have no limits on how stupid they can be. Compared to the current president, Sarah Palin would be like electing Einstein to office.

Last edited:
Dude we elected an idiot from Kenya with no experience to the highest office in the land.

Americans seem to have no limits on how stupid they can be.

Your first statement is an excellent example of the truth of your last statement.

Christie will be unavailable in 2012. I understand he is the role model for a physical fitness campaign in the effort against obesity.

I'd be OK if Christie got the nomination... as long as that meant it got him out of NJ.

Dude we elected an idiot from Kenya with no experience to the highest office in the land for no reason other than "hope and change" and whatever other else crap he ran on.

Americans seem to have no limits on how stupid they can be. Compared to the current president, Sarah Palin would be like electing Einstein to office.

Though Obama may not be the best President, Palin couldn't hold a candle to him... and that's pretty bad.

I think if you dressed her up properly and wrote the right sort of script, it might work.

Are her hands large enough to fit an entire script on?

Though Obama may not be the best President, Palin couldn't hold a candle to him... and that's pretty bad.

Because all of the hot air he emits might be flammable. I wouldn't hold a candle to him either, that would give him too much light. That means I'd have to look at him.

Last edited:
after 8 years of Bush, voting for the guy who can talk pretty seemed the thing to do....at least Obama can read, even if it is from a teleprompter....
GW read more books than anyone I know.
George Bush, Reader « Read, Write, Now
in fact, reads at a rate that more or less qualifies as voracious. According to Rove, Bush read 95 books in 06, 51 in 07, and 40 in 08. It would be churlish to note that his gradual decline mirrors his poll numbers. In politics, of course, everything is political, even book lists.
“In the 35 years I’ve known George W. Bush, he’s always had a book nearby. He plays up being a good ol’ boy from Midland, Texas, but he was a history major at Yale and graduated from Harvard Business School. You don’t make it through either unless you are a reader.
“There is a myth perpetuated by Bush critics that he would rather burn a book than read one. Like so many caricatures of the past eight years, this one is not only wrong, but also the opposite of the truth and evidence that bitterness can devour a small-minded critic. Mr. Bush loves books, learns from them, and is intellectually engaged by them.

Are her hands large enough to fit an entire script on?

THe critics reviews called it a rockem-sockem thrill ride, even bigger than the original.

Because all of the hot air he emits might be flammable. I wouldn't hold a candle to him either, that would give him too much light. That means I'd have to look at him.

Hot air is better than no air at all.

How about if Christie, or another solid Conservative won the General in 2012??

It would depend on their platform. If Christie's behavior in NJ is any indication, I would not want him to win in 2012.

in fact, reads at a rate that more or less qualifies as voracious. According to Rove, Bush read 95 books in 06, 51 in 07, and 40 in 08. It would be churlish to note that his gradual decline mirrors his poll numbers. In politics, of course, everything is political, even book lists.
“In the 35 years I’ve known George W. Bush, he’s always had a book nearby. He plays up being a good ol’ boy from Midland, Texas, but he was a history major at Yale and graduated from Harvard Business School. You don’t make it through either unless you are a reader.
“There is a myth perpetuated by Bush critics that he would rather burn a book than read one. Like so many caricatures of the past eight years, this one is not only wrong, but also the opposite of the truth and evidence that bitterness can devour a small-minded critic. Mr. Bush loves books, learns from them, and is intellectually engaged by them.

Well, that does show another side of him.
But who keeps track of the number of books one reads in a year? I read some fiction and also some technical books but I can't give some one a number for say 2007.
Maybe that means I need to read some memory improvement books.

Seriously? I never understood why you would vote for some one just so you could make fun of them later.

They plan on voting for Palin, because of their total lack of confidence in the Democrats. What other reason would they have for voting for Palin... if the Democrats had a great candidate, they would have no reason to make sure the laughing stock of the GOP was running against their candidate.

The Dem candidate SHOULD be able to walk away from the opposition afterall... isn't that what the Dem talking heads on this very site have been saying all along?

Then tell me fellas... why this fixation on voting in the lamest of the lame GOP 'candidate' if your fella (or gal - to be fair) is so wonderful. Hmm?

Inquiring non-GOP OR Dem minds want to know.

95 books in 06? While he was president? He'd have to read a book every 3-4 days. That is either bull**** or he's reading pamphlets.

Barb posts about how many books W. claims to have read

According to Rove .......

no need to go any further.

95 books in 06? While he was president? He'd have to read a book every 3-4 days. That is either bull**** or he's reading pamphlets.

Cliff's Notes don't count:confused::mrgreen:

it's not unrealistic at all; i was easily in the triple digits when i was in college.

Reading 95 back issues of Highlights is kind of impressive
:bravo:

Well, that does show another side of him.
But who keeps track of the number of books one reads in a year? I read some fiction and also some technical books but I can't give some one a number for say 2007.
Maybe that means I need to read some memory improvement books.

I suppose when you're president someone will probably keep track of everything you do, even if you don't. It's doubtful anyone would care how many books you or I read now or in the future. :)

Back
Top Bottom