• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could She Reach the Top in 2012? You betcha!

Not a chance in hell she'll ever win... This country is not that stupid...

I love these stories that keep saying she could never beat Obama... you know they're getting under skin and taunting her to run... Dumb twit is just ignorant enough to try.

An Independent run would be classic. Pay-back for Nader in 2000.

I genuinely think she could win. She represents a lot of the tea party policies really well, who cares if she's a little unintelligent?

I don't know. Stupid is in the eye of the beholder.
They were stupid enough to fall for Obama whos only proven talent was an ability to read from a teleprompter.

I love these stories that keep saying she could never beat Obama... you know they're getting under skin and taunting her to run... Dumb twit is just ignorant enough to try.

It will be interesting either way.

I don't know. Stupid is in the eye of the beholder.
They were stupid enough to fall for Obama whos only proven talent was an ability to read from a teleprompter.

I don't know why people give him crap for reading from a teleprompter, politicians do it every minute of every day. How is this a controversy :S

Obama was the editor of the Harvard law Review. Sarah Palin has nothing. I do think their selection is a little weak, however; surely they have some tea party candidates who have studied law at a prestigious school and have a solid knowledge of political theory. Instead they put forward the Sarah Palins and the Christine O'Donnells. Seriously, you can do it, pick a Mitt Romney, he studied at Harvard Law School. Surely there's a tea party version of Mitt Romney somewhere in the nation.

Palin can still win, but they're making it a lot harder on themselves by picking someone like her.

I don't know why people give him crap for reading from a teleprompter, politicians do it every minute of every day. How is this a controversy :S
The only reason it is an issue is that when you take it away he starts sounding about as bright as Joe Biden. When he has speak publicly with out the prompter he starts to stammer & loose track of what he is supposed to be saying.

Obama was the editor of the Harvard law Review.
And he was such a stellar student he will not release any of his papers or even his GPA. George Bush's academic record was far from perfect, but he was at least willing to release it.
Sarah Palin has nothing.
Other than a documented record of public service and executive ability. Our Dear Leader had no legislative record of note, & no document-able executive experience other than running political campaigns. This has been apparent in his performance for his first two years in office.

I do think their selection is a little weak, however; surely they have some tea party candidates who have studied law at a prestigious school and have a solid knowledge of political theory.
The "prestigious school" education is overrated IMHO. A lack of institutionalized left wing indoctrination is refreshing to many people.
Instead they put forward the Sarah Palins and the Christine O'Donnells. Seriously, you can do it, pick a Mitt Romney, he studied at Harvard Law School. Surely there's a tea party version of Mitt Romney somewhere in the nation.
Sarah's biggest problem is that too many people see her as Tina Fey's character, not herself.
Will she even run? Who knows? The season is still young.

Palin can still win, but they're making it a lot harder on themselves by picking someone like her.
She is not my first choice either, but we could do worse. At least Jeb Bush Jr. is not running this time.

Last edited:

Are you sure we aren't that stupid?

we just elected a two-bit state senator because he talked pretty.
after 8 years of Bush, voting for the guy who can talk pretty seemed the thing to do....at least Obama can read, even if it is from a teleprompter....

I genuinely think she could win. She represents a lot of the tea party policies really well, who cares if she's a little unintelligent?

true......the republicans didn't seem to care that bush was a couple of beers short.....

She didn't finish her job as governor... I'd never vote for her because of that. If she wanted to be a serious candidate, she should have done what her own state, which she claims to love so much, what they elected her to do.

She didn't finish her job as governor... I'd never vote for her because of that. If she wanted to be a serious candidate, she should have a lot done what her own state, which she claims to love so much, elected her to do.

Why govern your state, when you can turn it into a money making reality TV Show?

Why govern your state, when you can turn it into a money making reality TV Show?

Well, she's going to be disappointed in the income the president makes... I think it's like 250,000.. lol

I have a feeling an apology to Alaska will be coming... even though it's been due for a long time

I have a feeling Palin will go away in at least ten years...

I have a feeling an apology to Alaska will be coming... even though it's been due for a long time

Has Texas apologized for Bush yet? I doubt Alaska would apologize either...

Has Texas apologized for Bush yet? I doubt Alaska would apologize either...

Well.. I think the dixie chicks apologized for him..

But I meant to say that when Sarah starts running, and she starts getting bashed on quitting.... she'll apologize to Alaska and make some more promises to them.

after 8 years of Bush, voting for the guy who can talk pretty seemed the thing to do....at least Obama can read, even if it is from a teleprompter....

^
Because we all know being an articulate speaker is indicative of a persons intelligence...

I would go out on a limb and say Bush probably got better grades at Harvard than you did.

Estimates of Bush's IQ are around 125-130 based on SAT scores and also the testing and rigiorous training involved with becoming a fighter pilot. That's hardly what I would call a moron, and I really have to question the intellect or lack there of when people make claims that any president could be a moron, especially based on how they speak.

You may not like his stance, ideaology, party etc, well that's one thing, but inferring you're of superior intellect because of a few gaffes and flubs in speeches is hardly empiracle evidence that he was stupid.

^
Because we all know being an articulate speaker is indicative of a persons intelligence...

I would go out on a limb and say Bush probably got better grades at Harvard than you did.

Estimates of Bush's IQ are around 125-130 based on SAT scores and also the testing and rigiorous training involved with becoming a fighter pilot. That's hardly what I would call a moron, and I really have to question the intellect or lack there of when people make claims that any president could be a moron, especially based on how they speak.

You may not like his stance, ideaology, party etc, well that's one thing, but inferring you're of superior intellect because of a few gaffes and flubs in speeches is hardly empiracle evidence that he was stupid.

I was implying, you were inferring...google the words and learn...and I never said he WAS stupid, I am saying he IS stupid.

and you need to use spell check...
BTW, I voted for him, twice, so I must be even more stupid....

FACTS ABOUT GEORGE DUBYA BUSH THAT YOU MIGHT BE UNAWARE OF….. TAKEN FROM HIS RESUME « Desertpeace

The Military Career of George W. Bush

She will run and unless the establishment end of the GOP unites early behind one solid person, she will win the nomination.

She will run and unless the establishment end of the GOP unites early behind one solid person, she will win the nomination.

I suspect and sincerely hope that you are correct. Palin is the perfect candidate for the GOP. She represents exactly what the party has become.

I suspect and sincerely hope that you are correct. Palin is the perfect candidate for the GOP. She represents exactly what the party has become.

and that becomes crystal clear with each passing day. The only hope of the anti-Palin crowd is to unite behind one solid candidate which can attract the middle in a general election campaign. Sadly, that goes against the very reality of who participates in GOP primaries these days. Right now, the GOP is riding high behind their big successes of a few weeks ago. They are gloating and deserve the right to pat themselves on the back since the Party of No routine seems to have given them some of the results they craved. But when the primary season begins in earnest, the long knives will come up, or better yet, the red painted fingernails will be sharpened to razor quality, and then there will be blood.

Back
Top Bottom