• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could She Reach the Top in 2012? You betcha!

We need to do everything that we can to make sure that Palin is the GOP nominee in 2012. I plan on actively campaigning for her and contributing to her campaign.
Go Palin in 2012!!!

In 2012 even Bigfoot could beat Obama. But Sarah Palin couldn't. And shouldn't. She suffers from the same problem the Bamster suffers from. Inexperience. Someone without experience will be incompetent in office. Bigfoot has a great deal of experience. He runs British Columbia, Washington and Oregon.

And if such a stunt as putting her in for the fun of it backfires? I wouldn't risk it. The country is in too much of a mess, not everyone is happy with Obama and too many don't know the dangers this woman poses.
Just my opinion of course.

And if such a stunt as putting her in for the fun of it backfires? I wouldn't risk it. The country is in too much of a mess, not everyone is happy with Obama and too many don't know the dangers this woman poses.
Just my opinion of course.

This is pretty much how I feel. If people want to get rid of President Obama they should not nominate this woman. Plus, if you were to vote for her in the primaries than that means some one else might win the Democratic nomination as well.

ronald-raygun.gif

I would totally vote for a candidate who ran as a superhero.

I don't want Palin in the general election because I can't stand her for that amount of time. Great in small doses, that one.

edit: The really scary part is the people who actually want her to win. She couldn't even finish a term as governor of Alaska. You really think she could take the pressure of the presidency? Look at the treatment Obama is getting from his opposition. Now imagine what will be leveled against Palin if she were actually in that chair.

She'd crack like an egg dropped from orbit.

Last edited:

Don't worry. You only have to wait 13 more years until I can run and then you can vote for a superhero.

I think you will all be sorely disappointed should Palin win the nomination. Hillary will be most disappointed of all since she is the one who was supposed to the first female president.

I think you will all be sorely disappointed should Palin win the nomination. Hillary will be most disappointed of all since she is the one who was supposed to the first female president.

We are talking about winning the nomination, not about becoming President. They are absolutely not the same thing.

Well it's good to know there are plenty of people here reading to sabatogethe GOP nomination..kind of like I guess well, how her daughter sabotaged that ****ty dancing show?

Well it's good to know there are plenty of people here reading to sabatogethe GOP nomination..kind of like I guess well, how her daughter sabotaged that ****ty dancing show?

I might watch that show if I lost my remote control and broke both my legs walking over to the TV to turn it off.

We are talking about winning the nomination, not about becoming President.

Yeah I know. You want Obama to win therefore you are hoping Palin gets nominated because you are of the opinion that she will get creamed. I am telling you that such hopes are likely to be dashed.

I don't want Palin in the general election because I can't stand her for that amount of time. Great in small doses, that one.

edit: The really scary part is the people who actually want her to win. She couldn't even finish a term as governor of Alaska. You really think she could take the pressure of the presidency? Look at the treatment Obama is getting from his opposition. Now imagine what will be leveled against Palin if she were actually in that chair.

She'd crack like an egg dropped from orbit.

I can't imagine Palin being president in a crisis.. Imagine if she were president on 9/11..

Time to get serious Palin, no winking.. none of that folksy BS.. just talk to the American people about foreign policy and war, you know.. all the s**t you didn't talk about in the debate with Joe Biden

Yeah I know. You want Obama to win therefore you are hoping Palin gets nominated because you are of the opinion that she will get creamed. I am telling you that such hopes are likely to be dashed.

Then put your money where your mouth is and support her for the GOP nod.

I can't imagine Palin being president in a crisis.. Imagine if she were president on 9/11..

Time to get serious Palin, no winking.. none of that folksy BS.. just talk to the American people about foreign policy and war, you know.. all the s**t you didn't talk about in the debate with Joe Biden

Actually I don't know that Palin would have done worse on 911 than the clown that was in the whitehouse at the time. Its hard to think that Palin would sit on her ass with a bunch of school kids while knowing that the country was under attack.

But they want it both ways dude. They will maintain that ANYBODY can beat the hated Obama simply because it is part of the meme. But the entire time it is they that are frightened that it will be 64 and Goldwater all over again if they pick Palin and the tea party hordes are allowed to run amok over the GOP establishment. So they will work hard to pick somebody else like Romney or that really fat guy in Soprano land.

But they want it both ways dude. They will maintain that ANYBODY can beat the hated Obama simply because it is part of the meme. But the entire time it is they that are frightened that it will be 64 and Goldwater all over again if they pick Palin and the tea party hordes are allowed to run amok over the GOP establishment. So they will work hard to pick somebody else like Romney or that really fat guy in Soprano land.

Exactly.....they love to claim that the left is absolutely petrified of Palin...yet down deep...it is them who are deathly afraid of the chance that she could get the nomination because they know that she can never win.

The thing is about 9/11 and how little bit Bush moved because it was not to alarm the children which were probably four to five years old. Hell, the school I was at didn't even tell us until the 10 minute school news which wasn't until the middle of third period in a freaking middle school. I also didn't find out until my mother had came to pick me up from school early which was during my second period around the time the pentagon was hit... So, I don't blame him for that I however do blame him for going in to two wars recklessly without thinking it through.

Barry Goldwater was a freaking moderate republican, but I guess to anyone that is far left he was an extreme right winger. If people actually paid attention to what people say instead of taking stuff out of context, or cherry picking the world would be a little bit smarter in the way they voted.

However, I will never vote for Sarah Palin it just that she is stupid, and would crack under pressure when things got to bad, and then quits half way through her term. She is just a cheerleader for the GOP, but their are people that are stupid enough to vote for her which to me is even scarier that her running.

Last edited:
The thing is about 9/11 and how little bit Bush moved because it was not to alarm the children which were probably four to five years old. Hell, the school I was at didn't even tell us until the 10 minute school news which wasn't until the middle of third period in a freaking middle school. I also didn't find out until my mother had came to pick me up from school early which was during my second period around the time the pentagon was hit... So, I don't blame him for that I however do blame him for going in to two wars recklessly without thinking it through.

Barry Goldwater was a freaking moderate republican, but I guess to anyone that is far left he was an extreme right winger. If people actually paid attention to what people say instead of taking stuff out of context, or cherry picking the world would be a little bit smarter in the way they voted.

However, I will never vote for Sarah Palin it just that she is stupid, and would crack under pressure when things got to bad, and then quits half way through her term. She is just a cheerleader for the GOP, but their are people that are stupid enough to vote for her which to me is even scarier that her running.

That "didn't want to alarm the children" line is nothing but "Why doesn't anyone think of the children" BS and an attempt to justify GW having zero clue with how to act in a Presidential manner.
He could have walked out of the room and said "I have an important matter to attend to"....no one is suggesting that he had to freak out and "Scare the children".

I am not going to stake a position until I know who is running. If Ron Paul runs again or Gary E. Johnson runs I will most likely vote for one of them because I find their politics to be preferable. However, should she be the GOP nominee I would most likely vote for her over Obama.

That "didn't want to alarm the children" line is nothing but "Why doesn't anyone think of the children" BS and an attempt to justify GW having zero clue with how to act in a Presidential manner.
He could have walked out of the room and said "I have an important matter to attend to"....no one is suggesting that he had to freak out and "Scare the children".

I think the more likely scenario is that secret service wanted him to stay right where he was while they assessed the situation and determined best how to safely move him. They had every reason to suspect that an attack on the president was imminent.

Or maybe his brain just needed a couple minutes to process things. I know I stared blankly at my television for some indeterminate period of time, and I'm not the guy in charge of responding to that. I'll criticize President Bush for any number of things, but not his behavior for those few minutes.

More on-topic, I agree that Palin could never take the pressure of the presidency.

Last edited:
I am not going to stake a position until I know who is running. If Ron Paul runs again or Gary E. Johnson runs I will most likely vote for one of them because I find their politics to be preferable. However, should she be the GOP nominee I would most likely vote for her over Obama.

Well if its not the Alaskan Ice Queen than the GOP nomination to Ron Paul would make me very very happy indeed. And I suspect the family of Barry Goldwater would also be happy that his low previous numbers will look like the peaks of the Alps compared to what Paul would get.

Actually I don't know that Palin would have done worse on 911 than the clown that was in the whitehouse at the time. Its hard to think that Palin would sit on her ass with a bunch of school kids while knowing that the country was under attack.

I could totally see her doing that, but at least GW spoke out to the nation and he did so in a presidential way.. I know he had speech writers, but he wasn't looked at as a compete joke before.. He never winked in the camera or talked to grown adults in a silly voice before that happened.

I honestly don't believe she understands the seriousness of the job... It isn't all about rhetoric and bashing Obama. Once you're elected president, you have a job to do.. She has no policy and she has no ideas. She is just about folksy talk, good ol Alaska, and nasty rhetoric.

I think the more likely scenario is that secret service wanted him to stay right where he was while they assessed the situation and determined best how to safely move him. They had every reason to suspect that an attack on the president was imminent.

Or maybe his brain just needed a couple minutes to process things. I know I stared blankly at my television for some indeterminate period of time, and I'm not the guy in charge of responding to that. I'll criticize President Bush for any number of things, but not his behavior for those few minutes.

More on-topic, I agree that Palin could never take the pressure of the presidency.

I didn't stare at the tv.. That is crazy that you did that, because I was the opposite. I was bouncing off the walls and asking my parents.. who did this? do they know? do they have any ideas? why did they do this? wtf is going to happen? where are all the other plans... wtf is being done? are we safe?

.. just saying

I could totally see her doing that, but at least GW spoke out to the nation and he did so in a presidential way.. I know he had speech writers, but he wasn't looked at as a compete joke before.. He never winked in the camera or talked to grown adults in a silly voice before that happened.

I honestly don't believe she understands the seriousness of the job... It isn't all about rhetoric and bashing Obama. Once you're elected president, you have a job to do.. She has no policy and she has no ideas. She is just about folksy talk, good ol Alaska, and nasty rhetoric.

She is playing politics. Her inexperience with playing politics is partly why she was perceived so badly and certain more absurd claims emerged, like the one that she claimed Alaska being close to Russia gave her foreign policy experience. Ron Paul is not too good at playing politics, but his son Rand is and he is a Senator-elect today partly as a result of that.

Back
Top Bottom