• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Roberts and Kennedy be forming a third wing in the SCOTUS?

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I sure hope so.
The latest fight with Citizens United 2.0 could give a split-decision, just as VRA did.
When their opinions are the same and they pick off Justices from the two Party wings, the SCOTUS will bge better.
Roberts went to the dark side over ACA and Kennedy has been known to dabble.

I don't think the SCOTUS should have any wing.

Of course we shouldn't have wings.
But Present Moment Awareness seems to demand that we recognize reality.
I would be thrilled with a "center-right" wing that attracts Justices from both parties.

Of course we shouldn't have wings.
But Present Moment Awareness seems to demand that we recognize reality.
I would be thrilled with a "center-right" wing that attracts Justices from both parties.

so thats so nice of you.

anyone can see from what you posted to want moderates to be considered the right on the USSC and the rest from the left be as they are......so you believe you can get the decisions you want from them.

Now who is being partisan Ernst?
I wasn't even talking to you but troll-away.
A third non-partisan wing IDEA in the SCOTUS and you still attack.
I've been trying to keep my editignore list to a top 25, like in sports.

so thats so nice of you.

anyone can see from what you posted to want moderates to be considered the right on the USSC and the rest from the left be as they are......so you believe you can get the decisions you want from them.

Now who is being partisan Ernst?
I wasn't even talking to you but troll-away.
A third non-partisan wing IDEA in the SCOTUS and you still attack.
I've been trying to keep my editignore list to a top 25, like in sports.

dude its simple, your stating that the people you feel are right-ies on the court,...should move towards the middle, meanwhile you dont say the lefties on the court should move towards the middle.

you hoping for something to change on the right, so decisions by the court will be in your favor.......you going to say i am partisan?

i have not taken a position on the court at all.

The realignment of the SCOTUS on a spectrum of issues continued today with both Kennedy and Kagan
showing skepticism with a Massachusetts abortion clinic "buffer zone" first amendment issue.

With a 5-4 Court we're all sick of,
Sotomayor and Kagan together with Roberts and Kennedy show a hopeful Centrist fluid wing of intelligent thought.

Some reading this might also wonder if the Roberts Court will ever revisit Roe v. Wade .

Back
Top Bottom