• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Putin be deposed?

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I’m sure that’s a question on a lots of people’s minds in Russia, especially the elite. Could he be deposed, and if so, how?

“A former Russian minister has predicted Vladimir Putin could be deposed in a bloody Kremlin coup if the war efforts gets even more chaotic.

Andrei Kozyrev, who served in the first post-Soviet government in the 1990s, said dissent could be growing among the president’s allies.

Reports have emerged from Moscow in recent days that there is increasing nervousness and anger from some around Mr Putin about the invasion of Ukraine.

Dissident journalist Farida Rustamova claimed this week to have been told Kremlin officials are ‘privately denouncing’ the Ukraine invasion as a ‘clusterf***’.”

Andrei Kozyrev, who served in the first post-Soviet government in the 1990s, said dissent could be growing among the president’s allies.
Let's all hope that the thug will soon be, uh, "retired" (maybe to Switzerland, where his mistress lives).

What he is doing to Ukrainian and Russian soldiers (not to mention civilians) marks him as a genuine Nazi.

“A former Russian minister has predicted Vladimir Putin could be deposed in a bloody Kremlin coup if the war efforts gets even more chaotic.

Reports have emerged from Moscow in recent days that there is increasing nervousness and anger from some around Mr Putin about the invasion of Ukraine.

Dissident journalist Farida Rustamova claimed this week to have been told Kremlin officials are ‘privately denouncing’ the Ukraine invasion as a ‘clusterf***’.”

If an American President can get an election stolen from him, then sure...a Russian President can be booted from his position.

Interesting take. It is one of the only denouements that have been discussed, but the only one likely to curb Russian adventurism.

Not gonna happen
Silly really.

If an American President can get an election stolen from him, then sure...a Russian President can be booted from his position.

A president can? How?

Jesus... stuff it where the sun don't shine.

There is no evidence whatsoever that happened. Get a grip already.

So… your puppet masters are still having you regurgitate this line? By the way, when will you transition your narrative from “they stole 2020” to “they’ll steal 2024, we have to stop them!” ?

It takes time to setup a good conspiracy theory and I’ve noticed you haven’t been casting doubt on 2024 as much as the handlers are expecting. You really ought to get started.

Let's all hope that the thug will soon be, uh, "retired" (maybe to Switzerland, where his mistress lives).

What he is doing to Ukrainian and Russian soldiers (not to mention civilians) marks him as a genuine Nazi.

Godwins Law*

godwins law.png

Why would anyone bother? The russian govt just like all western govts has a chain of command, and a new commander to step over the body of the previous fallen one.

This means medvev or lavrov would be the next in line, followed by many hardline generals and politicians. Do you really think putin just sat around deciding he was the chosen one and made zero backup plans, much of his views are shared by the russian govt and ruling elite, they have a backup of a backup of a backup etc etc etc/

All that would be achieved is the name of the dictator would change but business would go on as usually, and will forever so long as the russian people govt and military back such leadership.

Why would anyone bother? The russian govt just like all western govts has a chain of command, and a new commander to step over the body of the previous fallen one.

This means medvev or lavrov would be the next in line, followed by many hardline generals and politicians. Do you really think putin just sat around deciding he was the chosen one and made zero backup plans, much of his views are shared by the russian govt and ruling elite, they have a backup of a backup of a backup etc etc etc/

All that would be achieved is the name of the dictator would change but business would go on as usually, and will forever so long as the russian people govt and military back such leadership.

Actually, there may be some reasonable men, non-KGB alums, who understand the need to move beyond the “old ways” and that rejoining the world community would be way better economically and diplomatically for the long term for Russia than being a pariah on the world stage. I’m thinking of how surprised everyone was when Gorbachev understood this and transitioned peacefully away from the Old World Order of the Iron Curtain. I am willing to bet that there are plenty of elite Russians who understand this.
I also suspect that there are plenty of generals who are tired of seeing their Army wrecked on the shoals of Putin’s ego and would be glad to assist in this.
There are literally millions of Russians who would like to see Putin go, the problem being whether there is a pathway to accomplish that.

Last edited:
So… your puppet masters are still having you regurgitate this line? By the way, when will you transition your narrative from “they stole 2020” to “they’ll steal 2024, we have to stop them!” ?
I don't have to transition anything. Various State Republicans are already taking steps to prevent the 2020 election fraud from happening again...and the usual suspects are already screaming bloody murder.

It takes time to setup a good conspiracy theory and I’ve noticed you haven’t been casting doubt on 2024 as much as the handlers are expecting. You really ought to get started.
I don't think they will be able to commit the same kind of election fraud in 2024. That's why the Trump haters are working so hard to find other ways to keep Trump out of office.

On whether a coup against Putin is possible I hope so. But it will only come after the Russian elite has truly had enough, which means Ukraine is in for a worse pounding till then. Moreover it won’t be good for the Russian people - just another authoritarian junta - but at least they’ll probably give up on Ukraine.

Spoiler alert: it’s not all about you
That's correct. That's why I can't understand why people like you always want to make it about me.

Yeah like voting against him?
No.

Like creating new frivolous lawsuits. Like the House dog and pony show. Like the constant stream of unsupported nonsense from unnamed sources and from people trying to sell their books.

No.

Like creating new frivolous lawsuits. Like the House dog and pony show. Like the constant stream of unsupported nonsense from unnamed sources and from people trying to sell their books.
Stop trying to hijack the thread. It’s not about Twump or your petty grievances over 2020. He’s a ****ing loser.

Stop trying to hijack the thread. It’s not about Twump or your petty grievances over 2020. He’s a ****ing loser.
I'm not trying. I answered the thread question. Don't blame me if you get triggered by my answer.

I don't think anyone who isn't a complete bootlicker is any position to get to Putin. I am sure they all think it's a cluster**** though, even Putin probably thinks that, while trying to find people to blame for it.

Switzerland? That's way to good for him. And I doubt Switzerland would let him in.

I would say the latter is much more probable than the former. I mean, Al Gore had a decent case, but in the end, Bush beat him. Of course Gore wasn't president, but it's the closest we've come (afaik) to a "stolen" presidential election.

Switzerland? That's way to good for him. And I doubt Switzerland would let him in.
So true!

But I have to be careful what I say.

Only people like Senator Graham can say what they really think.

Back
Top Bottom