• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

???Could or Should A Woman Become President???

Who will become president first?

• Black Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Women

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/White(Mix Person) Man

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Black/White(Mix Person) Women

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • White Women

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Other(Beside White Male)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Loxd4 said:
Well are you an astronaut yet? Or are you in physics training, right now?
Does anyone know the ratio of women becoming astronauts over men? How about the ratio of women getting and keeping high profile job's over men? Now I wonder what you come up with for the results?

And what exactly will this prove? That women are incapable or that society trains them for other things? There are more women then men in college now. What does that prove?

Kelzie said:
And what exactly will this prove? That women are incapable or that society trains them for other things? There are more women then men in college now. What does that prove?

I'm not sure what his point was. It did not address my post at all! For the record I used to be an inorganic chemist and now I've moved onto to better things......... Anyway, cliffs notes of my post, yes, men and women have different patterns of thinking and learning but both are capable of many tasks and professions that are historically either male or female. (I was specifically addressing the post regarding how women make better caregivers of children than men which in my mind is somewhat prejudicial against men.)

bandaidwoman said:
I'm not sure what his point was. It did not address my post at all! For the record I used to be an inorganic chemist and now I've moved onto to better things......... Anyway, cliffs notes of my post, yes, men and women have different patterns of thinking and learning but both are capable of many tasks and professions that are historically either male or female. (I was specifically addressing the post regarding how women make better caregivers of children than men which in my mind is somewhat prejudicial against men.)

Another science chick...my mom would be thrilled. She's a geological engineer.

Hillary Clinton, without a doubt in my mind, will be the next President of the United States. Who do we have to thank for this? The Republicans. This country has seen enough of them running things. Katrina was the last straw. Starting next fall, its Republicans R.I.P.

Billo_Really said:
Hillary Clinton, without a doubt in my mind, will be the next President of the United States. Who do we have to thank for this? The Republicans. This country has seen enough of them running things. Katrina was the last straw. Starting next fall, its Republicans R.I.P.

Why are the democrats a female when we all know that sexism is still alive and kicking in the USA. Special Hilary Clinton, who pick the candidates this day’s. I thought the democrats wanted to win not lose...And if Hilary Clinton run’s for president and loss she will be wipe off the face of ever valets in every state in they USA. So don’t think that is a wise choice of her if she run’s(All least this election come up).

Should or could????? I wont' say should, but definately yes on could.. And will say there will be a woman president in the near future. I would guess, if not in 2008, then in 2012.

Jack

The idea that a woman couldn't be pres. because she might get pregnant is just silly. Yes, you can be pres. when you are 35 but I don't think that has ever happened. According to Webmd.com most women go through menoupause between the ages of 45 and 55. Most pres. are elected after the age of 55. (Sen.Clinton is 58 btw)
I can't believe that someone would acctually say that the decline of America can be traced to women leaving the home. How can denying half of the citizens of your country full autonomy and citizenship go against the good of the nation?

I am a male and not a young one either. I might be a black sheep in the stereotype of my generation, but I don't believe that women leaving the home to work is the negative cause of anything. However, I do believe the necessity of women leaving home to work (etc) has wrought changes,and with changes there is always things that go awry. I also believe that the the probs with violence and the sexual revolutions can be layed directly on the doorstep of television in particular and the media in general. As the old saying goes, time changes everything. Consider comparing the 1800's with the early 1900's and one will see many changes that decry decadence. If someone who died in the mid 1800's could have been resurrected in the early 1900's (1920/1930) they would have been horrified, even mortified of the changes that were wrought. We WILL have a woman pres and she will be better or worse than her predecessors depending on her knowledge and morals, not just because she is a woman. There, I've beat around the bush long enuff. I should have been a politician.

Jack

Can you imagine a woman suffering from PMS while trying to run a war.:shock:

KCConservative said:

You are ...of course...joking here, so I wont point out the obvious.

I can see no reason that Gender need play a role in qualifications for President. While Hillary scares me to no end in many ways, our Current president has forced me to accept candidates far below what I may see as an Ideal. But, I will always use my number one criteria when my ballot is cast:

The president MUST be smarter than I am.

Strange1 said:
I am a male and not a young one either. I might be a black sheep in the stereotype of my generation, but I don't believe that women leaving the home to work is the negative cause of anything. However, I do believe the necessity of women leaving home to work (etc) has wrought changes,and with changes there is always things that go awry. I also believe that the the probs with violence and the sexual revolutions can be layed directly on the doorstep of television in particular and the media in general.
Jack

I think you are close to right. But the fact remains that women having to work outside the home has broken down the family. You seem to want to blame television for being watched by people who aren't supposed to be watching it. The television is NOT a babysitter. Parents need to be involved with their kids and monitoring what they are exposed to. That said why not blame William Shakespear, his plays had sex and violence in them. Or how about the best selling book ever, the bible.

KCConservative said:

Explains why the conservatives are so terrified of Hillary Clinton become president.

Iriemon said:
Explains why the conservatives are so terrified of Hillary Clinton become president.
Her menstral cycle is only one of the many things that frightens me about Hillary as president. :rofl

KCConservative said:
Her menstral cycle is only one of the many things that frightens me about Hillary as president. :rofl

You continue mentioning PMS as if you had a point.

Kelzie said:
You continue mentioning PMS as if you had a point.
Because Iriemon asked for clarification.

KCConservative said:

And I suppose there is absolutely no data linking male aggressive behavior and testosterone hormone...hmmmm? Perhaps we should not elect biological vassals loaded with a hormone proven to be associated with aggression, war, etc?

My point is, I really don't care about the hormonal milieu of whom I elect for office.You can argue it both ways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom