• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could Fred Phelps be a gay rights activist in disguise?

middleagedgamer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I mean, his views are so radical that no one wants to be labeled as siding with him on virtually anything.

But... could that just be the biggest case of reverse psychology in the entire nation?

Like, when SCOTUS finally legalizes same-sex marriage, he'll produce a letter that he mailed to himself, many many years ago, where he details his plan to use reverse psychology to garner support for gay rights!

Wouldn't that be a sight?

Whoaaah Duuude.... Trippy Idea maaaan.

This should be in the conspiracy theory forum.

Honestly. I've seen a lot of stuff on the WBC.

The only theory I can come up with that makes any sense for the level of hatred that he has in his heart, and that he spreads, is that he's a self loather.

He is gay himself. And he simply cannot comes to terms with it. We see it all the time with Right Wing Christians who set up "family values councils" while banging the rent boy.

But this guy takes it to a WHOLE new level.

The only thing I find sad, is there's this one guy called Louis Theroux, who went to live with them for awhile. And he spoke to one of the girls of the family, she was quite pretty, and looked almost identical to an ex-girlfriend of mine. And in certain moments it seems like she doesn't believe what she's talking about.

Her bit starts at 5:13

You can find the rest of it connected to this one. It's really quite revealing. Just a shame about this girl, one of the many casualties of an indoctrinating asshole. I feel sorry for all the children who grow up in this environment.

Honestly. I've seen a lot of stuff on the WBC.

The only theory I can come up with that makes any sense for the level of hatred that he has in his heart, and that he spreads, is that he's a self loather.

He is gay himself. And he simply cannot comes to terms with it. We see it all the time with Right Wing Christians who set up "family values councils" while banging the rent boy.

But this guy takes it to a WHOLE new level.

The only thing I find sad, is there's this one guy called Louis Theroux, who went to live with them for awhile. And he spoke to one of the girls of the family, she was quite pretty, and looked almost identical to an ex-girlfriend of mine. And in certain moments it seems like she doesn't believe what she's talking about.

Her bit starts at 5:13

You can find the rest of it connected to this one. It's really quite revealing. Just a shame about this girl, one of the many casualties of an indoctrinating asshole. I feel sorry for all the children who grow up in this environment.

I prefer THIS one!

YouTube - Michael Moore- The Awful Truth Sodomobile

Louis Theroux is one of the ballsiest people out there, I watched his special on Nazi's it was almost shocking that no one tried to kill him since Theroux is jewish.

I realize this is probably tongue-in-cheek, but in a word: No. The risk to the Gay Rights movement of being found out mocking dead soldiers in an attempt to marginalize the other side would outweigh (by an astronomical amount) the benefit in actually doing so.

In fact that gets me thinking. The WBC are a pretty cagey bunch. Maybe they've considered doing this?

I think Phelps is a con artist trying to provoke people into assaulting him or provoking authorities into unjustly arrested him so he can sue.

Fred Phelps Timeline | Southern Poverty Law Center
Phelps files a $50-million class action suit against Sears after a local outlet is several days late delivering a television set. Litigation continues for six years and is eventually settled with Sears paying Phelps $126 — about $60 less than Phelps' son originally paid for the TV, which he never receives.

snip...

Phelps files the first of three federal lawsuits against Washburn University Law School after three of his children are denied admission. The suit contends his children should be granted minority status, and thus benefit from affirmative action, because of their association with their father's "civil rights" legal work.

A later suit switches the argument, alleging reverse discrimination because Phelps' children are white. All are dismissed in 1986.

Phelps sues President Ronald Reagan for sending an ambassador to the Vatican, alleging violations of the constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion.

Nine federal judges in Kansas sign a disciplinary complaint against Phelps, five of his children and a daughter-in-law, alleging the seven made false accusations against the judges.

In a separate complaint, Phelps, still practicing in federal court, will be censured in 1987 for writing abusive letters this year to potential defendants threatening lawsuits if his demands were not met.

snip...

Shawnee County District Attorney Joan Hamilton begins to bring battery, assault and other charges — including eight counts of criminal defamation — against WBC members for a litany of alleged picket line abuses.

After Phelps responds by filing the first of three suits against Hamilton alleging wrongful prosecution, a court invalidates the state defamation statute, enjoins further prosecution of WBC members in the cases, and awards $43,000 in legal fees to the church.

snip...

Claiming the city has not done enough to protect WBC picketers, Phelps threatens to sue Topeka if he is not paid $1 million. When the city demurs, Phelps sues for $7 million.

In one of several civil rights cases filed by Phelps, an area school district pays almost $9,000 to Evelyn Rene Johnson (and over $10,000 in legal fees to Phelps) to settle a discrimination case.

Another Phelps case results in a settlement for blacks who were illegally searched by police at a party.

In 1986 and 1987, Phelps will receive three awards for his civil rights cases, including one bestowed by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Back
Top Bottom