• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Could “God” destroy “Satan” and “ Hell”?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Simple question.

Could god execute/destroy Satan and Hell?
Completely destroy. Remove from the supernatural existence it dwells in. Gone. Forever. For all eternity no more. Never again to have any relevance to any human ever. No “eternal punishment“ for anyone ever again.
All those currently in Hell get a free pass to Heaven. Everyone. They’ve been punished enough.

And don’t give me that “free will“ idiocy. Free will has nothing to do with Satan and Hell.
Free will does not need “ultimate evil“ to exist.
You can “not believe” and still be a good person.
You can “ believe” and still be a bad person.

Any and all “punishment” for Earthly indiscretions will be restricted to no longer than ten earth years spent cleaning the floors of heaven with a toothbrush. And that’s only for the worst offenders.
Temporary indiscretions can be punished temporarily. No need for eternal punishment.

So tell me. Could god kill Satan? Could god shut Hell down forever?

You know, assuming you believe such things.

Hell is not a physical place but merely the grave of mankind...and yes, it will be destroyed, along with Satan the Devil, to nevermore exist, by throwing it in the lake of fire...the 2nd death, which is permanent...

"And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire...And death and the Grave* were hurled into the lake of fire.+ This means the second death,+ the lake of fire." Revelation 20:10,14 NWT

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone...And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Revelation 20:10,14 KJV

Simple question.

Completely destroy. Remove from the supernatural existence it dwells in. Gone. Forever. For all eternity no more. Never again to have any relevance to any human ever. No “eternal punishment“ for anyone ever again.
All those currently in Hell get a free pass to Heaven. Everyone. They’ve been punished enough.

And don’t give me that “free will“ idiocy. Free will has nothing to do with Satan and Hell.

Any and all “punishment” for Earthly indiscretions will be restricted to no longer than ten earth years spent cleaning the floors of heaven with a toothbrush. And that’s only for the worst offenders.
Temporary indiscretions can be punished temporarily. No need for eternal punishment.

God could dissolve the whole material world and he does from time to time.

Otherwise, the Lake of Fire isn't going to go away, and Satan is an Eternal being that can never be destroyed.

Simple question.

Yes he could. If he chose to (if you believe such things).

Yes, again.

That is the only answer, since your OP does not wish anything further.

If you believe such things that would be the case.

Simple question.

Dissolution of the Material cosmos takes a long time. Consider a big bang to be 28 billion years is only a millisecond. In all the innumerable Universal Big Bangs across Creation, if one gets too much mass and condenses, the entire Creation is upturned and dumped down the pit. It takes a long time to fall down the pit to the frog eggs and even longer for the Causal planet to be devoured and then to merge with other frog eggs to create a Causal Big Bang.

The Material Creation can be dissolved at any moment but usually it goes on and on for numerous cycles, before the Lord orders the Archangels to blow their Trumpets, and then all the material entities take shelter in the body of Ksirodakasayi Vishnu.

There are other endings. At the End there are four, Krishna, the Son, the Holy Spirit and Tulsi. The Son dies to nourish Tulsi with His blood, who's leaves and manjaris are Krishnas last food. The Holy Spirit runs off with He, and Krishna and Tulsi rotate staying and returning to the Spiritual World. When Krishna stays compounds are (shh) opened, and when Tulsi stays they are closed.

There is a planet at the end, if Christ doesn't get this one, he may not get one until then and it would be that the Holy Spirit never got any. Otherwise all the rest are Hers, starting with Mars, that we could have terraformed within the ten-million year convergence as the disc passes through the meridian. Something else may evolve for the alignment.

Simple question.

When God gave Lucifer, his lead Archangel, his undivided attention, Lucifer wisely set up a schoolroom, because he knew what people were like, unlike God.

It turns out we've all be sucking leeches on God since the beginning, that means for Eternity.

How weird.
Missions were set up on the paths leading to the material world, warning not to go there, and God said, if you go there, you can never return to me and we said, "By God."

If after so many eons of material existence the same word is preached as in the beginning showing us a way to be free of the material world we will take to it.

Missions were set up on the paths leading to the material world, warning not to go there, and God said, if you go there, you can never return to me and we said, "By God."

If after so many eons of material existence the same word is preached as in the beginning showing us a way to be free of the material world we will take to it.
It gets even weirder.

Hell is not a physical place but merely the grave of mankind...and yes, it will be destroyed, along with Satan the Devil, to nevermore exist, by throwing it in the lake of fire...the 2nd death, which is permanent...
Ok but can we like wait to destroy it? I want to make sure I get to visit it first.

That obviously generates the following obvious question:

Then why wouldn’t he?

Study various religious views.

The answers are always provided in origin myths.

But if you are asking me, personally?

Then think of creation as a vast "computer game."

Wouldn't you get bored if all you could do would be to eternally walk down a path with absolutely no challenges?

That obviously generates the following obvious question:

Then why wouldn’t he?
There is a long (and complicated) and short answer to that question. I'll go with the short version of the short answer because I doubt any answer will be satisfactory to you.

God is both a just and a patient God. Everyone assumes that Lucifer was forever condemned without the possibility of redemption. I see no evidence for that. By sparing Satan for final judgement God showed to the other angels His mercy so that instead of obeying Him because of fear of destruction they would choose to obey Him because of His justice and righteousness. This was extended to mankind as well. God will not completely destroy His creation because they are redeemable. However, God knows that in the end Satan will be judged and destroyed because Satan will not repent of his rebellion against Him and God's justice will be known to all.

There is a long (and complicated) and short answer to that question. I'll go with the short version of the short answer because I doubt any answer will be satisfactory to you.

God is both a just and a patient God. Everyone assumes that Lucifer was forever condemned without the possibility of redemption. I see no evidence for that. By sparing Satan for final judgement God showed to the other angels His mercy so that instead of obeying Him because of fear of destruction they would choose to obey Him because of His justice and righteousness. This was extended to mankind as well. God will not completely destroy His creation because they are redeemable. However, God knows that in the end Satan will be judged and destroyed because Satan will not repent of his rebellion against Him and God's justice will be known to all.

Nah, too complicated.

See my answer in post #17. ;)

Dissolution of the Material cosmos takes a long time. Consider a big bang to be 28 billion years is only a millisecond. In all the innumerable Universal Big Bangs across Creation, if one gets too much mass and condenses, the entire Creation is upturned and dumped down the pit. It takes a long time to fall down the pit to the frog eggs and even longer for the Causal planet to be devoured and then to merge with other frog eggs to create a Causal Big Bang.

The Material Creation can be dissolved at any moment but usually it goes on and on for numerous cycles, before the Lord orders the Archangels to blow their Trumpets, and then all the material entities take shelter in the body of Ksirodakasayi Vishnu.

There are other endings. At the End there are four, Krishna, the Son, the Holy Spirit and Tulsi. The Son dies to nourish Tulsi with His blood, who's leaves and manjaris are Krishnas last food. The Holy Spirit runs off with He, and Krishna and Tulsi rotate staying and returning to the Spiritual World. When Krishna stays compounds are (shh) opened, and when Tulsi stays they are closed.

There is a planet at the end, if Christ doesn't get this one, he may not get one until then and it would be that the Holy Spirit never got any. Otherwise all the rest are Hers, starting with Mars, that we could have terraformed within the ten-million year convergence as the disc passes through the meridian. Something else may evolve for the alignment.
A politician from Hawaii is a cosmic entity?

But if you are asking me, personally?

Then think of creation as a vast "computer game."

Wouldn't you get bored if all you could do would be to eternally walk down a path with absolutely no challenges?

No.

Best "religious view" I've ever come across.

lao-tzu-7262.jpg

Back
Top Bottom