• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cotton: Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hillary Clinton recklessly discussed, in emails hosted on her private server, an Iranian nuclear scientist who was executed by Iran for treason, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., said Sunday.
"I'm not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton's private server, there were conversations among her senior advisors about this gentleman," he said on "Face the Nation." Cotton was speaking about Shahram Amiri, who gave information to the U.S. about Iran's nuclear program.
The senator said this lapse proves she is not capable of keeping the country safe.
"That goes to show just how reckless and careless her decision was to put that kind of highly classified information on a private server. And I think her judgment is not suited to keep this country safe," he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotton-clinton-discussed-executed-iranian-scientist-on-email/article/2598807

So, as we go back and forth about whether Trump would use Nukes or not, details like this come out....Talk about 'unfit'.....Wow.

This is not surprising, since she has learned a lot from Obama.

He also ****ed up the life of a guy who helped him get bin Laden.

So, as we go back and forth about whether Trump would use Nukes or not, details like this come out....Talk about 'unfit'.....Wow.

Nice job, Hill!

For her "personal convenience" at least one man has died as a result of being identified because of her cavalier attitude concerning the "sacrifice" of public service. For people like Hillary "service" and "sacrifice" are what the fools and the little people do.

She recklessly discussed an Iranian scientist that was executed for treason? Is the claim that she was responsible or just that she talked about the execution?

Never mind, it was just worded weird. Any link to the email?

Last edited:
She recklessly discussed an Iranian scientist that was executed for treason? Is the claim that she was responsible or just that she talked about the execution?

Never mind, it was just worded weird. Any link to the email?

From reading the story, it makes it sound like she, and her crew were discussing the scientists help to the US before he was executed, however does not give dates....So....But, I will say that it at least shows how careless she was....Gawd, how is this woman not indicted?

From reading the story, it makes it sound like she, and her crew were discussing the scientists help to the US before he was executed, however does not give dates....So....But, I will say that it at least shows how careless she was....Gawd, how is this woman not indicted?
I think I found a snippet of at least a couple of the emails.
Iran says it executed nuclear scientist in US spy mystery
An email forwarded to Clinton by senior adviser Jake Sullivan on July 5, 2010 — just nine days before Amiri returned to Tehran — appears to reference the scientist.

“We have a diplomatic, ‘psychological’ issue, not a legal one. Our friend has to be given a way out,” the email by Richard Morningstar, a former State Department special envoy for Eurasian energy, read. “Our person won’t be able to do anything anyway. If he has to leave so be it.”

“The gentleman ... has apparently gone to his country’s interests section because he is unhappy with how much time it has taken to facilitate his departure,” Sullivan wrote. “This could lead to problematic news stories in the next 24 hours.”

I have't found anything where his name is mentioned.

People have no idea... The damage she has done.

This just the tip... You think of all the Intel our adversaries and enemies have!!!!

And of course... She will lie about it.

"Vast right-wing conspiracy.*"

* Will not fly anymore.

I think I found a snippet of at least a couple of the emails.
Iran says it executed nuclear scientist in US spy mystery
An email forwarded to Clinton by senior adviser Jake Sullivan on July 5, 2010 — just nine days before Amiri returned to Tehran — appears to reference the scientist.

“We have a diplomatic, ‘psychological’ issue, not a legal one. Our friend has to be given a way out,” the email by Richard Morningstar, a former State Department special envoy for Eurasian energy, read. “Our person won’t be able to do anything anyway. If he has to leave so be it.”

“The gentleman ... has apparently gone to his country’s interests section because he is unhappy with how much time it has taken to facilitate his departure,” Sullivan wrote. “This could lead to problematic news stories in the next 24 hours.”

I have't found anything where his name is mentioned.

THEY... Don't have to name the individual. THEY knew who was being discussed, and by the distinct circumstances, the enemy would know too.

You don't think the Russians tipped them off?

Um, Amiri was kidnapped and held in a joint operation by Saudi/CIA officials in '07, it was reported as far back as 2010 that he was turned as spy for the US, he went back to Iran to more than likely try to protect his threatened family there. Her emails were not known until long after these events and showed nothing that either the US or Iranian intelligence did not already know about Amiri.

!. Cotton is an idiot.

2. Maybe you were unaware, but it was...in all the papers at the time.

Surprise!

If the email was classified retroactively ....then is Rep. Cotton guilty of talking about classified information on TV?

Nice job, Hill!

For her "personal convenience" at least one man has died as a result of being identified because of her cavalier attitude concerning the "sacrifice" of public service. For people like Hillary "service" and "sacrifice" are what the fools and the little people do.

No, there is abolutely zero evidence that her email had anything to do w/his death. Remeber, this is treasonous Tehran Tom we're talking about.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/08/07/world/middleeast/ap-ml-iran-mysterious-scientist.html

Last edited:

What's the issue here? She discussed a dead guy?

Was the fact that he was dead classified?

Nice job, Hill!

Umm, what? Where did you get the idea that her email box was the reason this guy was executed?

Oh, wait. I already know where you pulled it from.

Umm, what? Where did you get the idea that her email box was the reason this guy was executed?

Oh, wait. I already know where you pulled it from.

The bitter Sander supporter meme box?

Nice job, Hill!

risky I'm sooooo disappointed in you. You're not buying into this crap....are you?

Truthfully, no. Not yet. There is no direct and damning email that I have seen.

There's not really anything at all. She "discussed" the guy... what, after he died? The thing that was all over the news, SecState talked about? We're doomed.

!. Cotton is an idiot.

2. Maybe you were unaware, but it was...in all the papers at the time.

Surprise!

I think the idiot is the women who had a private server in her house replete with national security secrets of the highest level, and wasn't protected by a government approved company.

A server that was likely being probed more often than all the whores currently in Rio.

That IS a major league idiot who disregards our national security for her own benefit.

What's the issue here? She discussed a dead guy?

Was the fact that he was dead classified?
Doesn't appear, if you look at the information posted in post #6 by MrPeanut here, that the email alluded to any information or context that the scientist was yet executed at the time of those emails.

Doesn't appear, if you look at the information posted in post #6 by MrPeanut here, that the email alluded to any information or context that the scientist was yet executed at the time of those emails.

That email could be about literally anybody.

This woman is not indicted because, the FBI explained, it had never charged someone in these circumstances. The instances in which someone was charged involved aggravating factors.

Can you prove the FBI was lying?

Back
Top Bottom