• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cotton: Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email

That email could be about literally anybody.
Yeah, that makes it all better. He wasn't executed prior to the emails, but was after. Could be they figured it out... he is for sure dead now, so something transpired. And that's just one of her emails, maybe she fingered the scientist by name in another. Yes, Hillary is a combination of not caring at all and being that incompetent.

So, as we go back and forth about whether Trump would use Nukes or not, details like this come out....Talk about 'unfit'.....Wow.

Jeez, what a tool and liar Cotton is. What he claims was on Hillary Clinton's server and hacked has been in the public domain ever since 2010. Want to see an article? Even has the scientist's name in it.

Iran scientist Shahram Amiri free to leave, US insists - BBC News

The date on this article is July of 2010.

That email could be about literally anybody.
Herein lies the problem with classified imformation. It could of been about somebody else and maybe they killed the wrong guy over it. Maybe we are saying they got the right guy to protect somebody else. There is no way of knowing. There is no way of knowing the extent of the consequences associated to her carelessness.

What we do know is that she acted carelessly and jeapordized the integrity of all the information passed through her private servers. I accept that that the justice department does not feel its worthy of trying to put her in jail over, even though that decision looks politically motivated, but shouldnt she face some kind of consequence for her stupidity?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So, as we go back and forth about whether Trump would use Nukes or not, details like this come out....Talk about 'unfit'.....Wow.

What is it about Cons that have no sense of equivalence? The concern is about Trump being reckless and actually using a nuke vs someone being reckless with an email server.

The emails in question have been scoured. There were questionable items going through her system, but nothing that is even remotely comparable to the idea of using nuclear weapons. There may be some judgement issues about Hillary, but they are very minor in comparison to a ignorant, arrogant, thinned skinned narcissist with zero government an zero international diplomatic experience.

I think the idiot is the women who had a private server in her house replete with national security secrets of the highest level
As opposed to the "brilliance" of one posting unsupported idiocy.

Well at least she didnt discuss sensitive stuff using smoke signals. :2razz:

The right's belief trumps reality and the possibility of damage becomes a certainty, especially if linked to Hillary. The hate is almost as bad as ODS standard.

Herein lies the problem with classified imformation. It could of been about somebody else and maybe they killed the wrong guy over it. Maybe we are saying they got the right guy to protect somebody else. There is no way of knowing. There is no way of knowing the extent of the consequences associated to her carelessness.

What we do know is that she acted carelessly and jeapordized the integrity of all the information passed through her private servers. I accept that that the justice department does not feel its worthy of trying to put her in jail over, even though that decision looks politically motivated, but shouldnt she face some kind of consequence for her stupidity?

Part of the problem is that the information was cassified AS "classified" after the fact. Like what happened with Colin Powell and Condy, to name but two.

You can pretend and imagine things all day if you'd like. It won't change reality.

Sorry that upsets you so.

Belief beats reality in con-world. They inhabit their own reality, where what they think, is.

What is it about Cons that have no sense of equivalence? The concern is about Trump being reckless and actually using a nuke vs someone being reckless with an email server.

The emails in question have been scoured. There were questionable items going through her system, but nothing that is even remotely comparable to the idea of using nuclear weapons. There may be some judgement issues about Hillary, but they are very minor in comparison to a ignorant, arrogant, thinned skinned narcissist with zero government an zero international diplomatic experience.
What makes you convinced that trump would use a nuke as anything but a last resort?

I get that people don't like the guy but this hyperbolic rhetotic is way over the top. Its nothing more than an anti trump scare tactic. There is about as much chance of him launching a nuclear attack as there is that obama would launch one.

This was the same nonsense they said about Reagan.

I always love it when a stupid smear thread like this opens, the first several posters are like-minded and chime in with the usual "der-herrrrr, liberals are bad, derp".

And then, of course, the thread gets dismantled. See Post 10.

!. Cotton is an idiot.

2. Maybe you were unaware, but it was...in all the papers at the time.

Surprise!

The only story there that runs counter to the narrative is the March 2010 story by ABC News. All the other stories right up until he was repatriated showed Iran believing he was kidnapped and the US denying any connection to Amiri's disappearance.

My question is, regarding the ABC News story, what the hell was the "[person] briefed by Intelligence officials" doing spilling the information to ABC News?

If nothing else, Clinton's emails would have erased all doubt in the minds of Iranian officials.

The only story there that runs counter to the narrative is the March 2010 story by ABC News. All the other stories right up until he was repatriated showed Iran believing he was kidnapped and the US denying any connection to Amiri's disappearance.

My question is, regarding the ABC News story, what the hell was the "[person] briefed by Intelligence officials" doing spilling the information to ABC News?

If nothing else, Clinton's emails would have erased all doubt in the minds of Iranian officials.
No, those other articles don't run counter, and the emails showed nothing.

You don't know what you're talking about.

All of the people clamoring for Hilliary's indictment reminds me of this lyric from Jesus Christ Superstar. It was chanted at pontius Pilate by a angry mob at the trial of Jesus Christ

We need him crucified.
It's all you have to do.
We need him crucified.
It's all you have to do.

Of course they run counter. The Iranians, even as Amiri appeared in Pakistan, stated that the US had kidnapped him from Saudi Arabia.

In fact, Amiri's own claim, to avoid detention, was that he had escaped a US kidnapping, and he was repatriated to a heroes welcome in Tehran. It was October before the Iranians charged him with treason. So all signs point to the Iranians concluding that he was lying only after his repatriation, and Clinton's emails would have certainly proved that conclusion to be true.

Of course they run counter. The Iranians, even as Amiri appeared in Pakistan, stated that the US had kidnapped him from Saudi Arabia.

In fact, Amiri's own claim, to avoid detention, was that he had escaped a US kidnapping, and he was repatriated to a heroes welcome in Tehran. It was October before the Iranians charged him with treason. So all signs point to the Iranians concluding that he was lying only after his repatriation, and Clinton's emails would have certainly proved that conclusion to be true.

Again, You don't know what you're talking about.

You by chance have a gander at those emails?

[h=2]From hero to traitor[/h]Amiri, who was born in 1977, went missing after taking a pilgrimage to Mecca.
After reappearing in the US in 2010, he said he had been kidnapped and put under "intense psychological pressure to reveal sensitive information".
However US officials at the time said Amiri had defected of his own accord and provided "useful information".
[h=2]Timeline of a disappearance[/h]
  • May or June 2009 - Shahram Amiri disappears after going on pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

• June 2010: emergence of videos apparently recorded in the US where a man alleged to be Amiri says he has been kidnapped and put under pressure to co-operate with the CIA

• 13 July 2010: Amiri reappears in Washington DC at the Iranian interests section of Pakistan's embassy, seeking to return to Iran.

• 15 July 2010: Amiri resurfaces in Iran where he is welcomed by officials and family members.

• May 2011: Amiri is arrested and reportedly tried for treason.

• August 2016: Amiri's family announces he has been executed, apparently by hanging.
He initially returned to Tehran to a hero's welcome, but was later arrested and tried for treason.

Iranian nuclear scientist Shahram Amiri executed for treason - BBC News

I trust Tom Cotton as much as I trust Donald Trump. Which is to say, not the least bit.

All of the people clamoring for Hilliary's indictment reminds me of this lyric from Jesus Christ Superstar. It was chanted at pontius Pilate by a angry mob at the trial of Jesus Christ

Yup. Hillary is an intelligent, experienced, and yes, trustworthy candidate, but don't confuse her haters with those truths.

Yup. Hillary is an intelligent, experienced, and yes, trustworthy candidate, but don't confuse her haters with those truths.

Hahahaha! !! So Hillary's trustworthiness is one of those universal axiomatic truths.

Hillary receives 4 pinocchios
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/category/4-pinocchios/

So much for reality having a Liberal bias.

You know, I've always said that the difference between Conservatives and Liberals is Conservatives use truth to shape their ideology

Liberals use their ideology to shape the truth and calling Hillary trustworthy is a great example of just that

Again, You don't know what you're talking about.

You by chance have a gander at those emails?

Yes, I did. How many people do you think turned up in the Pakistani Embassy demanding a flight to Tehran in July 2010?

By the CNN article posted to Hillary in the Sept. email, as late as July the Iranian's were trying to secure the return of their "kidnapped" citizen in return for US hostages.

The Iranians, familiar with the facts surrounding Amiri's return in July 2010 would easily be able to distinguish who was being discussed in those emails.

For example: When State officals discuss "our friend" going to his country's "interest section" in a foreign embassy (hint, you only do that when your country doesn't have its own embassy in Washington DC.. like Iran) to facilitate departure from the US to his homeland, and Iran knows that Amiri had appeared in Pakistan's "Iranian Interests" section of the Pakistani Embassy seeking repatriation to Iran, it doesn't take a genius to decode that email.

In fact, the list of countries without an Embassy: Bhutan, Cuba, North Korea, Iran and Taiwan.

So "our friend" could have only originated in one of those 5 countries, so it wouldn't be difficult for any person with half a brain to deduce who that email was discussing given that it explicitly describes the conditions of Amiri's repatriation.

By the way, here in the classified regions of the US Government you are specifically instructed not to "talk around" classified information the way Hillary and her staff were doing specifically because any series of seemingly safe information can be used by foreign intelligence to piece together classified information, as I have already shown.

Back
Top Bottom