• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts

Point to where in this thread I have said that. Otherwese kindly read what I said instead of what you wanted me to say.

Go back and read your own work.

This is how diplomacy works ladies and gents.

It's just right wingers ****ting the bed again whenever possible.

These trips do have value to the USA.

Fact of the matter is, Africa is the next potential powerhouse for massive growth, you can either be a part of it and benefit from that growth by opening African Markets to American Companies and goods.

Or you can continue to drown in your own ignorance by pretending the rest of the world doesn't matter.

Africa a power house of growth?...lol!

Be sure and wake me up when that happens.

Yet again, point to where I defended
Obama you hack. Did you complaing when YOUR politicians did this?

You targeted the Right Wing for expressing their opinion on something you agree with ?

What the hell is wrong with you ?

Africa a power house of growth?...lol!

Be sure and wake me up when that happens.

IMF: Africa's economic growth surging south of the Sahara | Global development | guardian.co.uk

Sub-Saharan Africa Economic Growth To Outpace Global Average, Must Tackle Poverty: World Bank

BBC News - World Bank: Africa's economic growth to outpace average

Economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa should significantly outpace the global average over the next three years, according to the World Bank.

Higher commodities, increasing investment and a general pick-up in the world economy should all boost the continent's growth to more than 5%.

But the World Bank added that African governments had to do more to ensure that this growth reduced poverty.

Global GDP was forecast to grow by an average of 2.4% this year.

Foreign direct investment is forecast to reach record levels in the coming years, hitting $54bn (£35.3bn)a year by 2015, the Bank said.

The report said strong economic growth in Africa had significantly reduced the extent of poverty in Africa over the past decade or so.

The Bank's provisional figures showed that the proportion of Africans living on less than $1.25 a day fell from 58% to 48.5% between 1996 and 2010.

"If properly harnessed to unleash their full potential, these trends hold the promise of more growth, much less poverty, and accelerating shared prosperity for African countries in the foreseeable future," said World Bank economist, Punam Chuhan-Pole.

Ghana Oil Boom Raises Piracy Specter

Africa is beginning to turn around.

Your ignorance on almost every subject you talk about apdst, is not my concern.

Educate yourself or just don't post.

Maybe this is the best issue to use to impeach him?

LOL.

Go back and read your own work.

I have, several times I criticized what Obama is doing. Again, your hackery gets in the way of the truth.

Again, care to point where exactly I was defending? Oh that's right, you can't.

You targeted the Right Wing for expressing their opinion on something you agree with ?

What the hell is wrong with you ?

LOL I criticizned the fact, the right acts like it is ONLY Obama. I also criticized Obama. Your hackery, like APDT hackery, is getting in the way of the truth for you.

Maybe you should read the thread instead of typing what you WANT someone to say.

Here is the real issue Obama lovers want to ignore. Obama put orders out to make sequester hurt so now we all contend with filthy restrooms at national parks as Obama heads off on safari with the wife and kids. He tries to ruin our vacations as he spends our money lavishly on his family.

"The White House announced Tuesday that it is canceling tours of the president’s home for the foreseeable future as the sequester spending cuts begin to bite and the administration makes good on its warnings of painful decisions.

Announcement of the decision — made in an email from the White House Visitors Office — came hours after The Washington Times reported on another administration email that seemed to show at least one agency has been instructed to make sure the cuts are as painful as President Obama promised they would be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the internal email, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service official Charles Brown said he asked if he could try to spread out the sequester cuts in his region to minimize the impact, and he said he was told not to do anything that would lessen the dire impacts Congress had been warned of.

“We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be,” Mr. Brown, in the internal email, said his superiors told him.

Read more: Email tells feds to make sequester as painful as promised - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

How am I deflecting when I agree with the criticism? :lamo

Sorry, my comment still stands, you and other righties make excuses for YOUR politicians.

Your whole point was to not focus on Obama because you claimed some other people were worse while providing no solid numbers. You attempted to draw the discussion away from the subject.. in other words: You were deflecting.

The " Good Fight " is taking up for the excesses of the Obama family ?

When Millions of Americans have been added to Govt programs ?

Y

The good fight is trying to show some of these people the ridiculousness of their positions, when viewed in historical context.
LOL I criticizned the fact, the right acts like it is ONLY Obama. I also criticized Obama. Your hackery, like APDT hackery, is getting in the way of the truth for you.

Maybe you should read the thread instead of typing what you WANT someone to say.
It never ceases to amaze me how much some people on the right live in their own world, and how easily confused they are when it comes to simple words and arguments. They are so intent on seeing the boogeyman behind every corner, they'll literally make up one just to have something to be scared of. It would actually make a heck of a psychology/sociology experiment.

IMF: Africa's economic growth surging south of the Sahara | Global development | guardian.co.uk

Sub-Saharan Africa Economic Growth To Outpace Global Average, Must Tackle Poverty: World Bank

BBC News - World Bank: Africa's economic growth to outpace average

Ghana Oil Boom Raises Piracy Specter

Africa is beginning to turn around.

Your ignorance on almost every subject you talk about apdst, is not my concern.

Educate yourself or just don't post.

LOL. !!

It reads " should " turn around in the next three years. How ridiculous.

Africa is one of the most richest Countries in terms of Natual Resources in the world and they havnt been able to capitalize on it.

Maybe it has something to do with all of their tin pot dictators and wars.

Has that changed ? No, so stop with your nonsense.

LOL. !!

Africa is one of the most richest Countries in terms of Natual Resources in the world and they havnt been able to capitalize on it.

There they go calling Africa a country again! And btw, didn't you mean to say that they are one of the most richerest countries? Or one of the least richerest?

Strong tea should be hung from a hat and not used for drinking.

The actual intent behind Senator Obama's misstatement is easy to discern without the need to invoke an obscure international organization. He was trying to express the thought that in all the time he had spent on the campaign trail so far in 2007-08, he had visited all (48) of the states in the continental U.S. save for one (i.e., "one left to go," excluding Alaska and Hawaii), but in his weariness he slipped up and started off with "fifty" instead of "forty." (Note the long pause in the video clip between the words "fifty" and "seven.
snopes.com: Barack Obama and 57 States

But hey, don't let common sense get in the way of your ridiculous hate fest.

Oh god! President and his family are visiting nations! And it costs money!!! Where was the outrage with the last past 43 presidents? :roll:

LOL. !!

Africa is coming out of colonialism. Tin pot dictators and wars are what Europe left them with. It's one more instance of Europeans stealing, pillaging, raping and then pretending they left in good faith.

ya gotta be alert to remember how many states there are
He likely did not forget how many states, but the fact he said fifty instead of forty. What's it like to hold such hatred for someone?

snopes.com: Barack Obama and 57 States

But hey, don't let common sense get in the way of your ridiculous hate fest.

If common sense mattered enough, Obama would have no supporters. As it is, he was elected by parasites and fools. His supporters here are of that ilk. I never thought that I would see such moocher idiocy among such a large segment of Americans. But "we have met the enemy and (finally) he is us". Pogo 1971.

pogo-we-have-met-the-enemy.jpg

Obama takes his family on a very expensive vacation as he shuts down white house tours and tries to make sequester hurt. :roll:

"President Obama’s trip this month to Africa, with the first family tagging along, is projected to cost taxpayers as much as $100 million, sparking criticism as the federal government scrimps along during sequester-related budget cuts.
Among the related costs will be fighter jets; hundreds of Secret Service agents; a Navy ship with a full trauma center; and military cargo planes to bring 56 vehicles including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bullet*proof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. The details were reported by The Washington Post, based on a confidential planning document.

Read more: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts | Fox News

Presidents should be subject to a budget for personal use (including security)...

Obama thinks he can spend as much taxpayer money as he wants (as most democrats in office do) without scrutiny.

Obama takes his family on a very expensive vacation as he shuts down white house tours and tries to make sequester hurt. :roll:

"President Obama’s trip this month to Africa, with the first family tagging along, is projected to cost taxpayers as much as $100 million, sparking criticism as the federal government scrimps along during sequester-related budget cuts.
Among the related costs will be fighter jets; hundreds of Secret Service agents; a Navy ship with a full trauma center; and military cargo planes to bring 56 vehicles including 14 limousines and three trucks loaded with sheets of bullet*proof glass to cover the windows of the hotels where the first family will stay. The details were reported by The Washington Post, based on a confidential planning document.

Read more: Costly Obama family trip to Africa under fire amid sequester cuts | Fox News

uhhh ooohhhh ... OHHHHHHHHH

I smell another "gate". Get Darrell Issa on the phone. Time for another investigation.

These people vacation as though they've never been anywhere in their lives, and now money is no object.

I just smell a huge waste of tax payer dollars and a stinky ass hypocrite.

A stinky ass hypocrite eh? Well a "stinky ass hypocrite" would more likely be someone who only seems to bitch about whitehouse spending when their party isn't writing the checks. Because to not be a "stinky ass hypocrite" one would have taken the time to do a quick googling of simple facts like how Michele Bachmann whined about how the Obama's costed the taxpayer $1.4 billion in a year when Bush costed the taxpayer $1.6 billion.

"stinky ass hypocrites" tend to where these time colored glasses that come with their own noseplugs so they don't see or apparently smell their own stinky assed hypocriticalness.

Back
Top Bottom