• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cortez wants to turn United States into another Sweden

And another anti AOC thread. Never has a freshman congressman elicited such fear. LOL!

And another anti AOC thread. Never has a freshman congressman elicited such fear. LOL!

Fear? No. Just amusing to watch a freshman know-nothing who hasn’t yet realized that Washington is where dreams go to die.

I doubt that Alexandria could even find Sweden on a map.

Hopefully, some older and wiser members of the House will tell her to sit down and keep her mouth shut for at least her first term.

Is this a case where the OP is projecting?

Sweden has a done a good job on reforming entitlements. The U.S could do a lot worse in modeling after Sweden.

Sweden is not all white, having a large number of people with Asian backgrounds, plus a smaller group of those with an African background.

And as her comments state, she is talking economically, not demographically. Why is it when there is so much that could be argued against her plan(which is not a good plan), you still have to make **** up?

Ah, an optimist.

A realist. Imagining you’re going to have single payer, universal basic income, “free” college, guaranteed federal employment, and retrofit every building in America in a transition to 100% renewable energy all within 10 years is a special kind of optimism.

Last edited:
Agreed with others, it has been awhile since we've seen someone new in Congress generate such conversation.

Sweden is not all white, having a large number of people with Asian backgrounds, plus a smaller group of those with an African background.

And as her comments state, she is talking economically, not demographically. Why is it when there is so much that could be argued against her plan(which is not a good plan), you still have to make **** up?

Sweden is over 90% white. Does Cortez want The United States to be 90%+ white?

I doubt that Alexandria could even find Sweden on a map.

Hopefully, some older and wiser members of the House will tell her to sit down and keep her mouth shut for at least her first term.

I doubt most Americans could find Sweden on a map.

AOC will be dialed back once she obstructs Pelosi on an issue.

Agreed with others, it has been awhile since we've seen someone new in Congress generate such conversation.

It's been a while since an all out communist has been in Congress.

It's been a while since an all out communist has been in Congress.

When did she say she wanted to move the nation to Communism?

A realist. Imagining you’re going to have single payer, universal basic income, “free” college, guaranteed federal employment, and retrofit every building in America in a transition to 100% renewable energy all within 10 years is a special kind of optimism.

Got to start somewhere. I like the idea of single payer, renewables on as many buildings as possible. 10 years, probably not. My solar panels are performing well. Less demand in peak summer which helps the electric company and saves me some cash and gives me a hedge for future rate hikes. Improvement even if its not perfection.

It takes a special kind of stupid to think that 1) it's realistic and 2) that it's the government's job to do it.

Her platform is communist.

Spoken by someone who barely manages to post coherently, who is under the illusion he even understands what communism is.....:roll::2rofll:

Back
Top Bottom