• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cortez says 'no question' Trump is racist

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
When asked by presenter Anderson Cooper whether Mr Trump "is a racist", the 29-year-old left-wing Democratic lawmaker responded: "Yeah, yeah no question."

"When you look at the words that he uses, which are historic dog whistles of white supremacy, when you look at how he reacted to the Charlottesville incident, where neo-Nazis murdered a woman, versus how he manufactures crises like immigrants seeking legal refuge on our borders, it's night and day."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46785146

This was a bit surprising to me. Trump is from New York. He has many black friends. He has hired many people that are non-white. Many of his policies have greatly uplifted minority communities - Black unemployement down. Criminal reform done.

Dennis Rodman wouldn’t have a thing to do with him if he was even slightly racist.

Whats next, taking issue with the fact that the sun comes up in the east and sets in the west?

Another AOC thread.

Hah.

But my 2 cents on this are that, I really don’t know if Trumps heart, or what’s left of it, that’s he is an in and out racist, he doesn’t strike me as one most of the time.

However, make no mistake, he absolutely and unrepentantly meant to appeal to racists during the campaign, the darkest sides od American populism, he didn’t use a dog whistle, he used a megaphone to broadcast it.

This was a bit surprising to me. Trump is from New York. He has many black friends. He has hired many people that are non-white. Many of his policies have greatly uplifted minority communities - Black unemployement down. Criminal reform done.

Slave owners hired people who weren't white to scrub their toilets and change their sheets and care for their lawns. Obviously they were not racists.

Slave owners hired people who weren't white to scrub their toilets and change their sheets and care for their lawns. Obviously they were not racists.

Being a slave owner in itself is not being racist.

You mean the black slave owners hired non whites?

Really? Denying the humanity of a person and treating them like property because of their race is not racist????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that might be the most astounding thing ever written on this site.

Care to offer a single one and some proof?

Unemployment low, check, no need to spout on and on about that, we know, but please, elaborate on all the specific policies aimed at uplifting "his African Americans" (Oh and letting unhinged Kanye have a bipolar episode on live TV does not count.)?

Please back this with credible sources too? IDC about bias so much as accuracy...

Funny to see all the old angry white men afraid of her...You go Girl!
Dislike of her political positions is not fear.
What you posted is dishonest spin, but I expect no less from someone who leans as far left as she does.

Cortez has you so worked up that you are now posting blatantly idiotic comments. More so than usual.

By the way, please do post the list of all of Trump's "black friends". Not his Hollywood friends. I mean his real black friends. I didn't know you were so intimate with the Trumps that you even know who his personal friends are.

Funny to see all the old angry white men afraid of her...You go Girl!

I did , I mean he was right about being misquoted. Can't have such angry fearful fragile ego white males losing it unnecesarily now can we?

What you posted is dishonest spin, but I expect no less from someone who leans as far left as she does.

Oh it's fear, you're figuratively pissing yourselves. Your ego is just too fragile to admit it, even to yourself, that's what makes it so hilarious.....:2rofll:

I know, that damn sciency stuff again! Doh!:roll:

Really? Denying the humanity of a person and treating them like property because of their race is not racist????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that might be the most astounding thing ever written on this site.

I think you have to consider the fact, not all slavery was forced, many slaves were slaves voluntarily. They were provided food, shelter, and a way of life in a structured environment. Again, at the time this happened and given the environment. If you look at what I said from the lense of today it is completely absurd however I am saying thing through the lense of someone living in the 1700s. The construct of race and racism was completely different back then.

Also, many slave owners were black.

Nah, your "kind" looks scared, angry.....Of a Freshman Congress Woman...Great to see

I think you have to consider the fact, not all slavery was forced, many slaves were slaves voluntarily. They were provided food, shelter, and a way of life in a structured environment. Again, at the time this happened and given the environment. If you look at what I said from the lense of today it is completely absurd however I am saying thing through the lense of someone living in the 1700s.

Also, many slave owners were black.

Sure, go with that......LOL

Yes Trump is an idiot, why do you suppoirt that
Didn't say that either. Zero for two.

But thank you for correcting your misquote.

Wrong as usual.

She will continue to speak out.....No doubt all these angry ass old white men will get angry...But she represents the Future...The old men?.....................The past

Back
Top Bottom