• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Corruption Not Caused by Character Flaws, But By Institutional Structure

KCConservative said:
Dana likes to make it personal and ugly. Sometimes it's necessary to reel him in and remind him that it's just a discussion.

I have been so guilty of that lately...but I can attribute it to the fact that when my morphine wears off, I get cranky. :rofl

KCConservative said:
Dana likes to make it personal and ugly. Sometimes it's necessary to reel him in and remind him that it's just a discussion.
To you, the only reason its ugly is because I am bashing Bush these days. Back in the days Clinton was in office, and he was the one I was bashing, just about everybody on your side loved me. :)

Last edited:
danarhea said:
To you, its only ugly that it is Bush I am bashing these days.
Nope. You go right ahead and bash. That's what the forum is for, in part. Just expect it in return. I will try never to make it personal.

Originally posted by KCConservative
I will try never to make it personal.
How do you define "try"?

Billo_Really said:
How do you define "try"?
You don't know the meaning of the word 'try'? :confused:
I told him that I will try and not make it personal. You should try it.

Originally posted by KCConservative
You don't know the meaning of the word 'try'?
I told him that I will try and not make it personal. You should try it.
You have already failed by attacking my notion of "effort".

KCConservative said:
Nope. You go right ahead and bash. That's what the forum is for, in part. Just expect it in return. I will try never to make it personal.

Ummm. You kind of left this part of my quote off:

"Back in the days Clinton was in office, and he was the one I was bashing, just about everybody on your side loved me. :)"

Now why would you take that out. Feeling guilty? LOL.

danarhea said:
Ummm. You kind of left this part of my quote off:

"Back in the days Clinton was in office, and he was the one I was bashing, just about everybody on your side loved me. :)"

Now why would you take that out. Feeling guilty? LOL.
Nope. I bashed him too. Come on, dana, either feel the love or move along.

KCConservative said:
Nope. I bashed him too. Come on, dana, either feel the love or move along.
Bingo. You just proven a point that I have been making for years. That is, while people on your side bashed the crap out of Clinton, when it comes to Bush, then all of a sudden you guys take the position that it is unAmerican and wrong to bash the president. Your own response just proved that very hypocrisy which is rampant on your side.

Now, to be fair, I am sure that many Democrats are the same way, but at this time, the president which your side defends is a Republican. Should the Democrats win in 2008, I will most likely be bashing their president, but I disagree with corrupt, incompetent, and immoral leaders, no matter if they are Democratic or Republican. However, your side will be bashing him after telling people how unAmerican they were because they didnt support a Republican president. That is the nature of the hypocrisy of your side. Again, to be fair, that is probably the nature of the Democratic ideologues too. There are dishonest dittoheads on both sides of the fence.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
Bingo. You just proven a point that I have been making for years. That is, while people on your side bashed the crap out of Clinton, when it comes to Bush, then all of a sudden you guys take the position that it is unAmerican and wrong to bash the president. Your own response just proved that very hypocrisy which is rampant on your side.
You have never heard me say that bashing Bush is unAmerican or wrong. I defend to the death anyone's right to say those things. I also have the same right to bash the basher. ;)

KCConservative said:
You have never heard me say that bashing Bush is unAmerican or wrong. I defend to the death anyone's right to say those things. I also have the same right to bash the basher. ;)

Fair enough, but let me make 2 points:

1) I was referring not to you specifically, but Bush supporters in general.

2) Bashing the basher is acceptable, as long as the one doing the bashing is addressing the facts, and not personally attacking. On this, you have been doing good recently. Congratulations, and I thank you. As long as you are doing what you are doing in this thread, you will never have a beef from me.

Back
Top Bottom