• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Correlation between tattoos and IQ

Does getting a tattoo rasie or lower people perception of your IQ?

• Total voters
Some of the smartest people are know look like nutcases - tattoos in all the wrong places.
Some of the dumbest people I know fit the bill of 'June Cleaver' - without the brain.
And then I met my husband and he's slowly working on full sleeves - with skulls, blood and some of the most questionable artwork.

:shrug:

I stopped judging a long time ago. . . I have one on my back which is rarely seen and my parent's don't even know about it. :)

IQ, though, I believe is irrelevant and meaningless. Just another attempt to classify people according to a crafted test.

Last edited:
SPeaking of wrong places, reminds me of an old joke...

Old nurse comes back to the nurses station and says, that man in room 5 has the word SWAN tattooed on his penis. Young nurse says I gotta see this. She leaves, comes back an hour later, says it isn't SWAN, its SASKATCHEWAN....

Tramp stamp = dumb milf trying to turn back the clock on her marriage.

In 40 years, the nursing home caretakers changing her diapers are just going to shake their heads, "What was she thinking?".

:rofl
Hilarious - that's a good one, Utah!
I could make that much more inappropriate but I won't go there. That'd be TMI

What wrong with a tramp-stamp? :shrug: It's on the lower back - gets seen probably more than mine (which is between my shoulder blades)

see post 44, tell me that guy has a job that involves dealing with the public, circus freak shows excepted....

and if he were actually representative of the overwhelming majority of people with tats, you might have something. He's certainly a freekazoid, but choosing the very most extreme to try to prove a point is an insult to those who do not fit the description and do not want to be tarred by it.

and if he were actually representative of the overwhelming majority of people with tats, you might have something. He's certainly a freekazoid, but choosing the very most extreme to try to prove a point is an insult to those who do not fit the description and do not want to be tarred by it.
Hey, I am not the one posting the pics.....I just took advantage of it. Here is a question for you who have teens in the house. If a young man showed up at your doorstep wanting to date your daughter, and the ONLY visible tat he has is F*U*C*K on his knuckles, are you going to be happy about her choice of young men?

Hey, I am not the one posting the pics.....I just took advantage of it. Here is a question for you who have teens in the house. If a young man showed up at your doorstep wanting to date your daughter, and the ONLY visible tat he has is F*U*C*K on his knuckles, are you going to be happy about her choice of young men?

nope. 12345

:rofl
Hilarious - that's a good one, Utah!
I could make that much more inappropriate but I won't go there. That'd be TMI

What wrong with a tramp-stamp? :shrug: It's on the lower back - gets seen probably more than mine (which is between my shoulder blades)

Have you seen the "children's movie" CARS? The female character, a Porsche, has one. I think most kids don't catch that scene, where she acts a little embarrased about it...

Heavens, no.

But if my son introduced me to his date with a butterfly on her ankle, I wouldn't thnk twice about it.

When I meet somebody my age who has no tattoos, I'm mildly curious about how they managed to be a teen and a 20-something in the 1990s and emerged completely un-inked.

That'd be me. 33 with no tattoos or piercings.

I figure they have an interesting story to tell- very different than mine, and therefore of interest to me.

If I'm going to be unique, it's going to be because of an intrinsic quality of mine, not some prop that I bought.

I generally let my personality set me apart from the pack. Its worked pretty well so far.

nope. 12345

In 1985, a few months after we moved to Arizona, a kid from my 14 year old daughter's school showed up on our doorstep, asking if she was home. No shirt, just pants and flip flops, a self inflicted tattoo on his arm, AND SMOKING.
I told him "she doens't date until she is 16, and when that time comes, she should be able to better than you".
Never saw him again...
That kid may have eventually turned out really good, I don't know, but a good father doesn't take chances on who helps make the grandchildren...

In 1985, a few months after we moved to Arizona, a kid from my 14 year old daughter's school showed up on our doorstep, asking if she was home. No shirt, just pants and flip flops, a self inflicted tattoo on his arm, AND SMOKING.
I told him "she doens't date until she is 16, and when that time comes, she should be able to better than you".
Never saw him again...
That kid may have eventually turned out really good, I don't know, but a good father doesn't take chances on who helps make the grandchildren...

lol......good story. clearly the boy was a fews beers short of a six pack.

It works both ways.
The tattooed and the snob soon create "animosities inc".
We most be tolerant, understanding, as difficult as this may be..
We = everyone.
And we are too insulated from each other.

Never saw him again...

Sans the self inflicted tattoo Im betting your description could apply to probably 70% of the guys here at age 14 (and a few of the girls!). :)

Sans the self inflicted tattoo Im betting your description could apply to probably 70% of the guys here at age 14 (and a few of the girls!). :)

Never have I had a girl show up on my doorstep shirtless....:2razz:

Never have I had a girl show up on my doorstep shirtless....:2razz:

Well...Im guessing at least a FEW here...we'll just see how many of the ladies here are honest in their response! And its not too late, Bill...dare to dream! ;)

IMO, visible tats (especially after they get old), body piercing, purple spiked mohawk haircut, saggy pants, etc. are all signs of an some kind of complex, perhaps a need for attention, or maybe even an ego booster. These people are saying "look at me", and we do look, and wonder what kind of job you can have with all that stuff making you look stupid...
I guess that kind of attention is easier than actually doing something with your life that would allow for admiration....

And I don't think getting a tattoo lowers your IQ, it just advertises to the rest of the world that your IQ is already sub par...

I've never seen a tatoo that I found attractive. The ones on the legs always make me wonder "why". Hair, makeup, nailpolish are temporary, and usually make a person look better. I don't see that with tatoos. They don't make a person look better, even the permanent eyeliner is too dark usually. Now some of the hair colorings that are oviously unnatural looking don't make people look better, but a natural shade usually enhances ones appearance, which is a good thing to me. Being easier to look at can't be a bad thing.

Tatoos are just ways of mimicking what other people are doing. When it's in it's in, and when it's out it's OUT.

But.....if you like it, and it makes you feel better, happier, whatever, it's a good thing for you.

I've never seen a tatoo that I found attractive. The ones on the legs always make me wonder "why". Hair, makeup, nailpolish are temporary, and usually make a person look better. I don't see that with tatoos. They don't make a person look better, even the permanent eyeliner is too dark usually. Now some of the hair colorings that are oviously unnatural looking don't make people look better, but a natural shade usually enhances ones appearance, which is a good thing to me. Being easier to look at can't be a bad thing.

Tatoos are just ways of mimicking what other people are doing. When it's in it's in, and when it's out it's OUT.

But.....if you like it, and it makes you feel better, happier, whatever, it's a good thing for you.

tattoos are tattoos........who cares? i wouldn't make a value judgement because a person has tattoos.

tattoos are tattoos........who cares? i wouldn't make a value judgement because a person has tattoos.

I think it says far more about the commenter than the tattee...

I have 7 grandchildren, the oldest among them already know that following certain crowds will get them booted from the small crowd that stands to inherit about $100K each.....
How mean is that?

I think it says far more about the commenter than the tattee...

Well, I dunno... 35 of the US presidents - including Bush - had tattoos. Maybe the whole low IQ thing is actually true. :lol:

I have a tattoo.. it is latin and accross my back on my shoulders.. Decarte "de omnibus dubitandum"

Back
Top Bottom