• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Corporatism

No comments? Is this thread radioactive?

Valis said:
No comments? Is this thread radioactive?

The definitions are too vague and muddled.

Suppose you tell us the difference between Corporatism, Capitalism and Neoliberalism.

Suppose you tell us the difference between Corporatism, Capitalism and Neoliberalism.

I'm not sure what the differences are, which is why I posted it.

Valis said:
I'm not sure what the differences are, which is why I posted it.

I've never heard the word "corporatism," but I would assume it means something along the lines of crony capitalism and/or corporate welfare?

As for the difference between capitalism and neoliberalism: Capitalism is simply the big idea of modern economics, that individuals rather than society should be able to earn and spend their money as they please as long as they hurt no one else.

Neoliberalism is simply one school of thought within the larger idea of capitalism. A neoliberal and neoconservative both favor free-market globalization, but the neoliberal is against the bomb-the-crap-out-of-everyone-else ideology of the neoconservative. A neoliberal generally favors some government regulation of the economy...but only where he believes it will benefit the economy, most frequently in public education and (moderate) environmentalism. Most neoliberals disdain government regulation simply for the sake of fighting poverty or promoting one set of social values.

Back
Top Bottom