• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus vaccine delivery by Nov. 1

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I would've bet anything that Trump would have one of the 30 vaccines being tested pushed thru by Nov 3rd. With this COVID cure being available and his stance on the violence in the protests, he might win again?

‘Urgent’ request sent to states in push for coronavirus vaccine delivery by Nov. 1

Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sent a letter last week to the nation's governors with an urgent request. The Trump administration wanted them to do everything in their power to eliminate hurdles for vaccine distribution sites to be fully operational by Nov. 1.

The Aug. 27 letter, obtained by McClatchy, asked governors to fast-track permits and licenses for new distribution sites. "The normal time required to obtain these permits presents a significant barrier to the success of this urgent public health program," Redfield wrote.

"CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities," he continued, "and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020."

I would've bet anything that Trump would have one of the 30 vaccines being tested pushed thru by Nov 3rd. With this COVID cure being available and his stance on the violence in the protests, he might win again?

‘Urgent’ request sent to states in push for coronavirus vaccine delivery by Nov. 1

Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sent a letter last week to the nation's governors with an urgent request. The Trump administration wanted them to do everything in their power to eliminate hurdles for vaccine distribution sites to be fully operational by Nov. 1.

The Aug. 27 letter, obtained by McClatchy, asked governors to fast-track permits and licenses for new distribution sites. "The normal time required to obtain these permits presents a significant barrier to the success of this urgent public health program," Redfield wrote.

"CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities," he continued, "and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020."

Oh FFS.

Any vaccine that is pushed to be released before Election Day should be questioned outright.

It will just be a political gimmick to get votes. Not to be trusted. A normal vaccine roll-out is bad enough but this is the result of cutting a lot of corners in a rush to beat aa date.

Last edited:

I'm sure it's a stretch goal. Seems unlikely though. And even if a working vaccine was delivered by November first, it would be a 'Hail Mary' at best politically speaking. I doubt it will change many votes.

Still, no harm in making sure the states are ready earlier rather than later.

I'm sure it's a stretch goal. Seems unlikely though. And even if a working vaccine was delivered by November first, it would be a 'Hail Mary' at best politically speaking. I doubt it will change many votes.

Still, no harm in making sure the states are ready earlier rather than later.

As I posted before, due mainly to funding cuts, the states are not prepared for a nationwide launch.

That SOB will try to get the vaccine named after him...just watch.

That SOB will try to get the vaccine named after him...just watch.

Trump is going to do precisely what the Russians did with their Sputnik 5 COVID vaccine and rush it out before all clinical trials are completed and analyized.

If that's the case, I'll wait until I'm convinced of the safety and the efficacy of the vaccine

Trump is going to do precisely what the Russians did with their Sputnik 5 COVID vaccine and rush it out before all clinical trials are completed and analyized.

If that's the case, I'll wait until I'm convinced of the safety and the efficacy of the vaccine

If trump wants to proove its effectiveness, do it on himself and his family first

Here we go...part 1 of October Surprise on its way.

Will enough people fall for it?

Here we go...part 1 of October Surprise on its way.

Will enough people fall for it?

This is just clearing the way for fast vaccine distribution. It's not the actual approval of an available vaccine.

This is just clearing the way for fast vaccine distribution. It's not the actual approval of an available vaccine.

It’s the announcement factor, like the announcement of an investigation into Biden by Ukraine.

It’s just another scam, of course.

No one cares. Non-Trump voters won’t trust this admin, rightly so, and most Trump voters either think covid is a hoax, vaccines are a mark of the beat...actually, those are the two biggest factors driving the “science” portion of right wing thinking.

So, yay, we get it. Miracle vaccine juuuuust prior to the election. Our hero. Woohoo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This sounds like his replacement for Obamacare that came out last month.

Congratulations everybody!

As I posted before, due mainly to funding cuts, the states are not prepared for a nationwide launch.

Any launch before the trials are complete would be strictly for HC providers and other high risk groups. That will only happen if there is an overwhelmingly successful vaccine candidate according to Fauci.

There will be no vaccine and only the foolish will believe it or take whatever placebo they sell as the vaccine. Sorry but no one but the foolish buys this crap.

Good time to increase the funding then.

Debate rages over whether FDA should use emergency powers to clear a coronavirus vaccine early

WASHINGTON - A fierce debate has erupted over whether the Food and Drug Administration should use its emergency authority to clear a coronavirus vaccine before it is formally approved - a move opponents warn could pose safety dangers and inflame anti-vaccination sentiment but others say could save thousands of lives by speeding protection from the virus.

With concerns growing about the politicization of the FDA amid a botched White House rollout of the agency's emergency authorization of convalescent plasma and sharply criticized comments by FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn, some scientists and bioethicists are demanding the agency forgo use of its emergency authority for a vaccine. They worry its very flexibility, which gives FDA officials broad latitude, could it make it easier for the White House to pressure the agency into clearing an unproven vaccine before Election Day, Nov. 3.

November 1 = 2 days before election. Will not be a proven vaccine even if available then. This shows the panic that Trump is feeling where he is pulling all stops to try to win the election, even if the vaccine is not proven and by itself kills more people.

Bottom line is that as of today 190,000 people have died in the U.S. due to the virus and an average of 950 are dying every day. At election day, there could be close to a quarter of a million deaths (250,000). We have more deaths that India (190,000 versus India at 68,000)> They have 4 times more population than we do but 1/3 the amount of deaths. That means we are 7 times worse than they are. Brazil, which has been confirmed as the worst nation in the world in handling the virus has 2/3 the population (210 million vs us at 330 million) and yet they have less deaths per population than we do (124,000 vs us at 190,000).

There is nothing that can be said in defense of Trump. His handling of the virus is as bad as it can be. It can be said, it is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom