• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus update: New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 days

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 straight days, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced on Sunday, marking a turning point for the state that once was the epicenter of the novel coronavirus.

Cuomo encouraged New Yorkers to continue mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing.

“Our actions today determine the rate of infection tomorrow, so as the Labor Day weekend continues, I urge everyone to be smart so we don’t see a spike in the weeks ahead,” he said in a statement.

New York once reported startling numbers of new infections and deaths at the outset of the virus in which it reported more than 11,500 new cases in a single day in May and more than 1,200 deaths in a day in April, according to Washington Post data.

As of Sunday, New York reported 720 new infections, four deaths and 410 hospitalizations — another low since mid-March — related to the virus.
===================================================================
Cuomo should serve as a model for other states but the Repubs would never go along with that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 straight days, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced on Sunday, marking a turning point for the state that once was the epicenter of the novel coronavirus.

Cuomo encouraged New Yorkers to continue mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing.

“Our actions today determine the rate of infection tomorrow, so as the Labor Day weekend continues, I urge everyone to be smart so we don’t see a spike in the weeks ahead,” he said in a statement.

New York once reported startling numbers of new infections and deaths at the outset of the virus in which it reported more than 11,500 new cases in a single day in May and more than 1,200 deaths in a day in April, according to Washington Post data.

As of Sunday, New York reported 720 new infections, four deaths and 410 hospitalizations — another low since mid-March — related to the virus.
Cuomo should serve as a model for other states but the Repubs would never go along with that.

I'm sure president Trump will offer his congratulations. /s :lol:

Trump has hired that radiologist Dr. Atlas who is all for herd immunity even if it means overwhelming our health care system & killing millions of innocent Americans.

Cuomo's herd immunity strategy seems to have paid off regarding how they are doing now with the virus. He did kill a ton of people along the way.

Trump has hired that radiologist Dr. Atlas who is all for herd immunity even if it means overwhelming our health care system & killing millions of innocent Americans.

Dr. Atlas says he's not for herd immunity. His original comments were taken out of context.

You remind me of the stupid Trump hoaxers who believe every nutty story they read.

Meanwhile South Dakota is now experiencing a 22% infection rate.... yeeehaw are we winning now......

Why would congratulations be in order because the virus has killed all its gonna kill in New York? Should he call COVID?

Meanwhile South Dakota is now experiencing a 22% infection rate.... yeeehaw are we winning now......

Meanwhile in Sweden............

Meanwhile in Sweden............
Is not doing as well as some claim.
Dude, when are you gonna wake up and smell the coffee? This is a deadly virus, do the adult thing and the sooner more of you deniers do, the sooner we get back to normal. Do you really think Anyone Really does not want to get back to Life as we once knew it, forget the political BS, No One Wants This.
Listen to experience, one day you will tone it down and start Thinking, there is a saying:
Young Men Think Old Men Are Fools, Old Men Know Young Men Are.
You claim to be a thinking person, but say it and doing it are different things, try looking at the world from the other side while ignoring your own opinion, think you might just start changing your POV, heck you might become and Independent.
Now, go grill something good to eat, it is Labor Day, enjoy it, get some fresh air.
Later...

33,000 people died in his state. Hes the last person we should emulate :roll:

Is not doing as well as some claim.
Dude, when are you gonna wake up and smell the coffee? This is a deadly virus, do the adult thing and the sooner more of you deniers do, the sooner we get back to normal. Do you really think Anyone Really does not want to get back to Life as we once knew it, forget the political BS, No One Wants This.
Listen to experience, one day you will tone it down and start Thinking, there is a saying:
Young Men Think Old Men Are Fools, Old Men Know Young Men Are.
You claim to be a thinking person, but say it and doing it are different things, try looking at the world from the other side while ignoring your own opinion, think you might just start changing your POV, heck you might become and Independent.
Now, go grill something good to eat, it is Labor Day, enjoy it, get some fresh air.
Later...

Get me the deaths in Sweden in the past three weeks and report that back to the board, of you want to be taken seriously.

Get me the deaths in Sweden in the past three weeks and report that back to the board, of you want to be taken seriously.
How sad, you just insist on arguing and conflict instead of listening, hey, I tried, all one can do.

How sad, you just insist on arguing and conflict instead of listening, hey, I tried, all one can do.

No masks, No shutdowns, No distancing. NO more deaths.

People here like to run from FACTS.

Good Luck, you are going to need all you can get. Moving on...

They don't want to open up until after the election and that's sad. The folks in NYC are leaving and they elected both DaBlasio and Cuomo so they reap what they sow.

Its funny to watch the same people who heap praise upon Cuomo blast Sweden. Both places have low infection and death rates now because the weak have been culled from the heard and the much of the rest of the population has had the virus and wont get it again.

Re: Coronavirus update: New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 days

That was at the peak. Stay upto date and give me the deaths in the past three weeks.

Why are people so disingenuous?

Don't be ridiculous. Where do you get your numbers from when you're citing the death rates in New York and New Jersey and other eastern Democratic states? No problem for you then counting totals, is there. You flip-flop faster than Donnie the Diddler when he's called on one of his stupid statements.
Anyway, if you check that link I gave you you'll see that Sweden had 5 new deaths in the past 24 hour period, Norway and Finland had zero. Canada, with 3 times Sweden's population, has had one.

Just as I said.............People here like to run from FACTS.
Dude, I never run from You or Anyone else here, yet sometimes I do think that some people that believe they have the facts, but are not even close.

Its funny to watch the same people who heap praise upon Cuomo blast Sweden. Both places have low infection and death rates now because the weak have been culled from the heard and the much of the rest of the population has had the virus and wont get it again.

This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to tell them. It really is all based on mathematics, too.These people just don't want to hear it. Four states had the highest death rates per million in the world! Tens of thousands were killed in each state because they were elderly and had one or more existing conditions AND they love too frigging close together. Those states clamped down sooner than almost anyone because of it and wore masks and socially distanced sooner than anyone. They STILL had high death rates per million. Some here lie and try to say without evidence that it was the masks that have created the NOW low death rates. This is based on no science or proof whatsoever. This is WHY I throw Sweden in their faces and now Manaus and South Dakota. It destroys their "mask" narrative.

You said it best, The weak have been culled They go ballistic over hearing this FACT!

Re: Coronavirus update: New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 days

Don't be ridiculous. Where do you get your numbers from when you're citing the death rates in New York and New Jersey and other eastern Democratic states? No problem for you then counting totals, is there. You flip-flop faster than Donnie the Diddler when he's called on one of his stupid statements.
Anyway, if you check that link I gave you you'll see that Sweden had 5 new deaths in the past 24 hour period, Norway and Finland had zero. Canada, with 3 times Sweden's population, has had one.

Lemme see. How did they reduce their death toll so dramatically without masks and a shut down? Any thoughts?

Dude, I never run from You or Anyone else here, yet sometimes I do think that some people that believe they have the facts, but are not even close.

My best response is to cut and paste what I posted to Fletch who observed that the virus kills those who are susceptible and when the herd is culled, the virus is done.
Humans are just higher forms of animals and the virus attacked animals that live too close and were weak. I've been saying this from Day ONE, folks.

This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to tell them. It really is all based on mathematics, too.These people just don't want to hear it. Four states had the highest death rates per million in the world! Tens of thousands were killed in each state because they were elderly and had one or more existing conditions AND they love too frigging close together. Those states clamped down sooner than almost anyone because of it and wore masks and socially distanced sooner than anyone. They STILL had high death rates per million. Some here lie and try to say without evidence that it was the masks that have created the NOW low death rates. This is based on no science or proof whatsoever. This is WHY I throw Sweden in their faces and now Manaus and South Dakota. It destroys their "mask" narrative.

You said it best, The weak have been culled They go ballistic over hearing this FACT!

33,000 people died in his state. Hes the last person we should emulate :roll:

Yes just another Right winger that can't face the Fact that back in the beginning of March there was not only conflicting info coming out of DC ( remember Trumps, it is only one person, it is only 15 people and will be gone by Apr., or it is NO big deal, it will be gone in no time ) and the CDC saying other things
Fact is Trump stopped people coming in from China on the west coast in the end of Feb. and didn't stop people coming in from china through the EU on the east coast.
They have tracked most of this mess in the NE states ( NY ) to one woman coming in from Iran through the EU on March 1 and by March 5th there were 22 cases and by March 10th there were 173 cases and by the end of the month there were 75,795 cases
and people on the right keep trying to put all the blame on Como
well again with all the conflicting info coming out of DC and the CDC who knew what to do or what to believe
it was Como who took the lead in the NE states and the NY health dept. that figured out what worked and what didn't
YES!!!!! they did make mistakes ( who wouldn't have ?
seeing there were no examples of what to do and not to do at that point in time)
Como has had the balls to at lease admit he made mistake and has tried to correct them UNLIKE Trump
SO how about giving Como and the Governors of the NE states and the Health workers ( Doctors and nurses ) in those states the proper credit they deserve and not keep tearing them down
Have a nice night

Back
Top Bottom