• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus: New Zealand marks 100 days without community spread

don't let planes in. it's Pandemic board game strategy. and let me tell ya, fella : that is one hard game to win. we only won it once.

don't let planes in. it's Pandemic board game strategy. and let me tell ya, fella : that is one hard game to win. we only won it once.

Once you find the strategy it's not so bad with just four epidemics. But six? I've never tried the game with that. :shock:

Once you find the strategy it's not so bad with just four epidemics. But six? I've never tried the game with that. :shock:

I haven't, either.

Good on them. Manning up, doing what's right for the greater good is what works. Instead, we fight and argue.

An aside, when you watch a Kiwi show and wonder why one would copy a litter, don't assume they are talking about puppies. A litter is what we commonly refer to as a letter, a bid isn't made in an auction house, but is something you sleep in... Yes, stay home, watch shows from around the world, and you will learn a lot.

Good on them. Manning up, doing what's right for the greater good is what works. Instead, we fight and argue.

An aside, when you watch a Kiwi show and wonder why one would copy a litter, don't assume they are talking about puppies. A litter is what we commonly refer to as a letter, a bid isn't made in an auction house, but is something you sleep in... Yes, stay home, watch shows from around the world, and you will learn a lot.

A friend was stationed in New Zealand with the RAF some time ago. He related that when he wanted to buy cigarettes one time he was asked if he wanted 'tin'. Confusion reigned as cigarettes back then were sold both in tins of 50 or so, and in packets of ten.

Last edited:
Jacinda Ardern has shown the world how to get it right. Yes the Kiwis have the advantage of being an island nation, but so does the UK and they struggled with it for months.

I wish we had leadership like hers.

They don't have 350 million people and a porous border.

Locking down and sealing off a country the size of The United States, with 350 million people was never a reality.

Locking down and sealing off a country the size of The United States, with 350 million people was never a reality.
Excuses excuses... Typical.

Sent from my Honor 8X

Small island nation with less freedom. Not much to learn. Its great that they were largely unaffected, but its wrong to assume they just did something right. Their population is 1/4 of Florida.
LESS freedom? Well the far right wing Cato institute says New Zealand is more free than the US...go figure. [emoji41]

Sent from my Honor 8X

Small island nation

How did the UK do?

with less freedom.

My right to stay alive exceeds your "freedom." :)

Not much to learn.

Only for those who refuse to learn. ;)

Its great that they were largely unaffected,

I smell sour grapes.

but its wrong to assume they just did something right.

You're right, we shouldn't just assume. We KNOW Jacinda Ardern did something right. :thumbs:

Their population is 1/4 of Florida.

As if you have a clue about the relationship between population, population density, and the coronavirus. :lol: Speaking of Florida, how is Ron DeSatan doing with his coronavirus management? ;)

Sure it was. We just aren't up to it. Americans are undisciplined. They lack the capability to react properly in an emergency.

You are correct. Spain has seen an increase in covid cases SINCE the day they ended lockdown. Gee, I wonder if there could be some relationship :roll:

They were doing worse than us since it all started. Most European countries have.

They were doing worse than us since it all started. Most European countries have.

More correctly - Most European countries have NOT seen higher death rates than the USA, which is presently in 10th place on the scale of deaths/million population. European countries that have higher death rates at this time are: San Marino - 1,238/million, Belgium - 851/million, UK - 686/million, Andorra - 638/million, Spain - 610/million, Italy - 582/million, Sweden - 571/million, Chile - 530/million and in 10th place, USA - 501/million

There are 44 nations in Europe, so it doesn't look like "Most European countries have" done worse than the USA

Numbers source: -- Coronavirus Update (Live): 20,123,933 Cases and 735,722 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Yes, her leadership recognised and has subsequently proven that working together across party political lines is far more productive than whining about 'rights'.

New Zealand's response to coronavirus has united the country | World Economic Forum

The virus have had so horrific consequences and massive cost so you need to learn from the positive examples. That it for example worth to take immediately and decisiveness actions. Also that both politicians, scientists and people all have to work together to fight the disease. Like for example Taiwan that was willing to learn from the SARS outbreak and makes plans for the next virus outbreak.

How Taiwan beat the coronavirus

That at the same time the Corona outbreak also leads to new strategies to fight the viruses. Like for example detecting the virus in wastewater can be a early warming system. While also help in planning the action against the virus and see that areas need more help and measures to fight the virus.

Coronavirus: wastewater can tell us where the next outbreak will be

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom