• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Coronavirus is a Biological Warfare Weapon"

Common cold incubation is up to 3 days. Covid's incubation period is usually 5 - 6 days. In the case of both the common cold and Covid coronaviruses there can be no symptoms at all throughout the infection.

So, that is a difference. Anyway, thanks :)

On average, symptoms showed up in the newly infected person about 5 days after contact. Rarely, symptoms appeared as soon as 2 days after exposure. Most people with symptoms had them by day 12. And most of the other ill people were sick by day 14. In rare cases, symptoms can show up after 14 days. Researchers think this happens with about 1 out of every 100 people.

What makes some people so prone to conspiracy theories?

Someone somewhere said something, and so now . . . what? All of the critical thinking that one presumably learned throughout school is out the window? That's all the evidence you need?

Some guy somewhere said something, and your gut said yes? That's it?

How about this: lay out all of your evidence, if any evidence exists, and let's all judge it on its merits.

Say the people who believe everything they hear on mainstream news.

I've heard that too. I obviously don't know if it's true or not. But, it's not needed for it to have been due to a lab leak.

Covid is a bat coronavirus that has learned, or been modified, to infect humans. They were doing research in the Wuhan lab on bat coronaviruses, modifying them so they can infect humans.

Purely coincidence? And no plausible theory aside from lab origin has yet been found.

Your conspiracies don't pass the laugh test.
Why would China have to gain when it killed thousands of their own people and damaged the world economy, including their own? Who would benefit?

No one is saying it was intentional. Try to pay attention.

I dont know why you belive that would rule out a lab leak, but it doesnt. There are very few experts -outside of China- ruling out a lab leak.. Nearly everyone else says, "we belive it leaked" or "we just don't know". The experts in both of those camps agree that we are not getting great cooperation from China.

We aren't getting cooperation from Fauci either. He doesn't want us to think it came from a lab.

Covid is a bat coronavirus that has learned, or been modified, to infect humans. They were doing research in the Wuhan lab on bat coronaviruses, modifying them so they can infect humans.

Purely coincidence? And no plausible theory aside from lab origin has yet been found.
Also supporting is the known gain-of-function research at that lab.
What they were worried about was something called “gain-of-function” research, in which the virulence or transmissibility of dangerous pathogens is deliberately increased. The purpose is to help scientists predict how viruses might evolve in ways that hurt humans before it happens in nature. But by bypassing pathogens’ natural evolutionary cycles, these experiments create risks of a human-made outbreak if a lab accident were to occur. For this reason, the Obama administration issued a moratorium on gain-of-function experiments in October 2014.​
Gain-of-function such as increased virulence? Possibly.

and

Add these to the list of existing 'coincidences'.

A bio-weapon? Probably not.
Escaped from the Wuhan lab? Seems pretty likely.
Escaped due to mistake, accident? Also seems pretty likely.

I've posted this multiple times. Covid19 was not manufactured in a lab, despite the claims of Trump and the Q'aholics.

How exactly do you know this?

I understand how it works and I've heard discussions of the possibility.

I am not saying the theory is incorrect - I don't know. I just find the evidence supporting a "lab leak" far stronger than the "human modified" argument.

I understand how it works and I've heard discussions of the possibility.

I am not saying the theory is incorrect - I don't know. I just find the evidence supporting a "lab leak" far stronger than the "human modified" argument.
There seems to be evidence to support both.

The WHO, China, and other govt's are lying to prevent WW3.

Nothing like this has EVER been in the wild on this planet. NOTHING has ever spread so rapidly and mutated like this virus.

Nothing. We're being lied to.

Nothing like the Spanish Flu, that never occurred right

It is however thought to have been modified in the lab in Wuhan to make it spread easier.

It was a bat virus, and it was, probably, modified in the lab so it could infect humans. That is exactly the research they were doing at the Wuhan lab. And we can't blame China, since the research was supported by the US. Fauci is as much to blame as China.

Truth:

NEWS
30 MARCH 2021

WHO report into COVID pandemic origins zeroes in on animal markets, not labs
Scientists say the conclusions make sense but note that supporters of the lab-leak theory are unlikely to be satisfied.

The report is the result of a trip to China taken by a 17-person WHO team from Jan. 14 to Feb. 10. The team collaborated with an equal number of Chinese scientists to explore genetic, epidemiological and animal data from the earliest known days of what became a pandemic.

The 120-page report, produced by the WHO team, offered four possible origin stories for the SARS-CoV-2 virus – ranging from a lab leak to a jump from animals to humans. Rather than offering firm conclusions, it called for further investigation.

Fake:

The Superspreaders Behind Top COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories

As the coronavirus spread across the globe, so too did speculation about its origins. Perhaps the virus escaped from a lab. Maybe it was engineered as a bioweapon.

Legitimate questions about the virus created perfect conditions for conspiracy theories. In the absence of knowledge, guesswork and propaganda flourished. College professors with no evidence or training in virology were touted as experts. Anonymous social media users posed as high-level intelligence officials. And from China to Iran to Russia to the United States, governments amplified claims for their own motives

The WHO investigation, led by a scientist who was involved in the research that is suspected of causing the pandemic. That investigation decided the virus did not come from the Wuhan lab. Case closed. No possibility they were lying.

I don't choose to "believe China." Nowhere in my posting history will you find a post by me claiming to "believe China."

That's one of the core problems with conspiracy theorists. They make assumptions so often that they stop noticing it.

The poor critical thinking skills of some random internet conspiracy theorists is not my problem.

Where is the evidence?

Look at the CNN episode that ezplains it. Read the Newsweek article that explains it. Do some research, it isn't hard to figure out what the evidence is.

There is no absolute certainty about this yet, and no one can show you absolute proof. This is a plausible theory. Calling it a conspiracy theory won't make it any less plausible.

Science seldom has clear simple answers. If you had any critical thinking skills, you would know that.

It was a bat virus, and it was, probably, modified in the lab so it could infect humans. That is exactly the research they were doing at the Wuhan lab. And we can't blame China, since the research was supported by the US. Fauci is as much to blame as China.

Unsubstantiated opinions like this one are how the Big Ball of Loony gets rolling down the hill.

Usually, it is followed up with something like, "Do you own research. You'll see. It's obvious."

Same pattern every time.

Never much, if any, evidence though. Funny, that.

Just: how can you possibly not be sharing the same fever dream as I am?

A few things to consider.
Up until about 1900, most people did not travel more than a few hundred miles of where they were born,
so the fast spread is more a function of greater travel.
As far as being a bio weapon, it is a poor one, as it is only symptomatic in about half of those exposed.
I think it was Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6, that went into detail about what a perfect bio weapon would look like,
and Covid 19 is not it!

Quite

Covid 19 is a poor bio weapon

The death rate is to low and does not effect the young and healthy to any real degree. Heck when a good % of the population want to ignore the vir
Correct, this is nothing like the Spanish Flu

You're eager to believe China, and their lapdog WHO, for some reason.
The Spanish Flu was much worse, Covid 19 is barely worse than a regular flu, and DJT overreacted

The WHO investigation, led by a scientist who was involved in the research that is suspected of causing the pandemic. That investigation decided the virus did not come from the Wuhan lab. Case closed. No possibility they were lying.
There is always a possibility but if you live your life with always worrying about every possibility that exists, you won't have a life. I choose to believe it until someone else shows me proof otherwise. Perhaps is not something I do.

The Spanish Flu was much worse

Why are you calling it the Spanish flu? Are you a bigot? Don't you know this could result in Spaniard hate crimes?

It didn't originate in Spain, or can you PROVE it did? Why are you repeating racist rhetoric?

What deep-seated hatred do you have for the Spanish? How do Nazi's keep posting their hate for Spain on these forums?

Why are you calling it the Spanish flu? Are you a bigot? Don't you know this could result in Spaniard hate crimes?

It didn't originate in Spain, or can you PROVE it did? Why are you repeating racist rhetoric?

What deep-seated hatred do you have for the Spanish? How do Nazi's keep posting their hate for Spain on these forums?

The Spanish flu is believed to have originated in the US from what I have read.

Which makes calling a disease based on where it was first reported a poor policy which is why they changed it

There is always a possibility but if you live your life with always worrying about every possibility that exists, you won't have a life. I choose to believe it until someone else shows me proof otherwise. Perhaps is not something I do.

Absolute proof is not always possible, especially since China would never admit it. Democrats don't want to believe it, partly because Trump said it. And partly because they love Fauci, and he promoted the research.

Scientific thinking is not political. So many Democrats claim to be scientific, without knowing what science is.

At this point, no one can objectively rule out the lab origin theory, and there is no evidence for any other theory.

The Spanish flu ...

Wow. You said the bad words again.

Spanish children are crying and asking their mommies why the Canadian man hates them.

I hope to god this doesn't cause a spike in Spanish hate crimes.

Wow. You said the bad words again.

Spanish children are crying and asking their mommies why the Canadian man hates them.

I hope to god this doesn't cause a spike in Spanish hate crimes.
do you need a safe room, or a cold room before you melt?

Back
Top Bottom