• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus could be considered a preexisting condition if Obamacare is struck down

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

If the Supreme Court strikes down Obamacare in November, insurers could resume discriminating against Americans with preexisting medical conditions just as they did before the law was passed.

Democrats are loudly insisting that this is an especially dangerous prospect in a pandemic, as coronavirus could be considered a pre-existing condition.
Jesse Ferguson, former spokesperson for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
==================================================================
I have Medicare so this makes no difference to me. But it gives me another reason to dislike Republicans.

What is wrong with the state or county hospital systems for the uninsured? They are gubment run.

I never did get this bitching and whining about being uninsured when there is always "County".After all, that is what we are in store for if you folks have your way.

What is wrong with the state or county hospital systems for the uninsured? They are gubment run.

I never did get this bitching and whining about being uninsured when there is always "County".After all, that is what we are in store for if you folks have your way.

Ordinary tax payers wind up footing the bill for the uninsured. There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay the bills.

If the Supreme Court strikes down Obamacare in November, insurers could resume discriminating against Americans with preexisting medical conditions just as they did before the law was passed.

Democrats are loudly insisting that this is an especially dangerous prospect in a pandemic, as coronavirus could be considered a pre-existing condition.
Jesse Ferguson, former spokesperson for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
I have Medicare so this makes no difference to me. But it gives me another reason to dislike Republicans.
There is no "could" about it.

The insurance companies will dump everyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 as fast as they can - and will deny coverage should anyone not tell them that they have been tested positive for COVID-19. For those who have tested negative, the insurance companies will require "the results of tests conducted within _[fill in the blank]_ number of days of approval of the application for insurance" (and will likely take their own sweet time about approving any application).

Remember, insurance companies ARE in business to "collect premiums and pay dividends to the stockholders". Insurance companies ARE NOT in business to "pay claims".

How

The insurance companies will dump everyone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 as fast as they can - and will deny coverage should anyone not tell them that they have been tested positive for COVID-19. For those who have tested negative, the insurance companies will require "the results of tests conducted within _[fill in the blank]_ number of days of approval of the application for insurance" (and will likely take their own sweet time about approving any application).

Remember, insurance companies ARE in business to "collect premiums and pay dividends to the stockholders". Insurance companies ARE NOT in business to "pay claims".
do you know this ?

tenor.gif

So iow, scare people shitless by any means is ok as long as it serves the desired purpose. Russia?

So iow, scare people shitless by any means is ok as long as it serves the desired purpose. Russia?

You sound more upset with the people pointing out that bringing back pre-existing conditions during a pandemic is extra bad than with the people who are actually trying to do it.

THIS is the preexisting condition...

Leftism should be considered a preexisting condition.

And incurable.

Leftism should be considered a preexisting condition.

And incurable.
And trumplings should be considered the walking dead, since they are already dead from the neck up.

And trumplings should be considered the walking dead, since they are already dead from the neck up.
The difference is that....

Never mind.

Ordinary tax payers wind up footing the bill for the uninsured. There is no free lunch. Someone has to pay the bills.
Those same taxpayers foot the bill under Obamacare. Do you think the money would just fall from the sky? How do you get unemployed deadbeats to pay?

Thank goodness for UHC; no bills, no denial of claims because of pre-existing conditions, no co-pays, no negotiating the best 'deal' or stressing over the possibility your insurer won't pay up. I go to the doctor/hospital, get fixed, go home and all for a measly monthly contribution via general taxation. And American 'libertarians' say it's a bad thing? It's no coincidence that the top ten countries with the best performing healthcare systems all enjoy UHC. Nobody complains-except envious conservative Americans having to pay jaw-dropping amounts for substandard healthcare (ranking 37th in the world for overall quality).

Last edited:
It's comical that the actual people tthat should HATE preexisting conditions (older Republicans who don't qualify for SS) is the very group cheering the party that is fighting to bring them back.

A sucker and his money is soon parted.

Those same taxpayers foot the bill under Obamacare. Do you think the money would just fall from the sky? How do you get unemployed deadbeats to pay?
Why should the poor be forced to pay, and why do you assume everyone unemployed is a "deadbeat"? People lose their means of staying afloat for many reasons-and that could include you or anyone. Under our NHS everyone employed pays a small contribution to the scheme and everyone benefits; rich, poor, unemployed. We prefer to put health before profit, and if I'm helping someone else through their difficulties I know the same will happen if the situation were reversed.

Why do you guys keep using existing shitty conditions under the GOP to preview what’s gonna happen “if we get our way?” County is *your* way of healthcare. Our current system that’s thrown millions off since covid started and millions more is what we have since you folks have gotten your way.

Your own country is sick and dying and as typical of Republican patriots all you have is contempt.

Why should the poor be forced to pay, and why do you assume everyone unemployed is a "deadbeat"? People lose their means of staying afloat for many reasons-and that could include you or anyone. Under our NHS everyone employed pays a small contribution to the scheme and everyone benefits; rich, poor, unemployed. We prefer to put health before profit, and if I'm helping someone else through their difficulties I know the same will happen if the situation were reversed.
We have able bodied people unemployed here and on welfare for decades. We have county and/or state hospitals for them. Gubment run They are great.

Why do you guys keep using existing shitty conditions under the GOP to preview what’s gonna happen “if we get our way?” County is *your* way of healthcare. Our current system that’s thrown millions off since covid started and millions more is what we have since you folks have gotten your way.

Your own country is sick and dying and as typical of Republican patriots all you have is contempt.
You "forgot" to say what is wrong with gubment run "County" health care.

Back
Top Bottom