• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus: Australians Panic Buy Toilet Paper

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Coronavirus: Coles Costco Woolworths enforce restrictions on toilet paper amid panic-buying frenzy

[h=2]Popular toilet paper brand sells out in Australia[/h]

The popular sustainable toilet paper company, Who Gives A Crap, has sold out of toilet paper due to "panic buying madness".

The company tweeted on their Australian account informing customers they were working hard to restock and had revered stock to ensure those with subscriptions would still receive deliveries.

Toilet paper shortage: Man tasered after alleged assault at Big W

Heck, they even tasered a man over... TP! :mrgreen:

6de5c25cdf1685a1453e76d9c2b45b6a445cc947.png

The zombie apocalypse is upon us... I suggest panic.

I picked up an RX from the Grocery Market pharmacy and ask the cashier if she noticed any unusual buying, and she said, hand sanitizer was gone but nothing more. I guess the effects are going to differ in different locations.

I picked up an RX from the Grocery Market pharmacy and ask the cashier if she noticed any unusual buying, and she said, hand sanitizer was gone but nothing more. I guess the effects are going to differ in different locations.

Far as I know in Japan especially, the run on toilet paper was severe, people I know couldn't find it in their whole town and people had a lot of trouble finding it in even in Tokyo.

Far as I know in Japan especially, the run on toilet paper was severe, people I know couldn't find it in their whole town and people had a lot of trouble finding it in even in Tokyo.

I wish I had stock in Bidet toilet seat covers. I'll use wash cloths and rags if I have too, then wash them. The mighty TP. It's the little things we don't think of.

I wish I had stock in Bidet toilet seat covers. I'll use wash cloths and rags if I have too, then wash them. The mighty TP. It's the little things we don't think of.

Well it just goes to show again how sensitive our supply chain is to a run on pretty much any item and especially now that Supply Chains can be tracked in real time and companies have become extremely adept at not wanting to sit on more inventory than they need for cost saving and efficiency that it really does create problems fast in a situation like this.

I mean there are plenty of people on this board who have probably lived through a natural disaster and seen empty store shelves as I have a few years ago during flooding but I don't think except for certain items we've seen, we would see it on a broader scale, one business that has seen a jump in business is grocery delivery, especially in China and South Korea, was watching a story where a guy was saying usually they'd have half full trucks going out, now, they literally can't fit all the stuff in all the trucks and are running around like chickens with their head cut off all day.

Interesting times.

Well it just goes to show again how sensitive our supply chain is to a run on pretty much any item and especially now that Supply Chains can be tracked in real time and companies have become extremely adept at not wanting to sit on more inventory than they need for cost saving and efficiency that it really does create problems fast in a situation like this.

I mean there are plenty of people on this board who have probably lived through a natural disaster and seen empty store shelves as I have a few years ago during flooding but I don't think except for certain items we've seen, we would see it on a broader scale, one business that has seen a jump in business is grocery delivery, especially in China and South Korea, was watching a story where a guy was saying usually they'd have half full trucks going out, now, they literally can't fit all the stuff in all the trucks and are running around like chickens with their head cut off all day.

Interesting times.

I live in Florida, home of the Hurricanes, and almost every year now we get sideswiped by a powerful storm that knocks the power out for several days. Ice, bottled water and batteries go screaming off the shelves, but for me, it's the AC being off that sucks the most. It takes about a week for things to start to return to semi-normal. We've become so spoiled with our modern conveniences and dangerously reliant on them. One massive solar flare could end civilization as we know it by knocking out power grids for months. No fresh water or food would be like Mad Max, survival of the meanest.

Interesting times.

Yep, it seems that predicted local disasters cause shortages due to the sudden higher demand for French toast - bread, milk and eggs seem to be the first items to run short. ;)

Yep, it seems that predicted local disasters cause shortages due to the sudden higher demand for French toast - bread, milk and eggs seem to be the first items to run short. ;)

A natural disaster without french toast is like a piss without a fart :2razz:

A natural disaster without french toast is like a piss without a fart :2razz:

Why folks would stock up on a bulky, non-perishable item like toilet paper seems a bit odd. Perhaps they fear that COVID-19 will turn those farts into sharts. ;)

This is a job for...Super Trump! Trump can fly over to Australia and start tossing TP to outstretched arms of the TP starving crowds of TP hungry Aussies. A magnificent vision of the naked Emperor benefice Trump, breathing life into the dying, but for Trump-tossed TP, Aussies who will then swallow hot coals in admiration of such profound Trump gesture.

This is a job for...Super Trump! Trump can fly over to Australia and start tossing TP to outstretched arms of the TP starving crowds of TP hungry Aussies. A magnificent vision of the naked Emperor benefice Trump, breathing life into the dying, but for Trump-tossed TP, Aussies who will then swallow hot coals in admiration of such profound Trump gesture.

The cost of the TP will be taken out of the HHS budget.

Why folks would stock up on a bulky, non-perishable item like toilet paper seems a bit odd. Perhaps they fear that COVID-19 will turn those farts into sharts. ;)

When you live in a country with face-eating spiders, it is probably preferable you not bring one in with the leaves for your booty. Besides TP doesn't go bad. They will use it eventually......unless one of the spiders eats them.

Well we can rest easy because if we do get a shortage of toilet paper, we'll get paid a visit from Trump, and he'll throw some to us:

81sfAU6.gif

The zombie apocalypse is upon us... I suggest panic.

I have a feeling that humans will still hoard toilet paper even if there is a zombie invasion... holy ****, that gives me an idea!

Toilet paper is the biggest shortage but there has also been panic buying on tissues, masks, baby wipes, sanitary pads, hand sanitisers, panadol/Paracetamol, rice, pasta, milk, and bottled water.

I should start a TP landscaping business. With a few bushes, I could end your TP needs forever.

Back
Top Bottom