• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cornel West Attacks Al Sharpton: ‘Bonafide House Negro of the Obama Plantation’

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
by Andrew Kirell
August 30th, 2013

Public intellectual Cornel West tore into many of this week’s speeches surrounding the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.‘s “I Have a Dream” speech, accusing everyone from President Obama to Rev. Al Sharpton of “sanitizing” Dr. King’s vision.

“Brother Martin himself, I think, would’ve been turning over in his grave,” West said of the event. “[King would have wanted] people to talk about Wall Street criminality, he wants people to talk about war crimes, or drones dropping bombs on innocent people,” he asserted.

“Instead,” he lamented, “we saw the coronation of the bonafide house negro of the Barack Obama plantation, our dear brother Al Sharpton.” West went further declaring that Sharpton’s decline was “supported by [MSNBC analyst] Michael Dyson and others who’ve prostituted themselves in a very ugly and vicious way.”

West and Tavis Smiley both lamented that black leadership has become “so sold-out” so as not to have the courage to be a “bull in the china shop,” break rank, and talk about “racism, poverty, and militarism” at an otherwise “bought-out” event.

This is not the first time West has referred to Sharpton as being “on the Obama plantation.” The radio host made the same claim in July when he felt Sharpton did not advocate hard enough for a Department of Justice “civil rights” prosecution against the recently-acquitted George Zimmerman.

Read more:
Cornel West Attacks Al Sharpton: ‘Bonafide House Negro of the Obama Plantation’ | Mediaite

Other Civil Rights activists speak the truth about race hustlers of the "Progressive Obama Plantation"

My favorite thing about Cornel West is that it pretty much leaves Melissa Harris-Perry completely flabbergasted at the mention of his name seeing as how he took her to the woodshed and spanked her butt as an intellectual light-weight in a pretty public way.

Moderator's Warning:
Moved to Partisan Politics.

by Andrew Kirell
August 30th, 2013

Public intellectual Cornel West tore into many of this week’s speeches surrounding the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.‘s “I Have a Dream” speech, accusing everyone from President Obama to Rev. Al Sharpton of “sanitizing” Dr. King’s vision.

“Brother Martin himself, I think, would’ve been turning over in his grave,” West said of the event. “[King would have wanted] people to talk about Wall Street criminality, he wants people to talk about war crimes, or drones dropping bombs on innocent people,” he asserted.

“Instead,” he lamented, “we saw the coronation of the bonafide house negro of the Barack Obama plantation, our dear brother Al Sharpton.” West went further declaring that Sharpton’s decline was “supported by [MSNBC analyst] Michael Dyson and others who’ve prostituted themselves in a very ugly and vicious way.”

West and Tavis Smiley both lamented that black leadership has become “so sold-out” so as not to have the courage to be a “bull in the china shop,” break rank, and talk about “racism, poverty, and militarism” at an otherwise “bought-out” event.

This is not the first time West has referred to Sharpton as being “on the Obama plantation.” The radio host made the same claim in July when he felt Sharpton did not advocate hard enough for a Department of Justice “civil rights” prosecution against the recently-acquitted George Zimmerman.

Read more:
Cornel West Attacks Al Sharpton: ‘Bonafide House Negro of the Obama Plantation’ | Mediaite

Other Civil Rights activists speak the truth about race hustlers of the "Progressive Obama Plantation"
It is about time, we on the right need to start using a lot more of the left's language against themselves. We should be calling them when they are overtly racists, when they are hetero-phobes, when they are misandrists, Christo-phobes.... and surely when they mimic and are the mouthpiece for the "Man", the big guy in the WH... we need to call them on it. Love to watch them backpedaling and backstroking...tripping over their own two left feet when you properly call them a racist...most times they do not even really know what the term actually means. Seems, in theory to them, that the term only applies the one way and they become incensed [ this is all liberals, not just black liberals ] and tell you that it is impossible....

Go get 'em Col West!

It is about time, we on the right need to start using a lot more of the left's language against themselves. We should be calling them when they are overtly racists, when they are hetero-phobes, when they are misandrists, Christo-phobes.... and surely when they mimic and are the mouthpiece for the "Man", the big guy in the WH... we need to call them on it. Love to watch them backpedaling and backstroking...tripping over their own two left feet when you properly call them a racist...most times they do not even really know what the term actually means. Seems, in theory to them, that the term only applies the one way and they become incensed [ this is all liberals, not just black liberals ] and tell you that it is impossible....

Go get 'em Col West!

As I recently posted, there should be honest reporting from both sides of the "aisle" and race hustlers of both the right and left should be castigated and completely ignored..

As I recently posted, there should be honest reporting from both sides of the "aisle" and race hustlers of both the right and left should be castigated and completely ignored..
totally agree...it is time for the REAL truths to come out. I used to walk on eggshells talking about race, homosexuality, feminimism and religion... not any more. Those folks ask for the proverbial inch and then take a mile. It has gone way beyond too far. I have little fear anymore. I now have no trouble calling a spade a spade [ original meaning, not the racial way, btw all you race hustlers out there ] and I will not let them determine my language, my stance, my ideology, my faith...

I almost feel as if the R word, Racist, is the new N word to be tossed like a grenade against conservatives, mainly white people. But folks like Col West take the hardest beating I think, being a black Conservative. I will give that guy all the support I can.

Plus, if black people can now openly, and exclusively, use the N word, which and many other white Americans have taken great pains to remove from the common lexicon, and a word I do not and will not use, well....I am damn sure going to punch them as hard as I can with the R word if they are racist.

Game's on.

determine my language, my stance, my ideology, my faith...

I almost feel as if the R word, Racist, is the new N word to be tossed like a grenade against conservatives, mainly white people. But folks like Col West take the hardest beating I think, being a black Conservative. I will give that guy all the support I can.

West is no conservative, he is a far left nutjob. His beef with Sharpton is Sharpton does not go far enough.

West is no conservative, he is a far left nutjob. His beef with Sharpton is Sharpton does not go far enough.
Thank you for the catch there keith, I stand corrected.... did not click on the article ...for sure thought they we were talking about Col Allen West... so all my support goes to Allan West, not Cornel West...and yes, I know of him, don't know what I was thinking, should have checked the article first, just got off on the wrong track.

So, gracias...

I should have 'trusted but verified'...didn't follow my own motto, gets one in trouble nearly every time. I was even thinking at the time of correcting the spelling of Colonel...ha ha, man was I off ...

Back
Top Bottom