• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corgress woman Sheila Jackson Lee for Homeland Security Secretary

Might I ask exactly what qualification she has for this position?

She 100% incompetent - the perfect fit for the Obama administration's DHS.

Might I ask exactly what qualification she has for this position?
Pregnant pause...... I have got nothing!
The article did say,
“Apparently, it is not a joke. For reasons that baffle any sense of reality, it is a serious gesture on the part of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) to encourage President Obama to nominate Rep. Jackson Lee as a replacement for outgoing-DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano.”
So I cannot be the only one thinking something is strange.

Pregnant pause...... I have got nothing!
The article did say,

So I cannot be the only one thinking something is strange.

These people are friggin nuts-in addition to being racist!!!!:roll:

I had to click on the link to see for myself. My first thought was, "It's not April Fool's Day."

Sheila Jackson Lee is possibly the dumbest person in Congress. And she's a race-hustler. And venal. Anybody else remember a few years ago when she held a "townhall"-style meeting for her constituents...but only told select ones about the meeting?

I had to click on the link to see for myself. My first thought was, "It's not April Fool's Day."

Sheila Jackson Lee is possibly the dumbest person in Congress. And she's a race-hustler. And venal. Anybody else remember a few years ago when she held a "townhall"-style meeting for her constituents...but only told select ones about the meeting?

Isn't she the egomaniac bitch that created a big scene, screaming at a congressional security guard who asked to see the badge everyone who enters congress is supposed to wear, "How dare you??? Don't you know who I am???"

Isn't she the egomaniac bitch that created a big scene, screaming at a congressional security guard who asked to see the badge everyone who enters congress is supposed to wear, "How dare you??? Don't you know who I am???"

No I think that was Cynthia McKinney from Georgia.

No, she's the dummy who said on the House floor during the Katrina aftermath that the way hurricanes are named is racist. I'll go find a link.

Brilliant except for one small thing....there is no north and south Vietnam living peacefully, side by side. Vietnam is a single party communist state and got that way after Duan massacred hundreds of thousands and sent a million more to "reeducation camps".

Must be just trying to keep the woman away from money.

LOL !!!

Unfortunately she represents a part of Houston that's not far from where I live and she is THE STUPIDEST PERSON IN CONGRESS.

Even dumber than Hank " Guam " Johnson.

I hope she gets the nod, I really do.

" Oyster-Persons ".......

She is also famous for asking if the Mars rover landed anywhere near where the astronauts planted the flag.

LOL !!!

Unfortunately she represents a part of Houston that's not far from where I live and she is THE STUPIDEST PERSON IN CONGRESS.

Even dumber than Hank " Guam " Johnson.

I hope she gets the nod, I really do.

I don't know about that. Ol' Hank sure has a way of setting new standards for stupid. That guy is about as sharp as a marble.

She was the one that said Healthcare was an Entitlement and should be Constitutional.....she also did this 4 days ago.

SheilaJacksonLee.jpg

Texas’ Jackson Lee casts hypocritical vote for police state snooping.....

HOUSTON – Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has consistently opposed the expansion of federal surveillance authority.

Most of those votes were quixotic protests against bills certain to pass.

But when she actually had a chance to cast a vote that mattered yesterday, a chance to restrict surveillance to where it is warranted, she abandoned her long-held position, and opposed a bipartisan amendment to end the National Security Agency’s blanket collection of phone records.

The amendment by Reps. Justin Amash (R) and John Conyers (D) of Michigan would have ended the NSA’s collection of records, including phone calls, of people unrelated to any investigation.

The measure failed on a 205-217 vote, but still shocked the leadership of both parties, who had kept the practice secret from the American people for years.

In 2008, she voted against granting immunity to the telecoms that helped the Bush administration conduct warrantless wiretapping.

In 2011, she voted against extending the PATRIOT Act.

In 2012, she voted against reauthorizing the FISA Amendments Act, which allows warrantless surveillance of Americans’ overseas communications.

In 2013, she did the opposite.

The measure divided both parties, with Republicans voting 134-94 against it, and Democrats voting 111-83 for it.

The Texas GOP delegation voted 14-10 against the Amash amendment, while Texas Democrats voted 8-4 against it.

The 10 votes in favor mark a stark change for the state GOP. In recent years, Texas Republicans have done almost nothing to slow the expansion of the surveillance state, as Watchdog.org has reported.

The Republicans who voted to protect the Fourth Amendment were Joe Barton, Michael Burgess, Blake Farenthold, Louie Gohmert, Ralph Hall, Kenny Marchant, Ted Poe, Steve Stockman, Randy Weber and Roger Williams.....snip~

Texas' Jackson Lee casts hypocritical vote for police state snooping « Watchdog.org

Well if you are concerned about DHS invading people's privacy, appointing someone from the CIA is to blame for every ill a black person has suffered coalition might not be the worst choice. I support it 100% --Bold Leadership right there :mrgreen:

I don't know about that. Ol' Hank sure has a way of setting new standards for stupid. That guy is about as sharp as a marble.

Yea your'e probably right.

Hank re-affirms his stupidity with the occasional massively stupid statements like " Guam flipping Over".

SJL re-affirms her stupidity with a constant stream of ridiculous outburst.

The Obama administration is so far gone I honestly wouldn't mind seeing her take the reigns from Napolitano.

Law degree; sat on the HLS committee.

So What !!!

LOL !!

I DARE Obama to put her in that position.

The rest of America needs to learn what we Texans have known for years.

Back
Top Bottom