• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corey Lewandowski out as Trump campaign manager

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President, which has set a historic record in the Republican Primary having received almost 14 million votes, has today announced that Corey Lewandowski will no longer be working with the campaign," Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in a statement Monday. "The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future."
Corey Lewandowski out as Trump campaign manager - CNNPolitics.com

A LOT of people have been saying for months that Trump needed to upgrade, I hope this means that he is.

Signs of the turmoil within Trump's campaign were apparent even in the wake of Lewandowski's dismissal.

One top aide, Michael Caputo, tweeted "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" minutes after the news broke, celebrating Lewandowski's ouster like the death of the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz.

Lewandowski, a Trump loyalist without major campaign experience, repeatedly sparred with Manafort, a longtime insider who was brought on as the campaign looked to close the sale in the primary and pivot toward the general election.
The fighting was a manifestation of an internal tug-of-war between two sides of Trump's staff — loyalists who had been with the candidate since the beginning of his campaign and more professional Washington insiders who want Trump to run a more conventional campaign.

The ouster of Lewandowski means that the insiders have apparently won out, as Republicans continue to express grave concern about the campaign's direction and fundraising
Trump dumps campaign manager | TheHill

Lewandowski had little to offer, all he ever was was a glorified event and office manager, because Trump wanted to do the heavy lifting himself. Hopefully Trump is now ready to become a real politician, get professional.

Calculating Trump.
Generating more news coverage by actually not providing reason for his departure.

This is hardly surprising. I have no knowledge of the man and his credentials, but I'm sure he was in harmony with the insurgent amateurish campaign Trump ran in the primaries. Now that he's the party's nominee and is heading to the general elections, he needs a seasoned campaign manager that can run a conventional, nationwide presidential election campaign, and I'm sure the party has quite the impressive list waiting.

Calculating Trump.
Generating more news coverage by actually not providing reason for his departure.

Not really; there's just no reason for his departure other than his incompatibility with a serious, national presidential campaign.

Trump dumps campaign manager | TheHill

Lewandowski had little to offer, all he ever was was a glorified event and office manager, because Trump wanted to do the heavy lifting himself. Hopefully Trump is now ready to become a real politician, get professional.

trump seemed to have a lot of success when ski was second banana
not so much since he brought in the second team

As somebody who has managed successful public office campaigns - and a few not successful - my sympathies go out to Lewandowski. However, he seemed badly out of his depth at this level and probably had served his purpose and could contribute nothing more.

It is not going to change the Trump campaign in any substantive way so this is really no big news as changes they made a while ago with Paul Manafort pretty much supplanting him and his role.

Not really; there's just no reason for his departure other than his incompatibility with a serious, national presidential campaign.
Yes really.

Not providing the reason allows for rampant speculation (such as you are doing).

trump seemed to have a lot of success when ski was second banana
not so much since he brought in the second team

Thats an accurate observation. Although I suspect the two are somewhat coincidental as Trumps lack of success pretty much corresponds with the electorate expanding beyond the usual GOP right wing constituency where he had a far more limited audience.

Multiple?

Yup.

"But a POLITICO investigation reveals that the incident was far from the first time in Lewandowski’s political career ― or even during the 2016 campaign ― that the intense, Red Bull-chugging operative has been accused of bullying and other inappropriate behavior.
In interviews with more than 20 sources who have dealt with Lewandowski during his nearly year-long tenure with the Trump campaign and in his previous job with the Koch brothers-backed advocacy group Americans for Prosperity, complaints emerged about Lewandowski being rough with reporters and sexually suggestive with female journalists, while profanely berating conservative officials and co-workers he deemed to be challenging his authority."

Trump campaign manager's behavior prompted staff concerns - POLITICO

Most excellent news. Yet more proof of the unraveling of his 'campaign' through rank incompetency.

But the True Believers will see this as somehow, magically, a positive development.

many campaigns make adjustments when things are not going well.
Trumps needed to do something and he did it.

we will see who he gets next and if that person can turn something around.
Clinton is an easier target than Obama.

maybe the first time an libertarian ctually has a shot at being president.
Gary Johnson is the nominee.

Yup.

"But a POLITICO investigation reveals that the incident was far from the first time in Lewandowski’s political career ― or even during the 2016 campaign ― that the intense, Red Bull-chugging operative has been accused of bullying and other inappropriate behavior.
In interviews with more than 20 sources who have dealt with Lewandowski during his nearly year-long tenure with the Trump campaign and in his previous job with the Koch brothers-backed advocacy group Americans for Prosperity, complaints emerged about Lewandowski being rough with reporters and sexually suggestive with female journalists, while profanely berating conservative officials and co-workers he deemed to be challenging his authority."

Trump campaign manager's behavior prompted staff concerns - POLITICO

Ok, but where are the,,"multiple assault charges"?

Ok, but where are the,,"multiple assault charges"?

While I am no fan of Trump and gleefully welcome his GOP candidacy as the just desserts the party deserves after sucking up to the tea party movement and the far right - I do think the so called assault by Lewandoski on a reporter was much ado about nothing and was no real assault at all. To his credit, Trump stuck by his manager through the episode and did not allow it to stamped him to a rash decision.

I simply think Lewandowski was now far too deep in waters he has never swum in before and Trump knew that.

While I am no fan of Trump and gleefully welcome his GOP candidacy as the just desserts the party deserves after sucking up to the tea party movement and the far right - I do think the so called assault by Lewandoski on a reporter was much ado about nothing and was no real assault at all. To his credit, Trump stuck by his manager through the episode and did not allow it to stamped him to a rash decision.

I simply think Lewandowski was now far too deep in waters he has never swum in before and Trump knew that.

That's a good, fairminded post. Bit, it doesn't a dress the, "multiple assault charges", allegation.

That's a good, fairminded post. Bit, it doesn't a dress the, "multiple assault charges", allegation.

To be fair, he didn't say multiple assault charges, he said in a bit of wordsmithing: "Multiple accounts of assault". That could mean that multiple people saw a single account or that there were reports of multiple instances. I see nothing legal in the choice of words.

Back
Top Bottom