• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Copy/Paste Problems

jambalaya

Cynical Optimist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What is the deal when for instance in the body of the text in this post I am not able to copy and paste? It seems to happen radomly. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't.

What is the deal when for instance in the body of the text in this post I am not able to copy and paste? It seems to happen radomly. Sometimes I can sometimes I can't.
Yikes, that is annoying - I use copy/paste all the time and unsure what I would do with out it.

What are you copy/paste from?
Does it work in quick reply, but not 'advanced' modes? vice versa...

Do you have WYSIWYG editor in your USER CP settings? Did you accidentally switch from WYSIWYG to 'source' mode? (top left button in advanced mode)

Which browser are you using?

Any additional details might help us find a solution. Sorry for all the crazy questions.

I am trying to copy past from quick reply usually but it happens in the advanced reply too.

I have the enhanced inteface activated. Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Using IE9

Windows 7 Professional

We have not had others step up with the same concerns. I will look at the bug reports to see if this a known issue.

People still use Internet Exploiter? :shock:

For any browse, MS Word, etc:

Select the text that you want to copy

Hit CTRL+C (this copies)

Select where you want to past the text

Hit CTRL+V (this will paste)

You can also use this to Copy and Paste links, etc.

Back
Top Bottom