• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cops: Tennessee shooter targeted white victims, similar to Dallas ambush

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has released the name of the suspect behind Thursday morning's random shooting in Bristol, TN that claimed the life of an area newspaper carrier and injured three others, including a local police officer.The TBI says 37-year-old Lakeem Keon Scott was armed with at least two weapons, an automatic-style rifle, a pistol and a large amount of ammunition, reports CBS statation WJHL in Tennessee.

According to the TBI, the victims were:

Jennifer Rooney ( A Bristol Herald Courier newspaper carrier) : Deceased after being shot driving in her vehicle on Volunteer Parkway.
Deborah Watts: In serious, but stable, condition at Bristol Regional Medical Center after being shot while working at the Days Inn.
David Whitman Davis: Received minor injuries at the scene after being injured by flying glass resulting from the gunfire.
Officer Matthew Cousins: Sustained a superficial wound to the leg. Was subsequently treated and released from BRMC.
Cops: Tennessee shooter targeted white victims, similar to Dallas ambush - CBS News

BLM stupidity is leading to bad, bad things. RIP ms Rooney, you are a victim of true hate and racism.

Cops: Tennessee shooter targeted white victims, similar to Dallas ambush - CBS News

BLM stupidity is leading to bad, bad things. RIP ms Rooney, you are a victim of true hate and racism.

The only really bad thing about BLM is that they seem to tolerate violence against LEOs and incitement of the same during their protests.

That's not a good policy for an organization, and really, if they had clamped down on that, there'd be far less animosity and more sympathy for them in the public.

Yeah, sure, after all is said and done, they'll come out and condemn the violence against LEOs, awfully late, but they don't prevent the incitement of the same even during their own protests. I think they'd be best served to clamp down on that, and hard, as a means to dissociate themselves from that.

The only really bad thing about BLM is that they seem to tolerate violence against LEOs and incitement of the same during their protests.

That's not a good policy for an organization, and really, if they had clamped down on that, there'd be far less animosity and more sympathy for them in the public.

Yeah, sure, after all is said and done, they'll come out and condemn the violence against LEOs, awfully late, but they don't prevent the incitement of the same even during their own protests. I think they'd be best served to clamp down on that, and hard, as a means to dissociate themselves from that.

I don't disagree with you for the most part but I don't believe that the true BLM members tolerate cop killing at all. However, like many other movements BLM has been hijacked by zealots who do and say things that are hard to separate from the core BLM members. Anyways, they have already condemned the shooting for what it's worth.

Last edited:

You got that right!

I don't disagree with you for the most part but I don't believe that the true BLM members tolerate cop killing at all. However, like many other movements BLM has been hijacked by zealots who do and say things that are hard to separate from the core BLM members. Anyways, they have already condoned the shooting for what it's worth.

I think that group will ultimately meet a violent end.

I don't disagree with you for the most part but I don't believe that the true BLM members tolerate cop killing at all. However, like many other movements BLM has been hijacked by zealots who do and say things that are hard to separate from the core BLM members. Anyways, they have already condoned the shooting for what it's worth.

Condoned or condemned?

Time to tool up. The BLM terrorists have gone operational.

Even then, they still do really stupid stuff. Here today they changed routes from what they approved with police to one that went right by an arena with 1000s of people leaving (timing is a bit iffy, so some may have got out prior but still), and trying to block traffic on a major US shipping route (I-10). Oh then people have the balls to complain that police used pepper spray when they approached the line despite being told they WEREN'T getting on the freeway.

Not to mention the narcissistic stuff they get into, or trying to disrupt Pride Parades, Political speeches, etc. Or the insanity of BLM campus groups advocating for segregation of all things in the name of "support." And yeah, they'd still be hated even if they clamped down on anti-LEO rhetoric.

Basically til they realize angering or annoying people who either support you, may support you, or just don't care, is a really bad idea, they'll struggle for sympathy (at least in a sane world, the way we are now I'm not sure that is the case).

He killed a lady delivering newspapers, and a lady at a Days Inn? Totally senseless, neither of these women deserved to die.

Re: Cops: Tennessee shooter targeted white victims, similar to Dallas ambush (1 of 2)

Even then, they still do really stupid stuff. Here today they changed routes from what they approved with police to one that went right by an arena with 1000s of people leaving (timing is a bit iffy, so some may have got out prior but still), and trying to block traffic on a major US shipping route (I-10). Oh then people have the balls to complain that police used pepper spray when they approached the line despite being told they WEREN'T getting on the freeway.

Not to mention the narcissistic stuff they get into, or trying to disrupt Pride Parades, Political speeches, etc. Or the insanity of BLM campus groups advocating for segregation of all things in the name of "support." And yeah, they'd still be hated even if they clamped down on anti-LEO rhetoric.

Basically til they realize angering or annoying people who either support you, may support you, or just don't care, is a really bad idea, they'll struggle for sympathy (at least in a sane world, the way we are now I'm not sure that is the case).

Agreed. Stupid stuff. "sympathy (at least in a sane world". Look at all the sympathy and support the Democratic primary candidates gave to BLM.

A law student posed the initial question to Sanders, who did not hesitate to respond “black lives matter.” Sanders then pointed to Sandra Bland’s death in jail, mass incarceration, and institutional racism. O’Malley, who apologized to the Black Lives Matter movement for saying “all lives matter” earlier this year, also stated firmly that black lives matter, and that the “movement is making is a very, very legitimate and serious point, and that is that as a nation we have undervalued the lives of black lives, people of color.”
How The Democratic Presidential Candidates Responded To The Black Lives Matter Question | ThinkProgress

O’Malley can't even get away with saying that the reasonable "all lives matter".

One can only conclude that the Democrat candidates support all of BLM's 'stupid stuff'.

If you recall, many from the left quote MotherJones as reliable news source. One might even say one of record.

Black Lives Matter Just Officially Became Part of the Democratic Primary
In August, the DNC passed a resolution declaring its support for the movement. Bernie Sanders introduced a criminal justice platform days after activists from the Black Lives Matter network, which was founded after the 2012 shooting of Trayvon Martin, interrupted him at a rally in Seattle over the summer. And members of the police-reform group Campaign Zero, which is also affiliated with the Black Lives Matter movement, introduced a well-received criminal justice policy agenda.

In one of several letters to leaders of the Black Lives Matter network and Campaign Zero, DNC Chief Executive Officer Amy K. Dacey wrote, "We believe that your organization would be an ideal host for a presidential candidate forum—where all of the Democratic candidates can showcase their ideas and policy positions that will expand opportunity for all, strengthen the middle class and address racism in America."

The letters, which were obtained by the Washington Post, come a day after leaders of the Black Lives Matter network called on the DNC to hold an additional debate focused exclusively on racial and criminal justice. "We deserve substantive responses and policy recommendations," Elle Hearns and two other leaders of the collective wrote in an online petition—which, just one day after it was posted, had garnered nearly 10,000 signatures.

http://tinyurl.com/onc9sjm

Re: Cops: Tennessee shooter targeted white victims, similar to Dallas ambush (1 of 2)

Here we have MotherJones claiming that BLM is IS part of the Democratic party. From this, one can only conclude that the Democratic party supports all of BLM's activities and position? Regardless of their impact?

But the most important BLM demand is the first: “End ‘broken windows’ policing.” The evidence is that this is already happening — at the cost of black lives.

Even the New York Times has noticed. So far this year, murders are up 76 percent in Milwaukee, 60 percent in St. Louis, 56 percent in Baltimore, and 44 percent in Washington, D.C.

While murders are up, arrests are down. There is, as Manhattan Institute scholar Heather Mac Donald writes, a “reluctance to act [that] is affecting police departments across the country, as virtually every tool in an officer’s tool chest — from traffic stops to public-order maintenance — is vilified as racist.”

Black Lives Matter's Agenda Increases Crime | National Review Online

And regardless of accuracy.

In response to the allegations of Black Lives Matter activists, the Washington Post launched an unprecedented, case-by-case study of police shootings. After a year of research, the data are in, and they confirm the conservative position: The police use force mainly to protect human life, the use of force against unarmed suspects is rare, and the use of force against black Americans is largely proportional to their share of the violent crime rate.

According the Post, as of December 24, American police had fatally shot 965 people in 2015. (The Guardian, in the midst of its own study, reports a slightly higher number of shootings). 564 of those killed were armed with a gun, 281 were armed with another weapon, and 90 were unarmed. In fully three-quarters of shootings, “police were under attack or defending someone who was.”
Study: Black Lives Matter Wrong about Police | National Review

This clown probably heard the,,"peaceful", protesters in Dallas yelling, "goddamn white America".

BLM can't distance themselves from the violence when they're constantly spewing violent rhetoric.

It certainly doesn't help when our idiot of an AG said that the anger is, "understandable and justified".

Time to tool up. The BLM terrorists have gone operational.

If you are going to **** your pants in fear, you might want to get the facts straight first before you do so.

This clown probably heard the,,"peaceful", protesters in Dallas yelling, "goddamn white America".

BLM can't distance themselves from the violence when they're constantly spewing violent rhetoric.

It certainly doesn't help when our idiot of an AG said that the anger is, "understandable and justified".

The anger may very well be understandable and justified, but that doesn't mean that constantly spewing violent rhetoric is acceptable, nor should it be considered as acceptable. Nor does this justified anger excuse the constant spewing violent rhetoric, especially when this constantly spewing violent rhetoric is calling for the deaths of cops.

If you are going to **** your pants in fear, you might want to get the facts straight first before you do so.

How are my facts wrong?

The anger may very well be understandable and justified, but that doesn't mean that constantly spewing violent rhetoric is acceptable, nor should it be considered as acceptable. Nor does this justified anger excuse the constant spewing violent rhetoric, especially when this constantly spewing violent rhetoric is calling for the deaths of cops.

The anger isn't justified. It's just another crisis to manipulate. There isn't a war on black folks. Millions of black folks go about their business everyday without any fear of being shot by the police. Black folks who haven't had 52 traffic stop like Catille and don't have a history of violence like Sterling.

Not all of them are murdered.

You are right. Some people shot by the police give the officer no choice but to use deadly force. I am talking about the one's shot to death in their car or those wrestled to the ground and choked, etc.

You are right. Some people shot by the police give the officer no choice but to use deadly force. I am talking about the one's shot to death in their car or those wrestled to the ground and choked, etc.

Most of those incidents are a result of violence by the suspect. The narrative is driven by left lies, like a black person being choked to death. That didn't happen. Hands up, don't shoot is another lie. These lies motivate these BLM terrorists to act, just like, "goddamn white America", motivated the BLM terrorists. The people who repeat the see lies and rhetoric are as responsible as the terrorists for these terrorist attacks.

Most of those incidents are a result of violence by the suspect. The narrative is driven by left lies, like a black person being choked to death. That didn't happen. Hands up, don't shoot is another lie. These lies motivate these BLM terrorists to act, just like, "goddamn white America", motivated the BLM terrorists. The people who repeat the see lies and rhetoric are as responsible as the terrorists for these terrorist attacks.

If you think all these death are justified, we don't have anything else to discuss concerning this matter.

I don't disagree with you for the most part but I don't believe that the true BLM members tolerate cop killing at all. However, like many other movements BLM has been hijacked by zealots who do and say things that are hard to separate from the core BLM members. Anyways, they have already condemned the shooting for what it's worth.

You mean this condemnation? Yeah, it ain't worth two ****s. :roll:

"Black Lives Matter doesn't condone shooting law enforcement. But I have to be honest: I understand why it was done," Maejor said. "I don't encourage it, I don't condone it, I don't justify it. But I understand it."

The anger isn't justified. It's just another crisis to manipulate. There isn't a war on black folks. Millions of black folks go about their business everyday without any fear of being shot by the police. Black folks who haven't had 52 traffic stop like Catille and don't have a history of violence like Sterling.

OK. The anger isn't justified, and Lynch is incorrect when she states it is.

Seems the epitome of peaceful and highly effective demonstrations where the ones held by MLK. Perhaps BLM should adopt this as a model and emulate it, if they are serious about making a permanent change. I don't recall any of those demonstrations calling for the execution of cops, but I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom