• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cops Taking Property From The Innocent Is “Legitimate,” South Carolina Supreme Court Rules

aociswundumho

Capitalist Pig
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Worse, state law provides a powerfully perverse incentive to police for profit. Once a property has been forfeited, the seizing agency keeps the first $1,000 and then 75% of the remainder. Prosecutors receive 20%, while a mere 5% is sent to the general fund. Since 2009, law enforcement has generated nearly $97 million in state forfeiture revenue.

Government is nothing but a criminal organization.

police gang.jpg

View attachment 67414118
I have looked into this a bit as well. I wouldn't frame it as a "Government" being a criminal organization but it is a problem in some districts.

Quite troubling.

That is one of the things I didn't like when Trump appointed Sessions as AG. Sessions has been spearheading this stop and seize type policing in the south for years. Glad he didn't last long.

It’s up to the South Carolina electorate to push their reps to change this Procrustean law.

Oh, for goodness' sake!

Yes, there are a lot of corrupt cops.

But I bet you dollars to donuts a lot of Asians and Jewish people are more afraid of certain young gentlemen who beat the blank out of them on the sidewalk or on the subway than they are of crooked cops.

I'm always amazed civil asset forfeiture is a thing.
It should be stopped and any money taken from innocent people returned with interest.

The public should not fear having their stuff taken from them just because the police decided to talk to them and they've done nothing wrong.

View attachment 67414118
It would probably be more helpful to your cause if you pointed out that specifically, it is the american government that is a criminal organisation rather than government itself is a criminal organisation.

It would probably be more helpful to your cause if you pointed out that specifically, it is the american government that is a criminal organisation rather than government itself is a criminal organisation.

The US probably has the best government on the planet. It's the only government I am aware of that allows true free speech and trusts the people it rules over with firearms.

The US probably has the best government on the planet. It's the only government I am aware of that allows true free speech and trusts the people it rules over with firearms.
True free speech! I would have to agree. Yours is the only country that has true free speech. If one considers stupidity a right.

How ironic that the main reason for a citizen to keep a gun is because they in turn do not trust the government, And that for you passes as a best approach to government.

The biggest criminal organization in America is the American Government... and they have their shoot people and take their things enforcers hurting innocent people.

Back
Top Bottom