• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Copa America

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
if I looked right it appears the US team hasn't beat Columbia since 2005. Need to have a good match tonight.

Already 1-0 Columbia.

That penalty was bull****.

Very low scoring games.. and ffs so late late on TV...

Seems like the big guns don't care about this one.

If last year I still forced myself to stay up late to watch at least two games this time I just cannot bring myself to care, with the Euros behind the corner and the current level of the Copa teams.

Yeah, Copa America is a joke this year. Personally don't care. Not my measuring stick of USMNT right now.

Quite boring so far. Uruguay are a joke compared to what they once were. Brazil far from entertaining too.

No more giving up on sleep hours for this bull**** :naughty

Because it is not a real Copa America and there are the Olympics coming up.

Also the timing of games does not help. I would really love to watch the games, but 4 am games for the big nations is just... nooo.

Good win by USA. These copa teams overall though are lacking.

Sent from my SM-G920K using Tapatalk

Because it is not a real Copa America and there are the Olympics coming up.

Also the timing of games does not help. I would really love to watch the games, but 4 am games for the big nations is just... nooo.

Don't matter if it's real copa. The regular tournament sees top players calling in sick regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't matter if it's real copa. The regular tournament sees top players calling in sick regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never heard that before. Copa America is the second biggest thing after the World Cup in South America... well the Olympics in South America has it beat this year.

never heard that before. Copa America is the second biggest thing after the World Cup in South America... well the Olympics in South America has it beat this year.

It looks like the Americans are through to the quarter-finals. Can't say I expected that.

It looks like the Americans are through to the quarter-finals. Can't say I expected that.

Why on earth not? The US is a damn good team these days. Quater finals was the minimum they should achieve.. hell Semi Finals imo.

Why on earth not? The US is a damn good team these days. Quater finals was the minimum they should achieve.. hell Semi Finals imo.

Brazil didn't advance.

yep... but the Peru goal should not have counted.

Yeah, but I'd rather have us playing Ecuador than Brazil or Peru.

yep... but the Peru goal should not have counted.

doesn't matter, brazil didn't deserve to advance

a win vs haiti and two 0 goal efforts vs ecuador and peru...

brazil's decades of being on top are over. I wonder if they'll even qualify for the world cup

Plus, Ecuador had a legit goal against Brazil disallowed too so it all balanced out.

Mexico got absolutely crushed.

Sad days ahead for El Tri.

Argentina have to be the biggest losers ever. They have to.

Argentina have to be the biggest losers ever. They have to.

Naw that is still Spain and England. Argentina has historically actually won stuff, several times. Now Spain until recently, and England still...

Naw that is still Spain and England. Argentina has historically actually won stuff, several times. Now Spain until recently, and England still...

1990, 2004, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016. Six last times Argentina are in the finals of the WC/CA, six times they're losing. Don't think there's anything that comes close to that.
And in 2011 they were hosting the Copa and lost in the QF.

Back
Top Bottom