• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop who killed teenager Ma’Khia Bryant won't face charges

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Good. This was a just shooting, seeing as Bryant was attempting to stab someone.

Good. This was a just shooting, seeing as Bryant was attempting to stab someone.
From what I saw of the video it wasn’t even look like a close call. Surprised it took so long to exonerate him.

Justice occasionally wins even in this kind of case.

The police officer was in a no-win situation.

If he shot her (as he did), the activists would try to make this an ethnic issue.

If he had NOT done anything, the activists would have yelled, "The cop did not care about protecting the girl who was being threatened because of her ethnicity!!!"

Will the deceased girl's parents receive a payout? I hope not.

I too am somewhat surprised that it took so long.

However, I am in favor of due diligence in investigating the death of a child.

I gather the internal investigation into whether the officer acted with departmental guidelines is still open.

For some reason this is not deemed open-and-shut. I'm okay with more care being given rather than less in such a serious matter.

Poor Officer, forced to shoot a minor girl like that.
He'll be scarred for life. Hope he is able to continue on the job and doesnt end up eating his gun himself.

I take no joy in seeing anyone shot and killed but he did the right thing.

From what I saw of the video it wasn’t even look like a close call. Surprised it took so long to exonerate him.
You should be surprised that he isn't in prison. He killed a black kid and that, under any and all circumstances, is reason enough to prosecute in most of these cities. The prevailing legal paradigm is that all cops are death machines aimed at blacks and that all blacks are incapable of living up to the same social standards we expect of whites because society as a whole has been intentionally constructed to deny them access to even the most basic of human rights.

I remember the good old days when cops reached for their pistols as a last resort.

The family complaining in instances like this always piss me off... instead of being upset at the cop for shooting your child you should be ****ing disgusted with your child for trying to stab and kill people. If my daughter had done that and lived I would never talk to her again.

I remember the good old days when cops reached for their pistols as a last resort.
Like this case with an out of control girl with a knife and a man kicking a girl that is on the ground?

What do you want? Some prayer hymns and hand holding? and cops back in the day shot first and shot some more...

You should be surprised that he isn't in prison. He killed a black kid and that, under any and all circumstances, is reason enough to prosecute in most of these cities. The prevailing legal paradigm is that all cops are death machines aimed at blacks and that all blacks are incapable of living up to the same social standards we expect of whites because society as a whole has been intentionally constructed to deny them access to even the most basic of human rights.

Why would you write that when the decision in the OP clearly proves you're wrong? :rolleyes:

Jeebus, Mary, and Joe Cocker.

The family complaining in instances like this always piss me off... instead of being upset at the cop for shooting your child you should be ****ing disgusted with your child for trying to stab and kill people. If my daughter had done that and lived I would never talk to her again.

Sadly, there were no 'families,' these girls were in a foster home.

A relative did say "There should have been other non-deadly options available to deal with this situation," they said in a statement. Yeah, the family could have provided a home so she wasnt in foster care.

Or in this specific case, it was China's NBA spokesperson LeBron James' premature complaining that pissed people off.
I had forgotten about that. James is a guy that tries to do the right thing but shit like this is just not acceptable:

James sparked controversy April 21 when he tweeted a picture of Columbus Police Officer Nicholas Reardon, who shot Bryant, along with the ominous-sounding caption, “YOU’RE NEXT.”

He later deleted the tweet amid a backlash, saying he took it down because it was “being used to create more hate.”

After posting basically an assassination request against the cop he takes it down, probably because of the FBI, and says that the tweet was being used to create hate. Not that he threatened the life of a person... but that others were using it to be hateful.

What a moron.

Or in this specific case, it was China's NBA spokesperson LeBron James' premature complaining that pissed people off.

I generally like LeBron, he's done a lot for the kids of Akron and Cleveland and is mostly a good role model, but yeah I sure hope he learned something from that. I dont think he did, but maybe he did.

Just keep dribbling LeBron, and try to pass the ball every now and then.

Why would you write that when the decision in the OP clearly proves you're wrong? :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. His argument is already buried by the fact there won't be any charges.

Lutherf trolls like this five times a day because the moderators don't seem to actually give a shit about the trolling rule

Man, you just live to shit on things for your own partisan ends.

You really have to wonder sometimes. What motivates a person to rape every single tragedy that gets posted about in order to shit on their political enemies. Just look at @Lutherf's comment. It's not like "gee, maybe we shouldn't have 100 round magazines" after some latest mass shooting.

This situation was a tragedy. Nothing about the fact that it was a good shoot makes it any less of a tragedy; tragic she was raised without the help she obviously needed; tragic none of the adults could or did step in to defuse things in time; tragic that that cop has to now live with killing a young girl (even if it was, again, a good shoot). The whole thing is a tragedy. What's that get turned into?

Rank partisan hatred. Palpable malice. And it's written in a tone that simultaneously suggests aggrievement* and that he thinks he's being humorous at the same time with his attack on imagined political enemies.

How do you look at a tragic story about a broken foster kid shot dead and think "score! I'm totally owning the libs with this one!"? But then, I should know better than asking someone who voted for Trump. This guy cheered when we permanently traumatized kids by permanently disappearing their parents in punishment for following US asylum law and presenting at the border.

🤷

I keep telling you folks, Trumpism is evil to its core. The kind of thing that can make an agnostic wish he was wrong about reality because if he's wrong, maybe there will be an opportunity for people to see just how wrong they've been one day and - here's the best part - to find it truly impossible to lie their way out of.

* The worst kind of aggrievement in history: middle class white male christian aggrievement, fake to its core.

He saved the life of the other girl.
Officer did what he had to do.
Police officers, the thin blue line.

Back
Top Bottom