• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop says, "Keep walking"

Because I am not only on the side of People's Rights but I am an American. I feel like I have told you this a few times.

A couple of dozen times, actually.

LOL. I have done more for the Maori than you have ever done for African Americans. Hell, I have done more for them than you as well...
Shouldered the white man's burden. Rudyard would smile.

Hmmmmm.

When a cop tells me to "keep walking"...I simply keep walking. It doesnt seem real complicated, and yet some cant grasp simple English...LOL.
And I have a 100% success rate never being beaten, shot, tazed, or otherwise mishandled by Law Enforcement.

I have a feeling that the guy here in this vid was looking for a Thug Lotto Payout. Glad to see it didnt work.
I would tend to do the same because I don't know what they are doing at that moment and if somebody is going to shoot at a cop, I don't want to be in the line of fire.

I would tend to do the same because I don't know what they are doing at that moment and if somebody is going to shoot at a cop, I don't want to be in the line of fire.
I would keep walking too... unless I was videoing and especially live streaming. I would be too afraid that an asshole that told me to keep walking would not be shy about violating my rights or even falsely arresting me and perhaps beating me up. Guys who say keep walking are power tripping. Any guy that does not know that is a guy that has lived a pretty peaceful and uneventful little life.

what does THAT have to do with anything, other than taking a backward swipe at Canada?
Welp if you read the entire context of my post you wouldn't have thought that.
LOL, looking bad to those who want to see bad, other people will simply see a jerk making an ass out of himself, you DO know that everyone is going to have a different perspective, and not necessarily yours.
Right back at you. I mean FFS this is how conversations usually work we have unique opinions, chill dude.
THAT part is absolutely true, OR these cops had the training but didn't follow it: but I still wonder what the argument would have been if the cops had said please and they guy with the camera still persisting in being in their faces?
Seems pretty obvious that most people would think that the guy was just being a dick if the cops respected the constitution and law. But that is not what happened.

I would keep walking too... unless I was videoing and especially live streaming. I would be too afraid that an asshole that told me to keep walking would not be shy about violating my rights or even falsely arresting me and perhaps beating me up. Guys who say keep walking are power tripping. Any guy that does not know that is a guy that has lived a pretty peaceful and uneventful little life.
Actually, if someone hit on my wife and I told them to keep walking, it is not because I am on a power trip. It is because personal space is being invaded.

Also, If you're that afraid of the cop beating you up Mr. Live Streamer, just walk away and keep the camera on them as you are walking away. Not too hard for most people to do.

Also, just because you are live streaming, does not mean you are immune to any consequences. All actions have consequences, whether they are warranted or not. "Look at me. I am live streaming. I am the most important person in the world."

Actually, if someone hit on my wife and I told them to keep walking, it is not because I am on a power trip. It is because personal space is being invaded.
Out of context... we are talking about a cop... not some guy who thinks she will prefer him to you.
Also, If you're that afraid of the cop beating you up
I am not.
Mr. Live Streamer,
I am not.
just walk away and keep the camera on them as you are walking away.
I have never encountered a person telling me to keep on walking.
Not too hard for most people to do.
Still not talking about the actual incident... good for you, duck, weave, move goal posts. Well done.
Also, just because you are live streaming,
I have never done that. I don't even know how you would do it.
does not mean you are immune to any consequences.
Brilliant. State the obvious.
All actions have consequences,
Holy Shit. You might be able to copyright that and make billions.
whether they are warranted or not. "Look at me. I am live streaming. I am the most important person in the world."
Do you feel insignificant? Is this a cry for attention?

Well, this is an inaccurate and fairly stupid post from top to bottom... please continue.

Last edited:
I have never encountered a person telling me to keep on walking.
That is because you don't go around pointing cameras in people's faces. Go ahead... make a video where you are following people around with a camera in their face for a while, and see what happens. Post it here on DP. You don't even have to show your face. Then let's discuss.

That is because you don't go around pointing cameras in people's faces. Go ahead... make a video where you are following people around with a camera in their face for a while, and see what happens. Post it here on DP. You don't even have to show your face. Then let's discuss.
The police doing their job in public and not regular people that you are just following around. Regular people can not order people around, detain them, arrest them, use violence or shoot them, legally in almost all cases. Maybe it is because I worked in hospitality but having people watch you while you work in front of people is not a big deal. If waiters can deal with it then cops can too... Come up with a better analogy. Doubt you can but you should try.

The police doing their job in public and not regular people that you are just following around. Regular people can not order people around, detain them, arrest them, use violence or shoot them, legally in almost all cases. Maybe it is because I worked in hospitality but having people watch you while you work in front of people is not a big deal. If waiters can deal with it then cops can too... Come up with a better analogy. Doubt you can but you should try.
Cop, waiter, it makes no difference. They are both jobs. One is definitely more dangerous than the other, and also has a degree of power, but at its core, they are simply both jobs. Both are getting paid to do a service. Both also have a degree of risk. Wait staff have been seen spitting in food for example. Yet we can't go into kitchens to film them now can we?

In your video posted, the cops were doing their job (inquiring about a person acting suspiciously) while the cameraman was clearly saying things for the purpose of clicks on his YouTube channel. He even said at the beginning that he was traveling to a city for the specific purpose of filming cops, then immediately plugging a company that he has as a sponsor. He is not some guy trying to make a difference, he is just trying to make money off of YouTube and sponsors. If you TRULY want to make a difference in policing, a difference that can actually be seen, how about you (and when I say "you" i mean anyone who hides behind a camera or a keyboard without even giving a real name) become a cop, and affect real change from the inside.

Cop, waiter, it makes no difference. They are both jobs. One is definitely more dangerous than the other, and also has a degree of power, but at its core, they are simply both jobs. Both are getting paid to do a service. Both also have a degree of risk. Wait staff have been seen spitting in food for example. Yet we can't go into kitchens to film them now can we?
I am not sure why you keep ignoring this fact: Police are Civil Servants.
In your video posted, the cops were doing their job (inquiring about a person acting suspiciously) while the cameraman was clearly saying things for the purpose of clicks on his YouTube channel. He even said at the beginning that he was traveling to a city for the specific purpose of filming cops, then immediately plugging a company that he has as a sponsor. He is not some guy trying to make a difference, he is just trying to make money off of YouTube and sponsors. If you TRULY want to make a difference in policing, a difference that can actually be seen, how about you (and when I say "you" i mean anyone who hides behind a camera or a keyboard without even giving a real name) become a cop, and affect real change from the inside.
So the only way to try and make a difference is to go out and do what the corrupt do and change it from the inside? Problem with bankers... become a banker or shut up? That is your argument? Don't think cops should be violating people's rights then become a cop? That is ridiculous.

It also sounds like you don't like capitalism. Lots of people make a buck by doing what they love and by trying to help other people.

I am not sure why you keep ignoring this fact: Police are Civil Servants.

So the only way to try and make a difference is to go out and do what the corrupt do and change it from the inside? Problem with bankers... become a banker or shut up? That is your argument? Don't think cops should be violating people's rights then become a cop? That is ridiculous.

It also sounds like you don't like capitalism. Lots of people make a buck by doing what they love and by trying to help other people.
If he was doing it to help people I have no problem with it. Problem is I do not think he is doing it to help people. I think he is an attention whore... but I am jaded when it comes to things like that.

As far as my argument about going into the industry? Not all bankers are corrupt. Not all officers are racist and bad. Protests by themselves do absolutely nothing. It takes people in positions of power to make real change. So yes, if you do not want cops violating people's rights, the best way to stop that is to get into a position of power in that industry and affect real change. People can protest all they want, but if the people in power don't implement regulations that cause cops with these tendencies to get hired, protests do Jack shit. All the George Floyd protests have done is raise awareness. It takes real action for things to change.

All the George Floyd protests have done is raise awareness. It takes real action for things to change.

Meh.

I don't mind when bad things happen to the George Floyds of the world quite frankly.
Its what I call "addition by subtraction".

Best way to "affect change".....stop breaking laws and committing crimes. If Floyd had been a guy with too many parking tickets it would be one thing. I might care.

But he was just a low life career violent criminal, the type of TURD that would have no qualms at all with breaking into a persons residence and killing them.
I dont mind at all if the Geo Floyds of the world have a bad time. I prefer it actually.

He never should have died the way that he did, and he never would have if he had simply refrained from being a degenerate.

You know what I always say Don: NO GREAT LOSS. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom