• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop passed out drunk while on dutry in car?

Do you charge a drunk, passed out cop while ON DUTY IN HIS POLICE CAR?

• Total voters
Are we tired of news from Ukraine already?

The drunk needs to be disciplined.
Time to move on to more important matters.
Wish we were tired of news from Ukraine already and because it was news of nothing happening out of the ordinary!

The apparent alcoholic officer needs to be removed from active police work and sent to rehab and if allowed back on duty assigned to desk duty for the foreseeable future.

Drinking and driving is a felony offense.

Cops should not be cops if they are convicted of a felony

Not in the states. Most DUI cases fall under misdemeanors unless there is serious injury or death involved and then even the first offense would fall under a felony.

I don't think anyone should be charged for being drunk in a stationary car. If they're not driving and they're not throwing bottles at passers-by, it's the most responsible way to sober up.

He should however be fired, for being drunk on duty.

I don't think anyone should be charged for being drunk in a stationary car. If they're not driving and they're not throwing bottles at passers-by, it's the most responsible way to sober up.

He should however be fired, for being drunk on duty.

The problem is he was blocking traffic lanes, so that pretty much points to him driving while intoxicated, not merely parked on the side of the road. When the cops arrived his vehicle was still running and they had to break a window to get in.

po.png
co 2.png

I don’t think the man should get off without any repercussions, I do not know about his history if there is a pattern of this behavior then maybe termination is in order. If This is the first time then maybe desk duty and rehabilitation is a better solution. That is on top of any and all legal repercussions that anyone else would suffer. If the legal consequences result in termination then that’s how it rolls.
THat

Back
Top Bottom