• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop kills unarmed African-American student athlete[W:360]

Re: Cop kills unarmed African-American student athlete

Which ignores the entirety of your original point in posting it: About lack of humanity and go on to suggest the incident was intentional.

So is this another blame it on human error response?

So is this another blame it on human error response?

Nothing posted here indicates it was intentional ...

Nothing posted here indicates it was intentional ...

"Personally this event has weighed heavily on me since it occurred. It is always a tragedy when a human life is lost," said Chief of Police William Ridgway. " On May 31 I was shown the video of the incident. I determined that the actions taken did not meet our internal standards. I terminated the probationary employment status of Officer Harris on that same day."

Ridgway continued, saying Harris' actions were not "consistent with our department's training, directives or accepted practices or techniques."

Family releases dash camera video from police officer who killed Marlon Brown | News - Home

"The department cited a “violation in police pursuit policy” as the reason for Harris’s termination."

» Police Run Over, Kill Man For Seatbelt Violation Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

This is from the transcripts:

"Now Marlin has an arrest record a mile long: more than two dozen arrests over 20 years. Friends say he might have been running from police because he was driving without a valid driver`s license, and he was afraid to go back to jail."

CNN.com - Transcripts

Grant it, Brown had a long arrest record and like most felons who fear going back to jail this tends to be the initial reaction.

CRUMP: "He went around those officers, went in the back yard through a vegetable garden at a high rate of speed. And you determine whether he revved up that engine or not with the intent of getting Marlin Brown. We don`t understand how this is not vehicular manslaughter."

In Florida, there`s two types of negligence. You have accidental negligence, and you have criminal negligence. And here, you have a videotape. A jury should be able to evaluate this videotape and decide whether or not this officer`s actions were wanton and reckless. And what you see is that you see one officer stopped, and you see this officer never slow down and go into someone`s yard, hits a guy and knocks over a fence. That is a real -- that is recklessness.

LEIBERMAN: Well, let me say this. Look, it`s a tragedy all the way around. I mean, this man should not be dead. We should not be talking about this. And this officer was fired, because the officer did not follow protocol. This officer was not the primary car on scene. He was actually the secondary car, and he passed the primary police car in order to continue this chase.

CNN.com - Transcripts

"Personally this event has weighed heavily on me since it occurred. It is always a tragedy when a human life is lost," said Chief of Police William Ridgway. " On May 31 I was shown the video of the incident. I determined that the actions taken did not meet our internal standards. I terminated the probationary employment status of Officer Harris on that same day."

What about that quote suggests it was intentional? Actions "not meet(ing) our internal standards" could just as easily mean the guy was a ****ing idiot for driving that close to a person, especially under those conditions

the same is true of every other quote you posted.

PS posting accusations from Crump as evidence of anything is pretty laughable.

What about that quote suggests it was intentional? Actions "not meet(ing) our internal standards" could just as easily mean the guy was a ****ing idiot for driving that close to a person, especially under those conditions

the same is true of every other quote you posted.

PS posting accusations from Crump as evidence of anything is pretty laughable.

My point in all this was to suggest that intention or not, it was reckless. That is something you don't do as a police office and his department even said his tactics were not mandated by the department. I posted CRUMP because I found the quote to be dead on. There is really nothing more to disagree here because both cops were negligent in the line of duty.

My point in all this was to suggest that intention or not, it was reckless.

Ugh, no, you originally suggested it was intentional. In fact, in response to me pointing this out earlier, you made a sarcastic remark about it being "another blame it on human error response". Then when I went on to point out nothing indicated it was intentional like you were obviously suggesting, you listed the above quotes in an attempt to undermine that statement.

So not only do you seemingly struggle with the English language, you are apparently a blatant liar, as well.

"But I have Q as my avatar", right bro? Which means you're as slick as slug

*revokes race card*

Back
Top Bottom