• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop gets served a sandwich with ground glass in it.

Enola

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...f-glass-in-sandwich-from-columbus-restaurant/

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) — A Columbus police officer was rushed to the hospital after officials say he cut his mouth after biting into a sandwich, which contained several shards of glass from a restaurant on East Long Street Monday afternoon.
The officer was taken to Grant Medical Center around 3 p.m. where he’s being held overnight. The officer is expected to be okay, according to investigators.
Police say the officer bit into the sandwich and felt what was a grisly texture as well as a crunching sound. When he looked into the sandwich, he saw the glass. When he checked his mouth, he saw it was bleeding. (read more with video report).

I hope this restaurant gets shut down and the perp that did it thrown in jail for attempted murder since eating glass can kill you.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...f-glass-in-sandwich-from-columbus-restaurant/

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) — A Columbus police officer was rushed to the hospital after officials say he cut his mouth after biting into a sandwich, which contained several shards of glass from a restaurant on East Long Street Monday afternoon.
The officer was taken to Grant Medical Center around 3 p.m. where he’s being held overnight. The officer is expected to be okay, according to investigators.
Police say the officer bit into the sandwich and felt what was a grisly texture as well as a crunching sound. When he looked into the sandwich, he saw the glass. When he checked his mouth, he saw it was bleeding. (read more with video report).

I hope this restaurant gets shut down and the perp that did it thrown in jail for attempted murder since eating glass can kill you.

As the local source(hint: the link to it is in your post), the police say there is no reason to think it was intentional. Is jumping to conclusions a good source of excersize for you?

I hate when Im making a sandwich and enough glass falls into to cause oral bleeding and necessitate a trip to the ER. Just hate it.

Plus, crushed glass is so prevalent in commercial kitchens ( its literally all over the place ) that its nearly impossible to keep it out of the customers food, especially when those customers are law enforcement officers.

Anyone who thinks this was a accident is fooling themselves.

I hate when Im making a sandwich and enough glass falls into to cause oral bleeding and necessitate a trip to the ER. Just hate it.

Plus, crushed glass is so prevalent in commercial kitchens ( its literally all over the place ) that its nearly impossible to keep it out of the customers food, especially when those customers are law enforcement officers.

Well obviously this could not have been intentional. It's not like anyone's out to just hurt cops or anything.

As the local source(hint: the link to it is in your post), the police say there is no reason to think it was intentional. Is jumping to conclusions a good source of excersize for you?

I read the article, and have to say that story is one of the strangest I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm not saying it isn't true, it's just way the heck out there - glass just got into the sandwich from several plates that had chips out of them and there were glass shards under the drying rack? The glass got from under the drying rack to his sandwich?

Maybe it's true, and I guess it doesn't matter now since the cops investigated and said it wasn't intentional, but... Wow. Strange.

I read the article, and have to say that story is one of the strangest I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm not saying it isn't true, it's just way the heck out there - glass just got into the sandwich from several plates that had chips out of them and there were glass shards under the drying rack? The glass got from under the drying rack to his sandwich?

Maybe it's true, and I guess it doesn't matter now since the cops investigated and said it wasn't intentional, but... Wow. Strange.

What? You've never had glass in your food before?

Happens to me all the time, let me tell you.

We live in a world filled with hateful awful people. I hope he sues the restaurant owner out of business and that they're able to discern who did that so that person can be sued AND go to jail. Enough of this ****.

What? You've never had glass in your food before?

Happens to me all the time, let me tell you.

I actually had lunch with someone who ordered a salad, took a bite then pulled a large piece of broken glass out of her mouth. She wasn't hurt, fortunately. Bad as that is, I could buy that a large piece of glass was accidental, ground up glass makes this suspicious to me. Who has ground glass just laying around?

Cops would have said if it was intentional. I suspect this really was just a weird story.

Well obviously this could not have been intentional. It's not like anyone's out to just hurt cops or anything.

Good thing no one is saying it could not be intentional. What are you going to make up next to argue against?

"not intentional"?

Like hell. Any other day i'd probably believe that. But with the hostility towards police at an all-time high these days...

This restaurant should be shuttered until they find out who did it.

How many times have you found glass in your food?

"not intentional"?

Like hell. Any other day i'd probably believe that. But with the hostility towards police at an all-time high these days...

This restaurant should be shuttered until they find out who did it.

I'd never buy it. Glass doesn't accidently fall into a sandwich.

So a restaurant accidentally fed glass to someone and that's okay because it was an accident?

Don't think so. It's only just marginally less horrid . . . or worse . . . who else have they accidentally fed glass to? If they aren't watching their food then what the hell are they doing in there? Other than letting the Babadook cook for them.

If purposeful, someone needs to go to jail for that.

I actually had lunch with someone who ordered a salad, took a bite then pulled a large piece of broken glass out of her mouth. She wasn't hurt, fortunately. Bad as that is, I could buy that a large piece of glass was accidental, ground up glass makes this suspicious to me. Who has ground glass just laying around?

Have you ever broken a big sheet of glass before ?

It shatters into thousands of pieces that fly in all sorts of directions, hiding in every nook they can find. Clean it out three or four times and you'll still find broken glass in corners and behind objects.

Frankly, presuming that this was wholly intentional seems ... Presumptuous.

So the cops investigating it are fooling themselves?

So a restaurant accidentally fed glass to someone and that's okay because it was an accident?

Don't think so. It's only just marginally less horrid . . . or worse . . . who else have they accidentally fed glass to? If they aren't watching their food then what the hell are they doing in there? Other than letting the Babadook cook for them.

It's the difference between a criminal charge and a civil suit. Health inspector definitely needs to look at the place if it wasn't intentional.

In some countries, glass is a delicacy.

LMAO good grief people . . doesnt anybody ever look into things they read here or just go off on irrational melt downs and ranting.

first and for most, if somethign like this was ever done on purpose I would support full charges including felony assault and even attempted homicide.

that being said when you dont just read the linked loony biased website and click on the SOURCE news you find this info and this title.

Columbus police officer hospitalized after glass found in sandwich | WSYX
Police: Don't believe glass in officer's sandwich was intentional

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- A Columbus police officer was rushed to the hospital after officials say he cut his mouth after biting into a sandwich, which contained several shards of glass from an east Columbus restaurant Monday afternoon.Quoc Nguyen, an officer in the 15th precinct, was taken to Grant Medical Center by his partner around 3 p.m. where he underwent several tests and was held overnight. He was treated, released and said to be okay, according to investigators.Police say the officer bit into the sandwich and felt a grisly texture as well as a crunching sound. When he looked into the sandwich, he saw the glass. When he checked his mouth, he saw it was bleeding.

The restaurant was subsequently shut down as assault squad investigators conducted interviews. Detectives said at this point in the investigation, there is no reason to believe it was intentional. Columbus Public Health officials said they inspected the food and spoke with the person who served the sandwich on Tuesday. They didn't find anything wrong with the food, but found several glass plates with chips on the rim and four small pieces of clear broken glass under the drying rack.

ANyway, if the DETECTIVES don't think it was intentional I believe them. "IF" that changes and its found out it was then throw the book at the person responsible.

Wow more evidence of exactly what I said about FLUFF and HYPE. LMAO

more sources:
Columbus Police Officer hospitalized after biting into glass in sandwich

Last edited:
I looked up "gullible" in the dictionary. There was a picture of Buddy Christ. Weird.

We live in a world filled with hateful awful people. I hope he sues the restaurant owner out of business and that they're able to discern who did that so that person can be sued AND go to jail. Enough of this ****.

The sandwich maker (if intentional) will go to jail and purposeful or not, the officer will get medical treatment and unemployment/disability insurance from his work for missed days, and the insurance provider for the city will probably settle with the insurance provider of the Restaurant for what they paid to their benificiary (the officer)

most likely is what will happen.

Can you show where I said it was ok? Thank you in advance.

And don't you hate it when the glass winds up in only one sandwich giving the distinct impression that it was intentional?

Back
Top Bottom