• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop attacked, DOES NOT use gun

Link didn’t work for me. Here is the YouTube video.

That is the kind of person we want in uniform. Somebody who can read a situation, is courageous, and uses the minimum force necessary for the task at hand. Based on this video at least.

His Sparta kicks are pretty good.

And there are plenty of tough situations that do require someone being shot to death.

That may be. But the rate of wrongful shootings (and I don't mean "wrongful" as in whether the police investigated themselves then declared themselves justified) is far too high for my comfort.

If they need better training, pay, etc., to attract better people, fine. But they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, since they have the power of life and death, the power to order us to get out of or into vehicles, to stop in our tracks and drop trou for an invasive ballsack molestation (aka, 'drug search'), as well as a ton of other powers over us.

We want more cops like this, and none of the ones whose first move seems to be to start blasting away at anything that scares them.

All that said, I'm also not inclined to shower praise on a cop who does the tough job he signed up for properly.

That's like praising me because I managed to argue a case without lying to the court; it's absurd. No, it's the other way around. I lie to the court, I get disbarred, or perhaps if I've never done anything wrong, suspended for a long time. Depending on the circumstance and the specific misbehavior, criminal charges on top.

That is the way it should be.

That may be. But the rate of wrongful shootings (and I don't mean "wrongful" as in whether the police investigated themselves then declared themselves justified) is far too high for my comfort.

For example?

If they need better training, pay, etc., to attract better people, fine. But they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, since they have the power of life and death, the power to order us to get out of or into vehicles, to stop in our tracks and drop trou for an invasive ballsack molestation (aka, 'drug search'), as well as a ton of other powers over us.

We want more cops like this, and none of the ones whose first move seems to be to start blasting away at anything that scares them.

All that said, I'm also not inclined to shower praise on a cop who does the tough job he signed up for properly.

That's like praising me because I managed to argue a case without lying to the court; it's absurd. No, it's the other way around. I lie to the court, I get disbarred, or perhaps if I've never done anything wrong, suspended for a long time. Depending on the circumstance and the specific misbehavior, criminal charges on top.

That is the way it should be.

Without any specific examples, i don't have much to go off of.

Why was the cop alone?

There should always be at least two cops together -- in every American city nowadays.

Don't blame the mayor of NYC. Blame the foolish liberals who elected him!

I don't see how this situation could be politicized. It would have happened no matter who was mayor.
It is a New York City thing and needed to be handled in a NYC type of way.

That officer is a suicidal fool and a real chump. If the 4 had rushed him they could have shot him to death with his own sidearm.

I don't think so. He kept his distance and his strikes were effective enough to keep them at bay. Had they all rushed him, I think he could pull out his sidearm.
But he is the type of police officer cop-hating Democratic politicians want, who see the only reason police should have sidearms is to give criminals an opportunity to take it and kill the cop with, for which in any lethal confrontation with criminals they want to cop to be the one killed. That officer is an idiot. He accomplished absolutely nothing other than endangering his own life and others if any one of them got his sidearm - all for no purpose whatsoever.

Other than endangering his own life, explain what he accomplished? NYC police should have a simple goals. 1.) Confront and arrest no one and 2.) avoid or leave any dangerous situation. That way they are safe - physically and legally.

Well, we don't know what happened after the video.

Back
Top Bottom