• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coolest Pet's Ever

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I used to have Chinese Water Dragon's as pets, they were so cool. R.I.P. starsky&stacy

i used to gave Blue-Tongued Lizards.

blue-tongued-lizard-1.jpg

i reckon they're the best lizards you can have as pets, they're quite intelligent, easily tamed and docile, i used have two, and i'd have them sitting on my lap while i watched TV.

i used to gave Blue-Tongued Lizards.

blue-tongued-lizard-1.jpg

i reckon they're the best lizards you can have as pets, they're quite intelligent, easily tamed and docile, i used have two, and i'd have them sitting on my lap while i watched TV.

Those are also really cool man, thanks for sharing. I used to also have a pair of jesus lizards that could run on water and a female green iguana. What i really wanted to add to my collection was the Austrailian frill neck. I went to a reptile show once, i wanted to buy one of everything, except the gilla monster; because it was posinous. Have you ever seen a golden tegus? those are also cool.

Those are also really cool man, thanks for sharing. I used to also have a pair of jesus lizards that could run on water and a female green iguana. What i really wanted to add to my collection was the Austrailian frill neck. I went to a reptile show once, i wanted to buy one of everything, except the gilla monster; because it was posinous. Have you ever seen a golden tegus? those are also cool.

i hadn't seen the golden tegus before, they look pretty cool.

i've also had shinglebacked skinks and marbled geckos as pets, and the brilliant thing about living in Australia is i haven't paid for any of them :mrgreen:

I used to have turtles; all kinds. Map turtles, yellow-bellies, red-eared sliders.
I had a 55 gallon aquarium full of them.

They may not be among the coolest or most unusual pets ever, but they are very peaceful to watch (except when they get overcrowded; then they tend to bite each other's tails off, lol!).

i had a girlfriend who had turtles, she had long-necked turtles, we used to catch mosquito fish from a nearby lake and put them in with 'em and watch the turtles hunt them, it was pretty cool. :)

I love big cats

i had a girlfriend who had turtles, she had long-necked turtles, we used to catch mosquito fish from a nearby lake and put them in with 'em and watch the turtles hunt them, it was pretty cool. :)

Do you mean soft-shelled turtles?
I never had those.

I used to have a snail that I found in the woods and his name was Sluggy:) He was so cool.. Til he died.

We had slugs for 4 months, back when I was 12. The first one we found we called Bubba, later we got two more. I'm pretty sure Bubba ate one of them, possibly both of them. That slug was fricking HUGE. He was 5 inches long when we let him go, when according to my research, the longest that species is supposed to ever get is 4 inches.

And he really loved cucumbers. He escaped once, not long after we got him... we put out a few cucumbers on the driveway, not really expecting it to work but trying just in case. Sure enough, when we checked that night he was right on top of one of them, eating it away.

I've had my turtle, a red-eared slider named Speedy, for 6 years. He will soon no longer be in my possession :(

nah, they weren't soft shelled, they just have disproportionately long necks.

long+neck+turtles.JPG

they're australian native.

Dude what the freaking hell is wrong with that turtle, Jesus ****ing Christ. That is one long ****ing neck.

i used to have one of these as a pet, i had her for a few months and i'd feed her caterpillars and beetles, but she got too big for the jar i was keeping her in so i released her.

HUNTSMAN.jpg

Last edited:
Dav, No.. I had a REAL snail that was named Sluggy. He had a shell. He was not just some slug:( He was a real snail.

Dav, why you getting rid of Speedy??

Last edited:
Dude what the freaking hell is wrong with that turtle, Jesus ****ing Christ. That is one long ****ing neck.

you should see how fast they can move that neck though, they're like a snake when they hunt, it's really cool to watch.

Dav, No.. I had a REAL snail that was named Sluggy. He had a shell. He was not just some slug:( He was a real snail.

I didn't mean to say anything about your snail. I was just mentioning that I had slugs.

Dav, why you getting rid of Speedy??

College. It's not like I can keep him in the dorm. Luckily he's going to a neighbor, so I'll still probably see him again eventually.

you should see how fast they can move that neck though, they're like a snake when they hunt, it's really cool to watch.

It looks like a snake already.
There's no way it can fit all of that in its shell.

It looks like a snake already.
There's no way it can fit all of that in its shell.

they curl it into an "S" shape and tuck it sideways into their shell with only their heads sticking out.

07_08829.jpg

they curl it into an "S" shape and tuck it sideways into their shell with only their heads sticking out.

07_08829.jpg

Okay, did Australia have some sort of nuclear spill a million years ago? I can't think of any better reason why the wildlife there is so crazy/awesome.

My parents let me keep whatever pet I wanted, as long as I researched it and did all the work. I've had so many kinds, I can't list them all. I love animals.

Back
Top Bottom