• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cookout employess refused to serve Trump supporters

I would say that ideology, indoctrination, poor judgement, lack of common sense, lack of motivation, etc. lead many to appear far more stupid than they are.

I would say that for most people, ideology, indoctrination, poor judgement, lack of common sense, lack of motivation, etc are indicators of gross stupidity

Not if based on gender, religion, race, orientation, etc.

If it is based on dirty dred locked hair, no shirt, political affilation... THINGS PEOPLE CAN CHANGE ABOUT THEMSELF, then yes.

But you can change your faith, and according to some people, even your gender.

I would say that for most people, ideology, indoctrination, poor judgement, lack of common sense, lack of motivation, etc are indicators of gross stupidity

It obviously can be and I guess it would depend on how young or vulnerable the individual was when indoctrination and routine start but as a teacher I c an assue you that more than half... far more than half, are not stupid but certainly not smart. 25% are probably literally pretty stupid and another 40% are lacking common sense, motivation and critical thinking skills that make them seem pretty stupid.

But you can change your faith, and according to some people, even your gender.

I knew somebody would point out faith and although you can freedom of religion is a cherished principle that we have...

... and I don't think that people can change their gender.

It wasn't the owner refusing them it was an employee...

I'm aware of that. The fact that he was an employee doesn't mean anyone is owed his labor or property. Employees can leave their place of employment at any time if they so pleases, and apparently this employee got to leave early due to the owners right to association.

I knew somebody would point out faith and although you can freedom of religion is a cherished principle that we have...

People not associating with you because of your faith is not inhibiting your ability to practice your faith.

... and I don't think that people can change their gender.

I don't either, but I had to include it for fun. :mrgreen:

I'm aware of that. The fact that he was an employee doesn't mean anyone is owed his labor or property. Employees can leave their place of employment at any time if they so pleases, and apparently this employee got to leave early due to the owners right to association.

If he had said I am not serving you and then he quit nobody would be bothered... what he did was turn away service that was to go to his employer without said employers permission.

People not associating with you because of your faith is not inhibiting your ability to practice your faith.

I understand and I don't care. Discrimination based off of religion, race, orientation and gender is wrong and should be not permissible in our society.

I don't either, but I had to include it for fun.

Coolz... :)

If he had said I am not serving you and then he quit nobody would be bothered... what he did was turn away service that was to go to his employer without said employers permission.

Yes, which is very likely one of the reasons he was fired.

I understand and I don't care. Discrimination based off of religion, race, orientation and gender is wrong and should be not permissible in our society.

I don't see why not. If people don't have the right to the property and labor of others then the reason for denial of those things wouldn't matter since no right to have them exists.

Yepper. Beat me to it.

The unity in this country is just amazing. Ain't it?

I'm sorry, but the level of partisan polarity in the US strikes everyone I know as bizarre. Honestly, it's starting to resemble the sectarian division in Ulster.
God help you all if someone starts the violence domino effect happening.

A legendary fast-food chain is in hot water after refusing to serve Donald Trump supporters.

Shannon Riggs and her cousins were turned away from a Cook Out in Colonial Heights, Virginia, on Friday night, when they showed up in Donald Trump shirts and hats, WTVR reports.

Apparently, when Riggs attempted to order from the window, decked out in Trump apparel, an employee yelled "Hell no! I'm not serving them."

The family's orders were eventually taken, but they say that they never received their food. Eventually Riggs said she canceled her order and the family had their money refunded — but they were not satisfied with the situation.

Cook Out refused to serve Donald Trump fans - Business Insider

===========================================================================

Those of you who said it was the towtruck driver's right to refuse to tow a Sanders supporter, do you feel the same about this restaurant's employees refusing to serve Trump supporters?

So who is hating now ! :lamo

I'm sorry, but the level of partisan polarity in the US strikes everyone I know as bizarre. Honestly, it's starting to resemble the sectarian division in Ulster.
God help you all if someone starts the violence domino effect happening.
Do you actually believe that if the US has an internal war that it will not spill over into Canada?

It sure is... Thank you President Obama.

Thank your friends on the loony Far Right. They're the ones who brought us to where we are now and who promise to take us even further down the hatred road. It's how they roll.

Not if based on gender, religion, race, orientation, etc.

If it is based on dirty dred locked hair, no shirt, political affilation... THINGS PEOPLE CAN CHANGE ABOUT THEMSELF, then yes.

This is a much too difficult concept for the Fringe Right to grasp. The 1965 Civil Rights Act never happened as far as they're concerned. They long for the days of whites only restaurants and hotels and bathrooms. You know 'Make America Great Again'.

This is a much too difficult concept for the Fringe Right to grasp. The 1965 Civil Rights Act never happened as far as they're concerned. They long for the days of whites only restaurants and hotels and bathrooms. You know 'Make America Great Again'.

Indeed it is true that I don't believe there exists a 1965 civil rights act. There was however a civil rights act in 1964. :lol:

Btw, the voting rights act was in 1965.

You mean the Civil Rights Act that was opposed by the Democratic Party? The same Democratic Party that reveres Grand Cyclops Robert Byrd as one of the greatest Democrats ever.

Do you actually believe that if the US has an internal war that it will not spill over into Canada?

War? What? Are you saying that partisan violence in the US, if it happened, would somehow affect Canada?
How? If, for example, protesters at a Trump rally incited violence and Trump supporters fired on them and the situation escalated, how do you think this would affect Canada? Beyond provoking a national head-shake and face-palm, I mean.

It sure is... Thank you President Obama.

You gotta love how right wing extremists rely on total bs to support their own divisiveness. The only ones you are fooling are the mindless minions that buy your pap.

Yes, which is very likely one of the reasons he was fired.

I don't see why not. If people don't have the right to the property and labor of others then the reason for denial of those things wouldn't matter since no right to have them exists.

We have gone over this before and disagree on a fundamental level... right?

I don't understand the thinking that by not denying rights to others means that your rights are being violated...

War? What? Are you saying that partisan violence in the US, if it happened, would somehow affect Canada?
How? If, for example, protesters at a Trump rally incited violence and Trump supporters fired on them and the situation escalated, how do you think this would affect Canada? Beyond provoking a national head-shake and face-palm, I mean.
The shooting ever starts in earnest it will take on a life of its own, do not feel all safe and smug in Canada, there are many US cities on the Canadian border and there would be violence spilling over.

Thank your friends on the loony Far Right. They're the ones who brought us to where we are now and who promise to take us even further down the hatred road. It's how they roll.

Who do you think exactly keeps passing laws and telling the other side to **** off? You do realize that opposition doesn't just spring up for no reason, right? This has been coming for very long time now and like or not it wouldn't have been without men like Obama.

You gotta love how right wing extremists rely on total bs to support their own divisiveness. The only ones you are fooling are the mindless minions that buy your pap.

How many times did democrats just try to violate the second amendment? Do you want the number of gun control bills that they put up? You want to know how you create divisiveness? Want a hint? Remember what happened when Obamacare was passed? Remember how you guys just passed it on your own when the majority of the country told you to stop? Hell, they were ****ing there demanding you stop and your side went on with it anyway. You want another way? Ignore the ****ing intent of the Constitution for more than 100 years and continually do unconstitutional **** like pass gun control laws, pass regulations that force people into labor and make them buy services, and other things like pass anti-discrimination laws. You know, people that actually oppose your unlawful **** might just get pissed off at some point.

Last edited:
How many times did democrats just try to violate the second amendment? Do you want the number of gun control bills that they put up? You want to know how you create divisiveness? Want a hint? Remember what happened when Obamacare was passed? Remember how you guys just passed it on your own when the majority of the country told you to stop? Hell, they were ****ing there demanding you stop and your side went on with it anyway. You want another way? Ignore the ****ing intent of the Constitution for more than 100 years and continually do unconstitutional **** like pass gun control laws, pass regulations that force people into labor and make them buy services, and other things like pass anti-discrimination laws. You know, people that actually oppose your unlawful **** might just get pissed off at some point.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention. No shock there.

Republicans say Obama has been historically divisive. That's very, very revealing.

Back
Top Bottom