• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cooking with an air fryer

One thing we found that comes out good is Costco frozen fired fish.
The go from Frozen to fish sandwiches in about 13 min.
large_ed8830e5-09d1-4383-81dc-6082b484b3de.JPG

Air fryer herb roasted chicken. Followed the recipe in the air fryer recipe book. Chicken turned out nice, but they called for waaaay too much salt and pepper so the skin was inedible. Otherwise was very tasty. Had it with mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and creamed corn.

View attachment 67323838

Would definitely cook chicken like this again, but would apply a glaze instead of an oversaturated salt/pepper rub.

Would definitely cook chicken like this again, but would apply a glaze instead of an oversaturated salt/pepper rub.
I just use spices and light spray of olive or other oil. Very little oil needed.

Quality and results have a lot to do with temperature and time and wattage. If you join the FB groups, you can usually find people that have worked all that out, including for your particular brand/model.

Or you can experiment. I do both. Once you get the hang of it, you can do it pretty much yourself.

You'd think they would build a VARIAC into them.

I made soft beef jerky today in between posts on here with our air fryer for the first time and it's excellent. My son and I came up with the recipe.

1. Beef – round steak cut into thin strips 1/4" or so.
  2. 4 table spoons of Old bay seasoning
  3. 2 oz. soy sauce Soy sauce
  4. Lemon juice 1/4 cup.
  5. Onion powder sprinkled.
  6. Garlic powder sprinkled.
  7. Red pepper sprinkled.

Paper towels to pre dry the meat by pressing and tapping down.

180 degrees for 2 hours after pre heating.

I just use spices and light spray of olive or other oil. Very little oil needed.
I did a light brushing with vegetable oil since I was out of canola. Could have used spray but hesitant to spray into the fryer when it's hot.

I did a light brushing with vegetable oil since I was out of canola. Could have used spray but hesitant to spray into the fryer when it's hot.
Brushing works too. If yours are too soggy, are you dredging in egg, milk, etc before breading?

I think it a fan that circulates the air, so the heat is distributed better.
Its actually what gives it the pseudo "frying" effect. It turns it into something more like caramelization with a crispy outside.

One thing we found that comes out good is Costco frozen fired fish.
The go from Frozen to fish sandwiches in about 13 min.
large_ed8830e5-09d1-4383-81dc-6082b484b3de.JPG
Absolutely. I didnt even know that I liked fish burgers until I started making fish fillets in the air fryer. Put mayo on both sides of the bun. Like half a spoonfull of tarter sauce spread on top of the fillets, a slice of pepperjack cheese on top with a layer or 2 of pickles on top over the cheese. DELICIOUS

Brushing works too. If yours are too soggy, are you dredging in egg, milk, etc before breading?
Don't know how I didn't see this. I did dredge first, that's what the recipe said to do. It was just eggs. First I put it through the flour mixture, then I put it through the eggs, then the flour again. I let it sit too long between the second coat and actually cooking it I think.

Don't know how I didn't see this. I did dredge first, that's what the recipe said to do. It was just eggs. First I put it through the flour mixture, then I put it through the eggs, then the flour again. I let it sit too long between the second coat and actually cooking it I think.
Then you might need to adjust the temperature lower...for better cooking without burning the outside. It will still crisp up, but a longer time & lower temp let's the inside cook better.

Not sure if you need 2 layers of flour either but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Back
Top Bottom