• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cookie Parker

Cookie Parker

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Hi. Just signed up and wanted to say "Hi."

I'm going to browse this forum to get an idea of Who's on First, if you know what I mean.

I look forward to discussions and debates. I am trying to learn the logical fallacies and deflect propaganda techniques. If anyone out there is proficient with any of these, I'd appreciate a debate/discussion with me when I come aboard and to learn how to do those well. I think it will keep me honest in my argument.

Well, 'nuff 'bout me. Will look forward to being with you in the future....

Have a great day!:2wave:

Cookie Parker said:
Hi. Just signed up and wanted to say "Hi."

I'm going to browse this forum to get an idea of Who's on First, if you know what I mean.

I look forward to discussions and debates. I am trying to learn the logical fallacies and deflect propaganda techniques. If anyone out there is proficient with any of these, I'd appreciate a debate/discussion with me when I come aboard and to learn how to do those well. I think it will keep me honest in my argument.

Well, 'nuff 'bout me. Will look forward to being with you in the future....

Have a great day!:2wave:

Hi Cookie. I'll make it easy for you--I'm on First. ;)

Welcome!

Welcome to DP. Glad to have you.

[mod note]moved[/mod note]

Hi, Cookie! Welcome to Debate Politics. :2wave:

Hello Cookie!:2wave:

welcomeredgold.gif

a p s...thanks for letting me know that....It does a body good to understand who is on first...you're the class clown, right?:2razz:

Simon W Moon. Nice to meet you. I've yet to find my "party". It sure looks as though I am going to have great debates with republicans. Keep me honest, boys/girls. Don't let me get mean. But, I'll warn you. I'm a tad bitof a sarcastic lady on most occasions. If it irritates, please let me know. I'm also a tad bit of a person who likes to win arguments...but I'll play fair.

Thanks .

Hi mixed media. At last, a democrat.;)

Looking forward to debates this weekend...you guys!!! Thanks for being so nice...:cool:

Welcome to DP...

No matter what happens don’t let them fool you into a group hug.
I did and its not a pretty sight. Took weeks to get over it....:lol:

Cherokee. Thanks for the warning. :mrgreen:

LIke your quote. Will look forward to sharing debates...:mrgreen:

Thanks again...:lol:

Cookie Parker said:
Hi mixed media. At last, a democrat.;)

Looking forward to debates this weekend...you guys!!! Thanks for being so nice...:cool:

They keep a few of us around for kicks....jk. :2wave:

Hail and welcome to Debate Politics, Cookie!

Cookie Parker said:
I look forward to discussions and debates. I am trying to learn the logical fallacies and deflect propaganda techniques.

Well, here's a list of logical fallacies to use as a reference. On any political forum, you'll see a number of them on a regular basis. ;)

Cookie Parker said:
If anyone out there is proficient with any of these, I'd appreciate a debate/discussion with me when I come aboard and to learn how to do those well. I think it will keep me honest in my argument.

I'd be happy to debate you and pick apart the logic of your arguments; just disagree with me. :smile:

More seriously, if you're interested in honing your ability to argue logically and honestly, you'd be well-served to learn to argue both sides of any case. You don't have to advocate anything you don't believe in-- I don't-- but learning the arguments of the other side and more importantly, learning why they believe in them is the most important skill you can develop. Not only does it encourage you to argue more civilly, but it makes your arguments stronger and more compelling.

Cookie Parker said:
Well, 'nuff 'bout me. Will look forward to being with you in the future...

Likewise. I hope you enjoy your time here.

welcbnr.gif

:tink:~Tashah~

Korimyr writes:

Well, here's a list of logical fallacies to use as a reference. On any political forum, you'll see a number of them on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Parker
If anyone out there is proficient with any of these, I'd appreciate a debate/discussion with me when I come aboard and to learn how to do those well. I think it will keep me honest in my argument.

I'd be happy to debate you and pick apart the logic of your arguments; just disagree with me.

More seriously, if you're interested in honing your ability to argue logically and honestly, you'd be well-served to learn to argue both sides of any case. You don't have to advocate anything you don't believe in-- I don't-- but learning the arguments of the other side and more importantly, learning why they believe in them is the most important skill you can develop. Not only does it encourage you to argue more civilly, but it makes your arguments stronger and more compelling.

I am truly looking forward to disagreeing with you...:lol:

I am desperately trying to hone in my skills with the logical fallacies. thanks for the link and also for the info on both sides.

I am a regular debater (kinda debater) on Hey Martha. I came here to get experience on logical fallacies. I am impressed with persons who think clearly and logically.

I have tried debating as a republican because all I could find on my own forum were those who committed a great number of red herrings, and straw mans, and those who just name-called. Did a pretty good job and you are correct. The more you can debate both sides, the less attached you are to the position. The less personally attached to a position, the better you debate.

Can't find many women on the Hey Martha who debate. I think that's because e we don't think clearly nor detach. I am pretty good at detaching.

So, let me find you on here, disagree with you, and if you find fallacies, lay into me. I want to learn these from experience. I have studied them for weeks. I need practical application.

Thanks to everyone for saying HI...

Back at you...:2wave:

Hi Cookie Monster

Just kidding, I think. If you come across as a liberal (anti American) then we'll have no problem in debating. I must warn you--there is no such thing as debating upstairs, where the thread will surely get canned to the basement & Flaming section. That's where all mine end up because the moderation team here is 100% liberally oriented i.e. they're all wimps, and they hate to get their butts' beaten by right-minded Conservatives like myself. Plus they have politically correct feelings (bleeding hearts) for their like-minded brethren and sisteren. Btw, this may come as a surprise to you--but I'm still single. What is your age, and are you single...if you don't mind me asking, or even if you do mind me asking?

Yeah, that's what they all say throughout these forums. The moderators are liberals and they pick on the open-minded conservatives...;)

Well, I am looking forward to running across you in a debate. I will be glad to practice my logical fallacy findings with you.

As to my marital status...let's say, it, along with my age, are a secret. I came here to debate...I don't do red herring....:lol:

Cookie Parker said:
Yeah, that's what they all say throughout these forums. The moderators are liberals and they pick on the open-minded conservatives...;)

Well, I am looking forward to running across you in a debate. I will be glad to practice my logical fallacy findings with you.

As to my marital status...let's say, it, along with my age, are a secret. I came here to debate...I don't do red herring....:lol:

You go, girl. ;)

Cookie Parker said:

***Yeah, I never did like the smell of red herrings.

Cookie Parker said:
The mod team is working on a solution to become more transparent and nip this fallacy in the bud. Stay tuned.

:2wave:

Honestly, of all the forums that I take part in, this one strikes me as the most conservative-- both old-fashioned moral conservatism and neoconservatism.

Not that it's a bad thing. Every forum has its own political lean, regardless of the intentions of the mod team.

Back
Top Bottom