• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cook Political Report shifts a dozen states more blue

Are you just shifting to some baseless accusation specifically because you realize arguing a slight slowing of job growth for one month as a reason for claiming that the economy is terrible was a loser? Or was it accidental?

I will have to say you have bought the leftwing marketing 100%. Here is what you want to ignore

Obama GDP 3.3 trillion in 7 years at a cost of 8.6 trillion added to the debt, VS Bush, 4.7 trillion in 8 years and 4.9 trillion added to the debt

Then there is this, Obama signed an 842 billion dollar stimulus program in February 2009 when employment was 142 million Americans, Two years later, January 2011 there were 139 million employed and that is with total control of the govt. Is that your idea of a success?

Review post #32. 2016 is not 2014.

So your idea of a success is proposing a 4.1 trillion dollar budget and having 8.6 trillion added to the debt to generate 8 million jobs in 7 years coming off what the left calls the worst recession since the Great Depression? If the economy is so good as you claim why do we need a 4.1 trillion dollar budget?

So your idea of a success is proposing a 4.1 trillion dollar budget and having 8.6 trillion added to the debt to generate 8 million jobs in 7 years coming off what the left calls the worst recession since the Great Depression? If the economy is so good as you claim why do we need a 4.1 trillion dollar budget?

First off, the post you're quoting is a reference to Obama job approval rating.

Second, if you want to use the raw numbers to make the argument that George W. Bush was a better President than Obama, you go ahead. Very few will agree with that assessment, but you're free to make it.

Finally, if you want me to make an argument for why those raw numbers are not a good justification for your theoretical argument - make a thread on that topic instead of hijacking threads and I will debate you there (although you're busy debating six other people while rehashing this very point on my thread, so I dunno why you would be such a glutton for the additional punishment).

Are you just shifting to some baseless accusation specifically because you realize arguing a slight slowing of job growth for one month as a reason for claiming that the economy is terrible was a loser? Or was it accidental?

Nothing baseless about it

Not long ago you made a post saying that we were close to full employment and you referenced the unemployment data as proof

This was after 10's of thousands of Americans had lost their jobs due to falling oil prices

You and your ilk could care less about the average American, you perpetuate base propaganda, lies and misinformation and guess what, the American voter is catching on

Hell, even Hillary Clinton,( she's not running on Obama's economic accomplishments, on the contrary ) even the Dems running in the last election knew better than to brag about a economy while Tens of Millions of Americans continue to struggle

I will have to say you have bought the leftwing marketing 100%. Here is what you want to ignore

Obama GDP 3.3 trillion in 7 years at a cost of 8.6 trillion added to the debt, VS Bush, 4.7 trillion in 8 years and 4.9 trillion added to the debt

Then there is this, Obama signed an 842 billion dollar stimulus program in February 2009 when employment was 142 million Americans, Two years later, January 2011 there were 139 million employed and that is with total control of the govt. Is that your idea of a success?

Says the guy mindlessly pushing the right wing marketing...

First off, the post you're quoting is a reference to Obama job approval rating.

Second, if you want to use the raw numbers to make the argument that George W. Bush was a better President than Obama, you go ahead. Very few will agree with that assessment, but you're free to make it.

Finally, if you want me to make an argument for why those raw numbers are not a good justification for your theoretical argument - make a thread on that topic instead of hijacking threads and I will debate you there (although you're busy debating six other people while rehashing this very point on my thread, so I dunno why you would be such a glutton for the additional punishment).

Ignoring data and numbers is what drives the left today as they focus on feelings and not much more. You feel good about Hillary and Obama but have absolutely nothing to support that feeling. I have hijacked nothing but rather pointed out the marketing tactic of the left and the fact that all you do is attack. I asked you to give me the reasons you support Hillary and Obama and you gave me nothing specific other than your opinion. You fit into the poll numbers quite well in that it is all about feelings and buying the rhetoric, nothing substantive.

When you get a job in the private sector you have to produce or you won't keep your job. If you held a position and generated Obama's or Hillary's results you would have been fired a long time ago

Nothing baseless about it

Not long ago you made a post saying that we were close to full employment and you referenced the unemployment data as proof

This was after 10's of thousands of Americans had lost their jobs due to falling oil prices

You and your ilk could care less about the average American, you perpetuate base propaganda, lies and misinformation and guess what, the American voter is catching on

Hell, even Hillary Clinton,( she's not running on Obama's economic accomplishments, on the contrary ) even the Dems running in the last election knew better than to brag about a economy while Tens of Millions of Americans continue to struggle

Again, 2016. Not 2014. Clinton is running on Obama's record and his economic accomplishments.

As for job loss due to falling oil prices - you are really pursuing a damned if you do, damned if you don't argument. Consider the tens of thousands of Americans that lost jobs or could not afford their grocery bills when oil prices were incredibly high and how Obama was soundly criticized for high gas prices. But now that gas prices are low, that is something to criticize Obama for as well? Please.

And I am simply citing FACT when I said that we are close to full employment and when I use the unemployment data as proof. If you want to focus on wages, then tell me why you don't support an increase to the minimum wage and instead support an amorphous desire to get bring better paying jobs to America.

Last edited:
Ignoring data and numbers is what drives the left today as they focus on feelings and not much more. You feel good about Hillary and Obama but have absolutely nothing to support that feeling. I have hijacked nothing but rather pointed out the marketing tactic of the left and the fact that all you do is attack. I asked you to give me the reasons you support Hillary and Obama and you gave me nothing specific other than your opinion. You fit into the poll numbers quite well in that it is all about feelings and buying the rhetoric, nothing substantive.

What the ****? You ask for my reasons of supporting Hillary, but don't want my opinion?

When you get a job in the private sector you have to produce or you won't keep your job. If you held a position and generated Obama's or Hillary's results you would have been fired a long time ago

Oh yes, because Obama did not get re-elected (after the two year period that you keep harping as the ultimate sign of his failures) nor are we debating the topic on a thread devoted to Hillary's superior chances of being elected to the Presidency.

/s

I have to give the Left Credit as they market well to their supporters most of whom are naïve, gullible, and very poorly informed thinking only with their hearts never using their Brain. Hillary is one of the most corrupt 'public servants" to hold office with a lot of positions held but no truly positive accomplishments in any of them. She got on her husband's coattails, filled her resume with political appointments, and accomplished absolutely nothing positive and yet is being marketed as qualified and experienced for the job. Her judgment is poor at best supporting the Iraq War being for it before she was against it, allowing for the killing of an American Ambassador, supporting the Arab Spring and thus generating zero positive foreign policy accomplishments.

It remains to be seen if the country will follow the same path they did in 2008-2012 electing, re-electing, and now electing another incompetent to the WH, someone with zero leadership and management experience.

Indeed it will be. Alternately, they may elect Hillary, who is all those things you said in your first paragraph.

What the ****? You ask for my reasons of supporting Hillary, but don't want my opinion?

Oh yes, because Obama did not get re-elected (after the two year period that you keep harping as the ultimate sign of his failures) nor are we debating the topic on a thread devoted to Hillary's superior chances of being elected to the Presidency.

/s
I asked you to give me your opinion and back it up with substantial data to support that opinion not your feelings.

Why don't you just admit that results don't matter but what does matter is how you feel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This was the most winnable election in a generation for the GOP.

And we decided we'd rather act like children.

View attachment 67201014

Losing Florida hurts the GOP, but Ohio is still in play for them. A good play for Donald Trump would be to pick Dennis Kasich as his running mate. That would swing Ohio over to the GOP, and give them a shot to win.

I asked you to give me your opinion and back it up with substantial data to support that opinion not your feelings.

Why don't you just admit that results don't matter but what does matter is how you feel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Let's review post #26

Seems all I hear from people like you are attacks against someone else, never why you support a particular candidate which in this case is Hillary. Please tell us why you support Hillary and what she has done to warrant that support?

Hmm...I don't see a request for "substantial data." Do you?

At this point, I don't care whether you want to characterize my opinion as "feelings" or "data." I am done talking to you. Move your crusade on to someone else.

I totally agree.

However, there is an enormous contingent of hatred and contempt within the Democrat party for Hillary, too.

Turnout could be an issue for both sides.

Yep... This election is going to come down to who is hated the least....

Let's review post #26

Hmm...I don't see a request for "substantial data." Do you?

At this point, I don't care whether you want to characterize my opinion as "feelings" or "data." I am done talking to you. Move your crusade on to someone else.

Got it, what she has done doesn't mean actual substantive data to the left? Don't blame you for not responding but that won't stop me from pointing out how foolish the left makes you look

I certainly don't think juvenile, boorish braggart is all the rage either.

If you mean Trump, then he absolutely IS all the rage.. Where have you been?

Again, 2016. Not 2014. Clinton is running on Obama's record and his economic accomplishments.

As for job loss due to falling oil prices - you are really pursuing a damned if you do, damned if you don't argument. Consider the tens of thousands of Americans that lost jobs or could not afford their grocery bills when oil prices were incredibly high and how Obama was soundly criticized for high gas prices. But now that gas prices are low, that is something to criticize Obama for as well? Please.

And I am simply citing FACT when I said that we are close to full employment and when I use the unemployment data as proof. If you want to focus on wages, then tell me why you don't support an increase to the minimum wage and instead support an amorphous desire to get bring better paying jobs to America.

" Facts " minus the LFPR, am I right ?

" Facts " minus the LFPR, am I right ?

If a Republican is the President when truck drivers are replaced by automated vehicles, will you still want to discuss the LFPR?

I have to give the Left Credit as they market well to their supporters most of whom are naïve, gullible, and very poorly informed thinking only with their hearts never using their Brain. Hillary is one of the most corrupt 'public servants" to hold office with a lot of positions held but no truly positive accomplishments in any of them. She got on her husband's coattails, filled her resume with political appointments, and accomplished absolutely nothing positive and yet is being marketed as qualified and experienced for the job. Her judgment is poor at best supporting the Iraq War being for it before she was against it, allowing for the killing of an American Ambassador, supporting the Arab Spring and thus generating zero positive foreign policy accomplishments.

It remains to be seen if the country will follow the same path they did in 2008-2012 electing, re-electing, and now electing another incompetent to the WH, someone with zero leadership and management experience.

I don't know how much credit the Left should get. Hillary is a very disliked candidate and there are any number of Republicans who could easily beat her. But the Republicans decided not to go with any of them.

I don't know how much credit the Left should get. Hillary is a very disliked candidate and there are any number of Republicans who could easily beat her. But the Republicans decided not to go with any of them.

There is a movement in this country away from the establishment candidates and change the status quo. It is time for some tough love or this country is going to explode due to the entitlement mentality and massive debt. The left wants to demonize Trump and run from the Obama actual record which is what they always do. You see leftwing marketing is about destruction of competition and promoting a massive central govt. whereas Rightwing marketing is about posting facts, verifiable non partisan data that the left wants to ignore.

If a Republican is the President when truck drivers are replaced by automated vehicles, will you still want to discuss the LFPR?

Do you realize that there were 300,000 fewer employed last month than the previous month? Do you realize the deficit is back over a trillion dollars? Is there ever going to be a time when actual data proves your feelings wrong about Hillary and Obama?

Do you realize that there were 300,000 fewer employed last month than the previous month? Do you realize the deficit is back over a trillion dollars? Is there ever going to be a time when actual data proves your feelings wrong about Hillary and Obama?

And yet the number of jobs increased...that's strange. It's almost as if the Labor Force Participation Rate isn't a very good measure of the number of employed individuals because it does a really poor job of accounting for why those individuals are unemployed....

SO STRANGE.

And yet the number of jobs increased...that's strange. It's almost as if the Labor Force Participation Rate isn't a very good measure of the number of employed individuals because it does a really poor job of accounting for why those individuals are unemployed....

SO STRANGE.

Two different numbers, job created and employment. What one doe you think matters the most, the number of employed people or the number of jobs created? labor force participation rate also dropped to under 63%. Now are you going to ever answer the direct question, is there ever going to come a point when you admit that actual data refutes your feelings?

Two different numbers, job created and employment. What one doe you think matters the most, the number of employed people or the number of jobs created?

JOBS CREATED.

labor force participation rate also dropped to under 63%. Now are you going to ever answer the direct question, is there ever going to come a point when you admit that actual data refutes your feelings?

My feelings are supported by the data.

JOBS CREATED.

My feelings are supported by the data.

No, sorry, but employed people is more important and the 300,000 fewer people employed trumps the 160,000 jobs created. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty? You seem to have a passion for poor economic results because of your ideology?

No, sorry, but employed people is more important and the 300,000 fewer people employed trumps the 160,000 jobs created. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty? You seem to have a passion for poor economic results because of your ideology?

Jobs created are more important because those are the limiting factor in the equation of determining full employment. The labor force participation rate is limited by factors (in addition to a lack of jobs or desirable jobs) like sickness, injury, lack of desire, attending college, and retirement.

Do you want your retired parents to get jobs or your college age kid to be employed? If so, good for you. But I respect the personal decisions of those individuals and would rather worry about making sure that they have jobs available to them once, or if, they decide to seek employment.

Back
Top Bottom