• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Convicted Child Molester Suing After Being Raped in Garfield County Jail[W:186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, prison is their sentence and prison is an ugly place where bad things happen to inmates. It's supposed to be ugly, because they're being punished for a crime, not doing detention for talking in class.

So you're better than the prisoners how? Explain how throwing someone in a cage, making them your slave, and then not protecting them from fellow prisoners makes you civilized?

Last edited:
If the county was negligent, then the suit is justified.

That's because you have a disordered moral sense. Perverted acts such as this can never be right.

That all depends on who those acts happen to.

Right, prison is their sentence and prison is an ugly place where bad things happen to inmates. It's supposed to be ugly, because they're being punished for a crime, not doing detention for talking in class.

But you still have to grapple with the fundamental point, is Prison a place where denial of freedom is enough of a punishment, or is rape suppose to be part of that punishment.

I don't agree that prison should be roses, but the American system in particular is poorly run and funded and countries with less harsh prison systems such as the Scandinavian countries have a far lower rate of return guests because of it.

American prisons turn small time criminals that could be rehabilitated into hardened criminals because of conditions but now I'm getting off point.

The point is if we make rape permissible as part of the prison system, then we are essentially sentencing someone to rape as a punishment for their crimes which is cruel and unusual punishment which goes against the constitution.

That all depends on who those acts happen to.

No, it doesn't. Rape is never ok. Why is that not computing in your brain?

The raw sadism being presented in this thread is frankly disgusting.

So you're better than the prisoners how? Explain how throwing someone in a cage, making them your slave, and then not protecting from fellow prisoners makes you civilized?

I didn't molest a child...that's how. That act makes this dude sub-human and unworthy of any treatment that you and I deserve.

The raw sadism being presented in this thread is frankly disgusting.

I think that is the first time I have ever agreed with you. Really, the reason our prison system is so ****ed up is because the majority of the people think rape, assault and murder in prison is fine and dandy.

I didn't molest a child...that's how. That act makes this dude sub-human and unworthy of any treatment that you and I deserve.

You're a real piece of work. Good day.

Um, let me search my soul...la-la, la, la-la...nope, nothing. Sorry!

lol, yeah, yeah I know, but it doesn't even take me as long as the la-la, part to know with complete certainty that this is wrong

so explain it to me, is it wrong but still justified, or is it wrong and just oops, or is it not only okay but justified apdst?

lol, yeah, yeah I know, but it doesn't even take me as long as the la-la, part to know with complete certainty that this is wrong

so explain it to me, is it wrong but still justified, or is it wrong and just oops, or is it not only okay but justified apdst?

He apparently thinks it fine to rape someone that is guilty of rape. I suppose after he gets done raping the rapists someone should rape him. You know, since its fine to rape rapists.

**** that child molesting piece of scum...... Wait...... They already did. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Article is here.
Feds for the Peds

The way things are going, downhill, the SCROTUS will soon rule in favor of an appeal presented this way:

Fact: Even hardened criminals hate pedophiles.
Conclusion: Anyone who is against pedophile rights has the mindset of a hardened criminal.

He apparently thinks it fine to rape someone that is guilty of rape. I suppose after he gets done raping the rapists someone should rape him. You know, since its fine to rape rapists.

A number of years ago, I have to confess, when one of our serial rapist/murders slipped somehow and ended up with a broom wedged up him I was at first glad. I considered it prison justice and looked no further. Now when I look back on it, the number of reasons which make it wrong is innumerable.

But you still have to grapple with the fundamental point, is Prison a place where denial of freedom is enough of a punishment, or is rape suppose to be part of that punishment.

I don't agree that prison should be roses, but the American system in particular is poorly run and funded and countries with less harsh prison systems such as the Scandinavian countries have a far lower rate of return guests because of it.

American prisons turn small time criminals that could be rehabilitated into hardened criminals because of conditions but now I'm getting off point.

The point is if we make rape permissible as part of the prison system, then we are essentially sentencing someone to rape as a punishment for their crimes which is cruel and unusual punishment which goes against the constitution.

Is rape supposed to be a part of the equation? Maybe, maybe not. Am I going to lose sleep over a convicted child molester getting ass raped in prison? Definitely not.

If prison is a cakewalk, then it defeats the whole purpose of putting someone in prison, because no, locking up someone where they could actually enjoy themselves kills the deterrent factor that prison is supposed to have.

If this dude doesn't like being ass raped, then he should try harder to stay out of prison.

yeah I know many feel that way, it gives a sense of "what goes around etc"...but something feels wrong about it now to me...not saying it always did, but when I reach deep inside and examine it, I can't condone it

Maybe its the thought that some other convict got pleasure out of it.

No, it doesn't. Rape is never ok. Why is that not computing in your brain?

You're probably right, it's never ok. What I'm saying, is that I have zero sympathy for the guy.

Is rape supposed to be a part of the equation? Maybe, maybe not. Am I going to lose sleep over a convicted child molester getting ass raped in prison? Definitely not.

If prison is a cakewalk, then it defeats the whole purpose of putting someone in prison, because no, locking up someone where they could actually enjoy themselves kills the deterrent factor that prison is supposed to have.

If this dude doesn't like being ass raped, then he should try harder to stay out of prison.

Making their life miserable strips you of your higher ground and makes you nothing but filth no better than those guilty of rape. Making someones life a living hell is hardly going to make them productive citizens or maintain their mental or physical health. There is really no good reason to make prison hard on those imprisoned.

Maybe its the thought that some other convict got pleasure out of it.

that is part of it certainly...someone else (convict) took pleasure in violently violating another human being, and then others are taking still further pleasure in the knowledge of it

it's not our finest hour surely to take pleasure in knowing that such an act of violence has been committed

A number of years ago, I have to confess, when one of our serial rapist/murders slipped somehow and ended up with a broom wedged up him I was at first glad. I considered it prison justice and looked no further. Now when I look back on it, the number of reasons which make it wrong is innumerable.

Don't feel bad. When I was younger and had a lot less brains I thought the same.

Last edited:
Making their life miserable strips you of your higher ground and makes you nothing but filth no better than those guilty of rape. Making someones life a living hell is hardly going to make them productive citizens or maintain their mental or physical health. There is really no good reason to make prison hard on those imprisoned.

Well, if prison is fun, people will never try to stay out of prison. Believe it, or not, fear of actually spending time in prison deters crime.

You're probably right, it's never ok. What I'm saying, is that I have zero sympathy for the guy.

You're saying more than that. Trying to weasel out of it now will not earn you sympathy either.

that is part of it certainly...someone else (convict) took pleasure in violently violating another human being, and then others are taking pleasure still further pleasure in the knowledge of it

it's not our finest hour surely to take pleasure in knowing that such an act of violence has been committed

Yeah, but we as a culture do put child murderers and rapists on the bottom of the criminal heap. If you reported on the rapist in this story without mentioning the victim then the narrative would be about a criminal continuing his crime spree in prison. I think even knowing the crimes of the perpetrator wouldn't change the impression most would get once they learned the crimes of the victim, though. It starts to sound more like an episode of DEXTER.

The moral and ethical issues aside there's that pesky little Constitutional prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment. That means rape cannot be part of the equation. That means that prison officials have a responsibility to insure that inmates don't get raped.

Well, if prison is fun, people will never try to stay out of prison. Believe it, or not, fear of actually spending time in prison deters crime.

Who said anything about fun? Do you think cages are fun? Do you think having your actions controlled by others is fun? Exactly what do you think is fun about prison? I suggest that there is no excuse to not protect prisoners from rape and you honestly think I'm promoting prisons be fun? Is being against prison rape somehow lead to carnival rides for prisoners?

Is rape supposed to be a part of the equation? Maybe, maybe not.

MAYBE!?!?!?!

Am I going to lose sleep over a convicted child molester getting ass raped in prison? Definitely not.

Fair enough, but we're also discussing the larger issue at hand, from an emotional point of view I can't exactly blame you for for not losing sleep over this particular gentleman, but the issue goes further than that.

Again though, the point of prison is not only a deterrent but it also has to effectively rehabilitate certain folk to stop re-offense once their prescribed punishment is over, this doesn't happen as often because not only can a prison sentence leave you unemployable but American prisons make a small time criminal who might not re-offend under better circumstances, re-offend, often because there's no other options.

And again the fundamental point is if you make Prison rape acceptable, then you by extension include it as part of the punishment, which makes it cruel and unusual punishment which is against the constitution.

So just remember that the next time you want to bitch about how people in government are violating the constitution when you can't even maintain any sort of line on it yourself.

The moral and ethical issues aside there's that pesky little Constitutional prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment. That means rape cannot be part of the equation. That means that prison officials have a responsibility to insure that inmates don't get raped.

Unless I missed something in the OP, what did the prison officials do, or better yet, not do in this story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom