• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conversations with/things you kids say

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Post your kids' comments or conversations with your kids. This just happened...

My kid called our chain sponge an "emo sponge".

Me - What did you call that?
Child 2 - An emo sponge, and you can't say it's not.
Me - Well...you're not wrong...but still...
Emo Sponge.jpg

Oh gosh, I have an 18 year old that cracks me up daily. My husband and I were in the heat of a debate, my son comes down and says, "hey mom, are you happy with this conversation?" "If not, just don't have it." I'm like, um, is it really that simple? LMAO

So, I looked at my husband and said, sorry, I'm not happy with this convo, so I'm not having it and went upstairs. My husband just started laughing, and I was indeed happier.

Yes, it was that simple.

My son is at that age where he thinks if it doesn't make you happy you can just not participate. I'll let him think this for another few years. lol

I'm only 23 so I feel like I'm borderline qualified to even comment on this post at all, but a niece was once surprised that I knew how to play Minecraft because I was so "old" and I almost cried.

I'm only 23 so I feel like I'm borderline qualified to even comment on this post at all, but a niece was once surprised that I knew how to play Minecraft because I was so "old" and I almost cried.
OMG, this is so funny. I'm a 50 year old gamer, I wonder how she'd feel about that one. lol

Does she play Animal Crossing? I love that game.

Bwahahahaha! Old man! I'm 43 and I've put many hours into Minecraft.

OMG, this is so funny. I'm a 50 year old gamer
A 50 year old gamer with an anime girl shooting a gun as their profile picture is probably the most badass things I've seen in a while.

No, her mom playes games so they have an Xbox because that's what she played on. She's about 6 and the last time I visited she was singularly focused on Minecraft in the way little kids get about things. Super cute.

OMG, this is so funny. I'm a 50 year old gamer, I wonder how she'd feel about that one. lol

I'm 43 and consider myself one of the original gamers. Video games really came of age when I was kid. With the Atari 2600 and the first Nintendo coming out that really made things take off. Then, when I was a little older PCs in the home really became a thing and you'd get games on like 8-12 floppies, rofl.

I'm not wasting mine 🍾👯‍♀️🎉🛫🎮🍔

(y)

Enjoy your crazy wild & youthful indiscretions while you can! Responsibilities come fast and hard, before you even know it!

What's the point of youth, if you haven't misspent some of it? ;)

Post your kids' comments or conversations with your kids. This just happened...

My kid called our chain sponge an "emo sponge".

Me - What did you call that?
Child 2 - An emo sponge, and you can't say it's not.
Me - Well...you're not wrong...but still...
View attachment 67384439
WTHeck is that for?

I'm 43 and consider myself one of the original gamers. Video games really came of age when I was kid. With the Atari 2600 and the first Nintendo coming out that really made things take off. Then, when I was a little older PCs in the home really became a thing and you'd get games on like 8-12 floppies, rofl.
At least I'm old enough to remember games coming on 2-3 CDs.

At least I'm old enough to remember games coming on 2-3 CDs.
I hated having to make sure to not lose the game key or you couldn't upload the game and would have to buy a new one.

Ha! I'm in my 70's and my first game was Baldur's Gate!! Plus, I (and others) had routine on-line talks with the game developers back in the day, lol. A snobbish elite character named "Lady Di" had one line in the game, lol.

Ha! I'm in my 70's and my first game was Baldur's Gate!! Plus, I (and others) had routine on-line talks with the game developers back in the day, lol. A snobbish elite character named "Lady Di" had one line in the game, lol.
I still play that series. I'm waiting for BG3 to come out.

A teenager I know came up to me, eating a snickers bar and said "oh my God! I was just at the store and this weird guy said he would give me a candy bar if I blew smoke up his ass".

My first reaction was "what!".

Then he took another bite of the candy bar and it clicked.

I laughed so hard I kind of hurt my back.

That kid is funny.

I overheard a couple kids at school the other day talking about what it was like back “in the old days”. Turns out “the old days” were the 90s. 😂

Back
Top Bottom