• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Control your Soul's desire for Freedom"

Not Pelosi, Schiff, Warner, the Biden Crime syndicate, LeBron James, Hollywood actors. Many of the same people who loved Putin.

American farmers love China too. You gonna shit on them too because they need to sell their products or is it only lefties who get your attention?

We have the same kind of censorship now as China or Russia or NK. Fortunately our internet has not been totally locked down, and we still have free speech here and elsewhere.

I'm afraid to use the eyeroll emoji for this post as it might exceed the character limit for posting.

We have the same kind of censorship now as China or Russia or NK. Fortunately our internet has not been totally locked down, and we still have free speech here and elsewhere.
What were the education camps like after you were arrested for criticizing our government?

What were the education camps like after you were arrested for criticizing our government?

People are not being arrested for criticizing the US government. But lives are ruined when, for example, college professors dare to disagree even slightly with absurdly extremist anti-racist dogma. A lot of this censorship comes from the students, not just the administration. Similarly for journals, social media, etc., where employees often form a rabid mob bent on destroying anyone who departs slightly from extreme wokism.

People are not being arrested for criticizing the US government. But lives are ruined when, for example, college professors dare to disagree even slightly with absurdly extremist anti-racist dogma. A lot of this censorship comes from the students, not just the administration. Similarly for journals, social media, etc., where employees often form a rabid mob bent on destroying anyone who departs slightly from extreme wokism.
As I have often stated, the left has adopted the methods that Islam uses and Christians used to use, to control the thoughts and actions of nonbelievers.

"Control your Soul's desire for Freedom"

The likely official DNC platform tagline if it were ever made subject to truth-in-advertising regulation.
"Just two weeks to break the curve"

People are not being arrested for criticizing the US government.

Then you're missing a pretty fundamental response to criticizing one's government in Russia, North Korea and China.

But lives are ruined when, for example, college professors dare to disagree even slightly with absurdly extremist anti-racist dogma.

Not government.

A lot of this censorship comes from the students, not just the administration.

Not government.

Similarly for journals, social media, etc.,

Not government.

where employees often form a rabid mob bent on destroying anyone who departs slightly from extreme wokism.

Not government.

On the plus side, Biden could very well get away with just throwing your ass in prison for criticizing the US government, since you can't tell the difference between freedom and tyranny anyway. As they say, if you're gonna hang, you might as well commit the crime.

Then you're missing a pretty fundamental response to criticizing one's government in Russia, North Korea and China.

Not government.

Not government.

Not government.

Not government.

On the plus side, Biden could very well get away with just throwing your ass in prison for criticizing the US government, since you can't tell the difference between freedom and tyranny anyway. As they say, if you're gonna hang, you might as well commit the crime.

Of course the US government is involved in censorship. They partner with social media companies to censor "dangerous misinformation." I don't know how you failed to hear about that.

Of course the US government is involved in censorship. They partner with social media companies to censor "dangerous misinformation." I don't know how you failed to hear about that.
Have you criticized our government openly? If so, are you in prison for that right now?

The vaccines don't prevent you giving covid to someone else. Maybe you should read something about it.

And Ivermectin has been used on humans since it was discovered. Maybe read something?
You clearly are confused as to what an anti-viral and an anti-parasitic (Ivermectin), are, and what they are used to treat. Maybe read something about it? Start here...

THe more I read from people in China the worse this looming disaster appears to be.

The Shangjai lockdown will have long term catastrophic effects on the people of China and the world economy.

The worst immediate issue is that the large city lockdowns have ceased the flow of needed fertilizers from ports on the coast to farms on the interior. Farms are missing their spring plantings because of it.

Trucking in China has severely declined, which has all but stopped the flow in the other direction of food and produce into the cities, leading to large scale foot shortages. Truckers are told that if they enter Shanghai they will be forced to spend lockdown in their trucks... so food is just being dumped outside the cities.

The best analysis I've read from a blogger in China is that Xi is essnetially stuck in a sunk cost fallacy. His "Zero COVID" policy is a disaster, but he is unable to admit it because doing so means he loses his bid for a third term.. and, as in all Communist dictatorships, losing your leadership position is a death sentence. So Xi is stuck having to push forward with a catastrophic plan, pretending it's doing great, because the alternative is to stand before a firing squad.

The firing squad is inevitable, I think. This Zero COVID policy hits directly at Xi's power base, hitting the cosmopolitan city dwellers harder than the rural farming class.

Which brings me to my personal observation: It seems completely out of character to see the CCP run with such a clearly disasterous policy. In normal times Xi and the CCP would simply declare victory and shut down the data gathering and mute the statistics, much like they did 2 years ago. But Xi is coming up on another election, and it appears that there is a concerted effort by powers in the CCP to NOT hide the realities of Xi's Zero COVID policy in an effort to push him out of leadership, which in turn is driving Xi into ever more drastic enforcement of the policy in the hope that eventually it will "work".

It's pretty much carbon copy of every single Communist catastrophe of the last 100 years.

Sometimes I can't tell the difference between China and the US. These videos from China remind me of the early days of lock downs here in the US.
The word is the same, what else?

So they got it wrong and it's taken longer, did that make Jerome Adams a horrible person?
It was way worse than "got it wrong". They got it wrong by like 2 years and hundreds of thousands of lost jobs and destroyed businesses.

You clearly are confused as to what an anti-viral and an anti-parasitic (Ivermectin), are, and what they are used to treat. Maybe read something about it? Start here...

Ivermectin is also used as an anti-viral.

Have you criticized our government openly? If so, are you in prison for that right now?

People are being cancelled and fired. Even tenured professors are being fired. Your life can be destroyed even without being thrown in prison.

People are being cancelled and fired. Even tenured professors are being fired. Your life can be destroyed even without being thrown in prison.
Have you been put in prison for criticizing our government?

Have you been put in prison for criticizing our government?

I SAID people are being cancelled and their careers being destroyed. I have not been cancelled because I am retired and can say whatever I want. When I was working, I was careful what I said. And if I were working now I would be VERY careful.

I SAID people are being cancelled and their careers being destroyed. I have not been cancelled because I am retired and can say whatever I want. When I was working, I was careful what I said. And if I were working now I would be VERY careful.
Do you mean "Dixie Chicks" cancelled or sent to prison cancelled? Because the latter is what you face in North Korea, China and Russia.

THe more I read from people in China the worse this looming disaster appears to be.

The Shangjai lockdown will have long term catastrophic effects on the people of China and the world economy.

The worst immediate issue is that the large city lockdowns have ceased the flow of needed fertilizers from ports on the coast to farms on the interior. Farms are missing their spring plantings because of it.

Trucking in China has severely declined, which has all but stopped the flow in the other direction of food and produce into the cities, leading to large scale foot shortages. Truckers are told that if they enter Shanghai they will be forced to spend lockdown in their trucks... so food is just being dumped outside the cities.

The best analysis I've read from a blogger in China is that Xi is essnetially stuck in a sunk cost fallacy. His "Zero COVID" policy is a disaster, but he is unable to admit it because doing so means he loses his bid for a third term.. and, as in all Communist dictatorships, losing your leadership position is a death sentence. So Xi is stuck having to push forward with a catastrophic plan, pretending it's doing great, because the alternative is to stand before a firing squad.

The firing squad is inevitable, I think. This Zero COVID policy hits directly at Xi's power base, hitting the cosmopolitan city dwellers harder than the rural farming class.

Which brings me to my personal observation: It seems completely out of character to see the CCP run with such a clearly disasterous policy. In normal times Xi and the CCP would simply declare victory and shut down the data gathering and mute the statistics, much like they did 2 years ago. But Xi is coming up on another election, and it appears that there is a concerted effort by powers in the CCP to NOT hide the realities of Xi's Zero COVID policy in an effort to push him out of leadership, which in turn is driving Xi into ever more drastic enforcement of the policy in the hope that eventually it will "work".

It's pretty much carbon copy of every single Communist catastrophe of the last 100 years.
That's a very good and reasonable analysis but I think you may be underestimating Xi's ability to take a page out of the American political playbook and pivot to a diversion.

If I were a resident of Taiwan, I'd be looking the **** out right about now...

Do you mean "Dixie Chicks" cancelled or sent to prison cancelled? Because the latter is what you face in North Korea, China and Russia.

It is bad to be sent to prison, or executed, for "incorrect" speech. But having your life ruined isn't so nice either. And I dd hear of a medical doctor who was threatened with being thrown in a mental hospital, because she criticized the covid vaccines. So the day of communist style oppression might not be far off.

That's a very good and reasonable analysis but I think you may be underestimating Xi's ability to take a page out of the American political playbook and pivot to a diversion.

If I were a resident of Taiwan, I'd be looking the **** out right about now...

Fair point, but my question then is, why hasn't he already?

The best explanation I have read thus far is that Xi is rather shaken by the weak showing of Russia in Ukraine and he realizes that an invasion of Taiwan could quickly become a similar cluster**** when when his military, which is equipped with knock off Russian equipment, goes against a military armed with advanced American weapons.

He would never survive if he had a military disaster on top of the domestic disaster that is unfolding.

Fair point, but my question then is, why hasn't he already?

The best explanation I have read thus far is that Xi is rather shaken by the weak showing of Russia in Ukraine and he realizes that an invasion of Taiwan could quickly become a similar cluster**** when when his military, which is equipped with knock off Russian equipment, goes against a military armed with advanced American weapons.

He would never survive if he had a military disaster on top of the domestic disaster that is unfolding.
That is a fair counterpoint, I will admit, but I'm not so sure world leaders like Xi and Putin have it within them the ability to suppress their own egos.

Russia has a population of about 150 million and an economy less than the state of California and this didn't seem to phase Putin one bit. His attitude seems to be... "**** you, I'm taking Ukraine, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it". China, on the other hand, has a population of almost 1.5 BILLION and an economy which rivals that of the entire US. I think that Xi is looking at this and thinking... " Hmm... if Putin can say "**** you", then why can't I say "MOTHER **** YOU!!!!"?

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I hope he doesn't. But if he does, I won't be shocked by it.

:ROFLMAO: Yes because we wouldnt let you people snarf horse paste were totally going totalitarian. You were willing to sacrifice the immunocompromised for your mere comfort with no shame at all.
Now here's the thread's first real extreme attack-post, of which sin Jmotivator remains innocent (at least on this thread) :giggle: .

Back
Top Bottom