• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Contrary To Reports a Corona Vaccine Likely Won't Be Ready By Nov 1

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone following vaccine development in general shouldn't be surprised that top scientists and epidemiologists are saying they find it extremely unlikely if not impossible that a viable Coronavirus vaccine will or could possibly be ready by the election as Trump has been predicting. Practically speaking, it usually takes years to develop an effective vaccine that's safe. If an effective vaccine were developed by Nov. 1 or even by the end of this year it would be a miracle of modern vaccine engineering, which is why Americans shouldn't get too hopeful a vaccine treatment for this horrible disease is in the offing this year, certainly not in time to prop up Trump's sagging poll numbers. The FDA might grant an Emergency Use Authorization in light of the high number of daily infections.

"Coronavirus vaccine likely won't be widely available until several months into 2021, former FDA chief says"

Coronavirus vaccine likely won't be widely available until several months into 2021, former FDA chief says | TheHill

What a coincidence that the projected date for availability was election time.

One must remember this is the same guy who said we had this virus under control back in March. Then the miracle cure was hydroxychloroquine.

As we approach Nov he will then start saying that the vaccine will be available at the end of the November. Just trust him.

Trump may even pressure the FDA to speed up human clinical trails and cut safety corners.

Dr. Fauci also said a viable vaccine by November is pie in the sky wishful thinking.

i tend to doubt that AstraZeneca is going to allow itself to be forced to market before it knows that the vaccine is safe. if there are bad side effects, that will affect its entire catalog of pharmaceuticals; perhaps fatally. in that case, Tweety will be able to do absolutely nothing to help them. as it stands, i trust their judgement far more than i trust the most disgraceful liar to ever soil the WH.

Trump may even pressure the FDA to speedup human clinical trails and cut safety corners.

Dr. Fauci also said a viable vaccine by November is pie in the sky wishful thinking.
Good news is yesterday he stated if he believes a vaccine is being released that not up to snuff, he'll be vocal about.

"The vaccine is coming" is the modern "Caravans of brown people are coming to rape your family." Both instantly forgotten after election day.

i tend to doubt that AstraZeneca is going to allow itself to be forced to market before it knows that the vaccine is safe. if there are bad side effects, that will affect its entire catalog of pharmaceuticals; perhaps fatally. in that case, Tweety will be able to do absolutely nothing to help them. as it stands, i trust their judgement far more than i trust the most disgraceful liar to ever soil the WH.

Trump will indemnify the manufacturer from prosecution, citing the urgent need to restart the economy..

Trump will indemnify the manufacturer from prosecution, citing the urgent need to restart the economy..

Whatever helps him get reelected. But I think the truth is he doesn't expect it to be administered because I just heard Gottlieb say this morning that even if a vaccine had been made and had actually gotten through Phase 3 clinical trials (a near impossibility right there) getting millions of doses manufactured between now and Nov.1 is a logistical impossibility. Trump I think is just banking on the announcement of a vaccine to pull him through to victory, never mind the infeasibility of bringing it to market.

A safe and effective Covid-19 vaccine will be available to the American public when it is available, not a day sooner nor a day later. It should be noted that a vaccine for a specific coronavirus is a rarity.

Meanwhile, our best course of action as individuals, if we wish to keep deaths from the Covid-19 viral pandemic to a minimum, is to continue to practice the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing. As a nation, we've not been doing all that well. The United States of America accounts for 4.3% of the world's population, but we've also registered almost 22% of the total reported Covid-19 assigned deaths.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Anyone following vaccine development in general shouldn't be surprised that top scientists and epidemiologists are saying they find it extremely unlikely if not impossible that a viable Coronavirus vaccine will or could possibly be ready by the election as Trump has been predicting. Practically speaking, it usually takes years to develop an effective vaccine that's safe. If an effective vaccine were developed by Nov. 1 or even by the end of this year it would be a miracle of modern vaccine engineering, which is why Americans shouldn't get too hopeful a vaccine treatment for this horrible disease is in the offing this year, certainly not in time to prop up Trump's sagging poll numbers. The FDA might grant an Emergency Use Authorization in light of the high number of daily infections.

"Coronavirus vaccine likely won't be widely available until several months into 2021, former FDA chief says"

Coronavirus vaccine likely won't be widely available until several months into 2021, former FDA chief says | TheHill

That settles it then. A person "in authority" has said such and such. Like Senator Hirono said "We must believe those in authority." or was it women? I forget.

What a coincidence that the projected date for availability was election time.

One must remember this is the same guy who said we had this virus under control back in March. Then the miracle cure was hydroxychloroquine.

As we approach Nov he will then start saying that the vaccine will be available at the end of the November. Just trust him.

Disney predicted this with uncanny prescience, albeit coincidental!

Jungle Book: Trust in Me - YouTube

That settles it then. A person "in authority" has said such and such. Like Senator Hirono said "We must believe those in authority." or was it women? I forget.

The fastest a vaccine has ever been brought to "market" before was TWELVE years. What are the chances of that work being achieved in 12 months? (actually less!)

The fastest a vaccine has ever been brought to "market" before was TWELVE years. What are the chances of that work being achieved in 12 months? (actually less!)

It’s all good!

Starting to get VERY high marks in our handling of the Coronavirus (China Virus), especially when compared to other countries and areas of the world. Now the Vaccines (Plus) are coming, and fast! Trump Tweet from 0930 7SEP

Trump is pushing it. He is the optimist. Goebbelsian news only spreads hate and fear.

Its not going to happen, no matter how hard the donkey tries to force the premature release of a vaccine. I have been predicting this timeline for months:

Nov/Dec: data will be released that shows that many of the vaccines are promising enough to be offered to first responders and some essential workers, perhaps also to LTC facilities

Jan: vaccine will be be made available to those at high risk for severe disease such as the elderly and those with chronic conditions and to the remainder of the workers and residents of LTC facilities

March: wide distribution of 2-3 of the vaccines made available for all who choose to be vaccinated

So its six more months of this crap until we can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. JMO obviously in terms of the time line. If I am close to being right its an incredible tribute to the scientists and pharmaceutical companies in this country to come up with a vaccine that is widely available in just one year.

Sceptics would never have thought the world was round, that man could walk on the moon or that Trump would get elected President.

I am not saying a vaccine will be ready on Nov 1st. That is obviously a stretch goal. What I will say is that this government and the scientific community are running projects in a completely new fashion for a solution to this problem.

The full weight and backing of the US government is behind the drug industry so they can all approach the problem from every imaginable way and they are all being tested in parallel.

Personally, I would not be surprised if more than one vaccine is released and the decision on which to take will be made thru effectiveness and side effects.

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed | HHS.gov

I am not here defending Trump and or our government. Our governments (ALL) from local to state to federal level have failed us on many accounts throughout history. I have to admit that this endeavor is an aggressive and noble effort to get a vaccine developed and distributed in an amazing time peiod.

Let's stop knit picking the negative nellies. Even if a vaccine does not get into the public until mid next year, the reduction in time for complete vaccine development and distribution in that time period under existing qualification standards is absolutely amazing.

Vote for whoever you want, but accept the fact that this administration is driving an amazing program completely independent of the politics.

shocked i tell you. shocked.

Based on what we are hearing it sounds more and more a possibility. This vaccine is much different than the typical 12 year variety.

Sceptics would never have thought the world was round, that man could walk on the moon or that Trump would get elected President.

I am not saying a vaccine will be ready on Nov 1st. That is obviously a stretch goal. What I will say is that this government and the scientific community are running projects in a completely new fashion for a solution to this problem.

The full weight and backing of the US government is behind the drug industry so they can all approach the problem from every imaginable way and they are all being tested in parallel.

Personally, I would not be surprised if more than one vaccine is released and the decision on which to take will be made thru effectiveness and side effects.

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed | HHS.gov

Vote for whoever you want, but accept the fact that this administration is driving an amazing program completely independent of the politics.

If we can set aside Trump's possible self-serving motives for trying to get a vaccine to market as quickly as possible then we can acknowledge what the pharmaceutical industries are doing is an amazing thing. For the sake of debate let's assume Moderna develops a vaccine and takes it to Trump/CDC. They say, "Mr. President, we think we've developed a vaccine but we don't know if its safe." Trump would have a few options: 1. "Market it. Get it out there, safety be damned. I need a vaccine distributed by Nov. 1 to win the election." 2. "I understand. Don't distribute it. Just make the announcement by Nov. 1 with the caveat that distribution will come by the beginning of next year when you've had a chance to complete Phase 3 trials." 3. "Don't announce it. If it's not safe to distribute then I don't want it announced until it is."

Which of these three do you think Trump would choose, knowing his character?

If we can set aside Trump's possible self-serving motives for trying to get a vaccine to market as quickly as possible then we can acknowledge what the pharmaceutical industries are doing is an amazing thing. For the sake of debate let's assume Moderna develops a vaccine and takes it to Trump/CDC. They say, "Mr. President, we think we've developed a vaccine but we don't know if its safe." Trump would have a few options: 1. "Market it. Get it out there, safety be damned. I need a vaccine distributed by Nov. 1 to win the election." 2. "I understand. Don't distribute it. Just make the announcement by Nov. 1 with the caveat that distribution will come by the beginning of next year when you've had a chance to complete Phase 3 trials." 3. "Don't announce it. If it's not safe to distribute then I don't want it announced until it is."

Which of these three do you think Trump would choose, knowing his character?

Sorry, They have been going thru all of the current testing protocols of testing. the government has be funding the next phase of production and coordination of the next phase trials.
There are news feeds on the progress of the vaccines on a weekly basis.

Stop hypothesising and just read the information that is readily available.

You guys crack me up, you brag about all the things Trump couldn't do unilaterally for the past four years and then continue to imagine him single handedly leap frogging testing of a vaccine.

If you can recall, Trump couldn't get the government bureaucrats to even get testing going when this pandemic hit.

If their is a vaccine by the end of this year, you can thank the entire government for getting behind WARP SPEED and helping humanity out of this mess. Trump will have very little to do with it except for the fact that he was president during the project and if we as a society are so stupid to give all credit and blame to one man in this country, then Trump by default gets credit for this wonderful progress in regulatory process improvement.

Yes, medical professionals do tend to speak from positions of authority. Do you go to your plumber for medical advice? By the same token I ignore what Trump says and listen to those he prefers to ignore; career medial professionals, not career reality show hosts.

Yes, medical professionals do tend to speak from positions of authority. Do you go to your plumber for medical advice? By the same token I ignore what Trump says and listen to those he prefers to ignore; career medial professionals, not career reality show hosts.

Why would that be a surprise It is ingrained in humans through evolution. If a human didn't believe the tribal leaders dancing around the fire as he gave his warnings, they would risk dying of a whole ton of things that the tribal elders knew about.

Trump may even pressure the FDA to speed up human clinical trails and cut safety corners.

Trump will announce the vaccine is ready but no one will get it. Just like he said everyone who wants a covid test can get one.
he doesnt give a crap whether one is ready or not he just wants to get the praise from the usual suspects for having "done" it.

Back
Top Bottom