• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Contraceptive pill for males is 99% effective in preventing pregnancy

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

After successful tests in mice, the researchers hope to begin human trials in the second half of the year. The medication could bring balance to the contraceptive burden, with fewer options available to men.
A new birth control pill for males has been found to be 99% effective in preventing pregnancy in tests in mice.

The breakthrough medication could bring balance to the contraceptive burden, with far fewer options available to men.

Presenting their findings at the spring meeting of the American Chemical Society on Wednesday, scientists will announce the creation of a new non-hormonal male contraceptive pill that effectively prevents pregnancy in mice without obvious side-effects.
============================================
I thought this was old news.

After successful tests in mice, the researchers hope to begin human trials in the second half of the year. The medication could bring balance to the contraceptive burden, with fewer options available to men.
A new birth control pill for males has been found to be 99% effective in preventing pregnancy in tests in mice.

The breakthrough medication could bring balance to the contraceptive burden, with far fewer options available to men.

Presenting their findings at the spring meeting of the American Chemical Society on Wednesday, scientists will announce the creation of a new non-hormonal male contraceptive pill that effectively prevents pregnancy in mice without obvious side-effects.
============================================
I thought this was old news.
Now all that pill has to do is prevent STDs and crabs from making our junk itch, turn colors and drop off and we can ditch those gloves.

I say we keep it on the chicks.

Now all that pill has to do is prevent STDs and crabs from making our junk itch, turn colors and drop off and we can ditch those gloves.
Just be careful where you stick it.

I hope that women play it smart and remain responsible for their own safety (STDs) and birth control instead of just taking men's word for it. That decision hasnt worked out too great for a lot of men.

This pill is to protect men (as it should be), not women, as both should still use condoms to prevent STDs unless in committed relationships.

I dunno, some schoolmarm-like emanation reached out and made me type that. 🤷

Hasn’t this been “coming soon” for more than a decade now?
A couple candidate pills have been dropped due to serious side effects during testing.

A couple candidate pills have been dropped due to serious side effects during testing.

IMO it will take decades for men to accept anything that has the slightest risk in affecting their ability to "get it up" or their virility (factual or not). They'll continue to lay off that responsibility on women...yet the most basic thing such male contraceptives would do is "protect men" from unwanted fatherhood.

Their fears leave them wide open to continuing to risk 18 yrs of child support when they could instead, have MUCH more control over that.

Having exclusive sex with a post menopausal woman seems to work 100% of the time for me.

Just sayin'...;)

IMO it will take decades for men to accept anything that has the slightest risk in affecting their ability to "get it up" or their virility (factual or not). They'll continue to lay off that responsibility on women...yet the most basic thing such male contraceptives would do is "protect men" from unwanted fatherhood.

Their fears leave them wide open to continuing to risk 18 yrs of child support when they could instead, have MUCH more control over that.
The candidates so far were not dropped due to a marketing problem.

What the hell took so long

Back
Top Bottom