• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Contra Coffee

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Now conservative coffee hounds have a new option, namely Contra Café, coffee grown by former Nicaraguan rebels.

Launched this year, Contra Café already has brewed protest -- and national publicity. Its founders say they're simply trying to help former rebels get the same coffee prices and benefits that many left-leaning farmers enjoy through the fair-trade movement.

"I knew their coffee was exceptional, and I knew there was an empty niche on the right side of the U.S. coffee market," he said. "I thought that millions of conservative Americans would love to buy gourmet coffee made by those who fought alongside President Reagan against communism. It was just a question of marketing the coffee to the right people." (said Tom Kilroy, co-founder of Contra Café, based in New Hampshire.)

"So we have a bunch of self-identified former contras and a couple of Dartmouth business school graduates who say they want to make profits for anti-communists and to donate part of their profits to a foundation run by Oliver North," said Mary Turck, newsletter editor at the Resource Center of the Americas in Minneapolis.
Click for Source

Back
Top Bottom