• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Context for Black Lives Matter

dimensionallava

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Black Lives Matter protests are being planned all across the country this week, this video does a great job describing them and should help some of you who are still unfamiliar with them or their history

Black Lives Matter protests are being planned all across the country this week, this video does a great job describing them and should help some of you who are still unfamiliar with them or their history

Sorry but this women wants people indited where the evidence was shown that they were justified in shooting, ala Mike Brown and Darren Wilson.
Nope, you won't ever have common ground until you get past that.

Not gonna happen.

Still falsely pushing the "hands up don't shoot" bs.

So until innocent officers are punished for doing their jobs, BLM will continue to protest? I think you go there and you'll see the police as a whole stop policing black neighborhoods. I wonder how well that will turn out for all parties involved.

Sorry but this women wants people indited where the evidence was shown that they were justified in shooting, ala Mike Brown and Darren Wilson.
Nope, you won't ever have common ground until you get past that.

Not gonna happen.

Still falsely pushing the "hands up don't shoot" bs.

this video was meant for people who aren't familiar with BLM, not for people who know every little detail. She didn't call for anyone to be indicted (or anything else for that matter) she simply stated that there was no indictment.

this video was meant for people who aren't familiar with BLM, not for people who know every little detail. She didn't call for anyone to be indicted (or anything else for that matter) she simply stated that there was no indictment.

Did you watch the video?
Under the bullet point for Micheal Brown at the 3:30 mark it has in red marker "No Indictments."
We're supposed to indict people who are shown to be innocent?

On the margins she writes "Hands up don't shoot."
Which was a lie.

She then goes on to make monday morning quarterback determinations about the latest two events, where she doesn't have complete evidence.

It could of been a good video, at this point it's just propaganda.

Hands up, don't shoot?

When you say that, you show you're dishonest.

So until innocent officers are punished for doing their jobs, BLM will continue to protest? I think you go there and you'll see the police as a whole stop policing black neighborhoods. I wonder how well that will turn out for all parties involved.

Did you watch the video?
Under the bullet point for Micheal Brown at the 3:30 mark it has in red marker "No Indictments."
We're supposed to indict people who are shown to be innocent?

On the margins she writes "Hands up don't shoot."
Which was a lie.

She then goes on to make monday morning quarterback determinations about the latest two events, where she doesn't have complete evidence.

It could of been a good video, at this point it's just propaganda.

Hands up, don't shoot?

When you say that, you show you're dishonest.

it sounds like your clearly both extremely bias against Black Lives Matter

Negative.
Not biased. I speak for myself here but I find the BLM movement to be:
1. Dangerous
2. Dishonest
3. Enables dangerous behavior
4. Fans the flames of discord
5. Lacks moral authority for their actions

Dangerous because the dishonest enables more dishonesty, anger and discord which undermines any moral power they might have had. Instead of being a force to help make things better, BLM is a HYPER EMOTIONAL movement that's going to get a lot of good people dead.

You "Facts, not even once."

if you want to go over every single detail about the michael brown or treyvon martin shootings, or one of the dozens of others, then make your own thread, you can't dismiss this video as "propaganda" because they underlined a word you dont like, thats insane

if you want to go over every single detail about michael brown or treyvon martin shootings or one of the dozens of others then make your own thread, you can't dismiss this video as "propaganda" because they underlined a word you dont like, thats insane

What's insane is injecting a false narrative, then calling it "education."
I suppose it does educate people, to believe something that did not happen.

Sounds like you're extremely prejudiced towards BLM.

I appreciate you posting this video as it just further proves the point that the BLM in not about justice. This lady is already over the line with "hand up don't shoot" & "premature indictments". So, she has already lost any credibility through her own willful misrepresentation of the facts.

I want to see the BLM make their argument without without the lies, and work on merit.

What's insane is injecting a false narrative, then calling it "education."
I suppose it does educate people, to believe something that did not happen.

Sounds like you're extremely prejudiced towards BLM.

the video says there were no indictments, which then led to protests, whether you think there should've been indictments or not, is irrelevant

I appreciate you posting this video as it just further proves the point that the BLM in not about justice. This lady is already over the line with "hand up don't shoot" & "premature indictments". So, she has already lost any credibility through her own willful misrepresentation of the facts.

I want to see the BLM make their argument without without the lies, and work on merit.

This wasn't made by BLM or any affiliated group

the video says there were no indictments, which then led to protests, whether you think there should've been indictments or not, is irrelevant

She obviously colors it red, because it is considered bad.
Mike Brown should not be in the BLM preview, if they're seeking to correct injustices.

Mike Brown was legitimately killed, for assaulting someone, "hands up don't shoot" is bull****.

Sandra Bland, in my opinion, was wrongly arrested, but so far, all the evidence points to her committing suicide.
Anything else at this point is conspiracy theory.

Do I need to post a Morpheus meme, about how you can be for police accountability, while not believing bull****?

This wasn't made by BLM or any affiliated group

OK...fine. I will give you that my friend. But it is still the same schtick that gets repeated every day by BLM supporters all the way up to what ever leader they have in each group.

I would actually support the BLM if they dropped the lies.

We have a lot of work to do cleaning up relations, but the BLM isn't being helpful with their lack of civil discourse, disgusting mantra, and lies.

OK...fine. I will give you that my friend. But it is still the same schtick that gets repeated every day by BLM supporters all the way up to what ever leader they have in each group.

I would actually support the BLM if they dropped the lies.

We have a lot of work to do cleaning up relations, but the BLM isn't being helpful with their lack of civil discourse, disgusting mantra, and lies.

BLM will continue to get corporate and celebrity sponsorship because they think it's good for their image.

The rest of everyone else, will get annoyed, because they're acting like asshats and being dishonest.

You're right we are, BLM is a dishonest racist farce! They were built on a lie of Michael Brown being innocent. A nine year old girl was killed during a drive by while they protested and looted. They maintain that lie, as do you.

Everyone knows that some blacks have been killed by police wrongly, but BLM wants us to believe that police are never right. BLM are violent liars and a disgrace.

if you want to go over every single detail about the michael brown or treyvon martin shootings, or one of the dozens of others, then make your own thread, you can't dismiss this video as "propaganda" because they underlined a word you dont like, thats insane

What level of detail is required?

They DO NOT fit.

This video is intended for people ignorant of the facts in many cases.

To claim that she wasn't complaining and suggesting the "non-indictments" were wrong is to ignore that at the VERY START of her video she's promoting the notion of the BLM movement on the basis that they have "plans" on how to fix these "non-indictments" which is inherently suggesting that said "non-indictments" were wrongful in some fashion and need to be fixed.

This isn't providing "Context" in any neutral sense, it's propaganda pure and simple, aimed at promoting the Black Lives Matter movement as the correct "side" in this debate and argument.

BLM started with the Travon Martin killing. BLM is a militant reactionary political pressure group that is not concerned with showing justified police actions. BLM is a blanket "protect black people at all costs" anti-police flash in the pan headline grabbing spontaneous self serving shout group. Noting more.

Back
Top Bottom