• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Context for Black Lives Matter

Not biased. I speak for myself here but I find the BLM movement to be:
1. Dangerous
2. Dishonest
3. Enables dangerous behavior
4. Fans the flames of discord
5. Lacks moral authority for their actions

The following does not bear on BLM, but might be kept in mind by its critics: the same sort of things were said of the fight for desegregation and Civil Rights Movement in the 50s and 60s. E

this video was meant for people who aren't familiar with BLM, not for people who know every little detail. She didn't call for anyone to be indicted (or anything else for that matter) she simply stated that there was no indictment.

And she's a racist idiot.

I'll be more impressed when they march and riot over the murder of police officers by BLM followers.

The following does not bear on BLM, but might be kept in mind by its critics: the same sort of things were said of the fight for desegregation and Civil Rights Movement in the 50s and 60s.

But those folks didn't try to get good police officers fired for doing a good job.

They didn't lie.

And they would have apologized to officers like Darrin Wilson who were heroes who were unjustly accused and libeled.

The following does not bear on BLM, but might be kept in mind by its critics: the same sort of things were said of the fight for desegregation and Civil Rights Movement in the 50s and 60s. E

If you want to stand by BLM, that's a mark against your character, not mine. This isn't about Civil Rights, this is about manufactured outrage gone rogue and is now helping destroy communities, and getting good, innocent people dead.

If you want to stand by BLM, that's a mark against your character, not mine. This isn't about Civil Rights, this is about manufactured outrage gone rogue and is now helping destroy communities, and getting good, innocent people dead.

It is always good to see your denial of racism in 'Murica.

It is always good to see your denial of racism in 'Murica.

That was a condemnation of a racist group (BLM).

Obviously not a denial of racism, but an exposure of racism.

That was a condemnation of a racist group (BLM).

Obviously not a denial of racism, but an exposure of racism.
I even highlighted "manufactured outrage" for the hard of reading. To say that the outrage BLM is expressing is "manufactured", is self created, not due to real,external causes....is a denial of racism in 'Murica.

I even highlighted "manufactured outrage" for the hard of reading. To say that the outrage BLM is expressing is "manufactured", is self created, not due to real,external causes....is a denial of racism in 'Murica.

If so they should find genuine issues and present them, rather than attack genuine heroes like Darrin Wilson, who single handed and alone--battled a huge thug and stopped him in his tracks as he fled from a felony strong arm robbery.

If so they should find genuine issues and present them, rather than attack genuine heroes like Darrin Wilson, who single handed and alone--battled a huge thug and stopped him in his tracks as he fled from a felony strong arm robbery.
Now you are adding denial of racism....with....ignorance of grievance.

intentional ignorance is not an argument, it is a lack of argument.

And what is this "ignorance of grievance?"

And what is this "ignorance of grievance?"
A denial that they have "genuine issues and present(ed) them".

You can always tell how weak a poster knows his argument is when he starts to not quote, to not notify....to hide his responses. This is a thing you do often.

A denial that they have "genuine issues and present(ed) them".

You can always tell how weak a poster knows his argument is when he starts to not quote, to not notify....to hide his responses. This is a thing you do often.

What I CLEARLY said, was "If so they should find genuine issues and present them, rather than attack genuine heroes like Darrin Wilson, who single handed and alone--battled a huge thug and stopped him in his tracks as he fled from a felony strong arm robbery. "

So your response is not only inaccurate, it devolves into a personal attack on me.

And that kills, not nurtures discussion.

What I CLEARLY said, was "If so they should find genuine issues and present them....
If so .....is an expression of ignorance, an ignoring that they have in fact presented them many times. The fact that you have not heard them is not an argument.

If so .....is an expression of ignorance, an ignoring that they have in fact presented them many times. The fact that you have not heard them is not an argument.

Untrue.

They have taken cases like that of Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin (both proven justifiable homicides) and lied about them and doubled down on their lying until they managed to LOSE any support that they might have otherwise sustained.

Their cause is probably lost.

If they want to have a shot at respectability they should start with a general apology to America......and then apologizing to people like Darrin Wilson and scheduling demonstrations to protest the many murders of police officers that have happened since they started their toxic movement.

You were talking about what they were responding to, not what you think they say.

But then, changing the topic is what you do.

What? No you just flat are dishonest about what others say twisting thier words to your ends

Untrue.

They have taken cases like that of Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin (both proven justifiable homicides) and lied about them and doubled down on their lying until they managed to LOSE any support that they might have otherwise sustained.

Their cause is probably lost.

If they want to have a shot at respectability they should start with a general apology to America......and then apologizing to people like Darrin Wilson and scheduling demonstrations to protest the many murders of police officers that have happened since they started their toxic movement.
You are presenting 2 cases, whereas the examples presented go far beyond these 2....and the fact remains, you are still demonstrating an ignorance of what they have presented. Your argument is defeated by one example, and one example is Walter Scott.

What? No you just flat are dishonest about what others say twisting thier words to your ends

I understand, any debate you and I have requires that I re-quote everything that you said since you cannot remember what you said, what I highlighted. The "manufactured outrage" you claim they express, is not a reaction to nothing, their outrage is a real response to real events....ergo.....it is a lie to claim it is a false response. That is what you brought up, that is what I responded to, you diverted to what you think they responded with.....the point was what they were/are responding to.

You are presenting 2 cases, whereas the examples presented go far beyond these 2....and the fact remains, you are still demonstrating an ignorance of what they have presented. Your argument is defeated by one example, and one example is Walter Scott.

No, that just means they have one valid case.

It doesn't erase the damage they have done with all the others.

Apologies.......lots of them......are essential.

I understand, any debate you and I have requires that I re-quote everything that you said since you cannot remember what you said, what I highlighted. The "manufactured outrage" you claim they express, is not a reaction to nothing, their outrage is a real response to real events....ergo.....it is a lie to claim it is a false response. That is what you brought up, that is what I responded to, you diverted to what you think they responded with.....the point was what they were/are responding to.

What a convoluted and obfuscatory response.

LOL!

The FACT is that BLM has manufactured far too many complaints to expect any credibility now.

With a BUNCH of apologies and correct subsequent behavior they MIGHT be able to attain credibility.......although they need a name change to start anew.

No, that just means they have one valid case.

It doesn't erase the damage they have done with all the others.

Apologies.......lots of them......are essential.
As I said, your argument was based on no cases presented, you just admitted defeat. Further, the idea that the Martin case did not involve racism is ludicrous.

Further still, the denial that there remains large levels of racism in the US, at all levels of society, is insane.

What a convoluted and obfuscatory response.

LOL!

The FACT is that BLM has manufactured far too many complaints to expect any credibility now.

With a BUNCH of apologies and correct subsequent behavior they MIGHT be able to attain credibility.......although they need a name change to start anew.
Again, an insane argument that their outrage is false. It requires denial of the past and present history of the US.

No, you LACK CONTEXT OR UNDERSTANDING.

The manufactured outrage I speak of is such protest like "HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT!" A false narrative from Ferguson where an honest police officer was forced to shoot a criminal. Yet that officer today cannot work as a police officer, his career ruined. Because of manufactured lies and outrage. The BLM chant was based on lies, and is still chanted today in reference to that event. The whole NARRATIVE is manufactured.

That you couldn't figure that out, had to create your own false narrative about my words, is an indictment on your comprehension skills.

As I said, your argument was based on no cases presented, you just admitted defeat. Further, the idea that the Martin case did not involve racism is ludicrous.

Further still, the denial that there remains large levels of racism in the US, at all levels of society, is insane.

I didn't deny that......why lie about what I said?

And I gave you TWO cases, not NO CASES.

Get with the program here.

Want more? Freddie Gray, Tamir Rice, and that terminally obese illegal cigarette seller in NY.....the "I can't breave" guy.

Back
Top Bottom