• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Constitutionality of US vs Arizona

Crunch

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Clause 2,
In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Looks like Judge Susan Bolton, Attorney General Eric Holder, and our illustrious Constitutional Scholar didn't read the Constitution…. Why am I not surprised?

Note..... same goes for California's Prop 8.

So you're saying this can directly to the Supreme Court, bypassing other courts.

So you're saying this can directly to the Supreme Court, bypassing other courts.

That seems to be the way that clause reads. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find that that isn't the way it is read though.

See your own sig.

You don't understand it, so it's wrong? Interesting theory.

No, I was commenting on how well American's sig fits the analysis that you posted.

"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything or nothing at pleasure." -- Thomas Jefferson יהוה

Apparently this is no longer so.

No, I was commenting on how well American's sig fits the analysis that you posted.

Apparently this is no longer so.

The first sentence in my sig is how conservatives view the law, and the second sentence is how liberals view the law.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom