• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

constitutional rights for terrorists? ..no way!

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dem. Dick Durbin had suggested at one point that they should have access to the same constitionary rights that us americans have.

IMO, ..this would be a very grave mistake as those terrorists do NOT respect any kind of law whatsoever, ..or even any rules of engagement.

They represent no legal government, or country...& are indocrinated in NOTHING but hate, ..& "HOW TO" murder, maim, & assassinate!

Their tool is not for legal change by vote, ..or any other democratic will of any people, but to spread fear through murder, & to indimidate & also to influence foreign affairs.

They are not simple street thugs, ..or common criminals. They do not live in America (some might now)...they do not understand American culture, or American tradition, ..or the fairness of the American political/legal system.

Most of their whole life they have been taught about hate THROUGH the islamic religion, ..& those who doubt this statement are only fooling themselves because THEY want to be viewed as being "tollerant, forgiving, ..& practitioners of diversity, & with open arms to multi-culturalism".

While I freely admit, ..these personal qualities are wonderful to uphold for oneself, ...but it would be like entreating the most prolific "Waffen SS Nazis" who were the most merciless, unforgiving, professional butchers who actually enjoyed their craft, & talent in slaughtering select groups because of inbred indoctrinated ideology.

Now, ..it might make some people feel good about themselves, ...this lust to grant "constitutional rights" to terrorists, ..& even grant them access to our American court system, ..but these people, IF they can be called anything but demonically inspired because nobody enjoys murdering as they do, ..& many of them even ENJOY videoing such grisly scenes of heartwrenching brutality just as the Nazis did!

It is bad enough that "Al Jazeera" is even recognized as being reputable, ..because it is not, & should not ever be...as they help to promote the terrorist theme, & in fact even unwittingly promote terror, & fear as they attempt to use that media for the rationalization for their deeds, ..& IT CURRIES FAVOR to many of the muslim populations around the world!

The military ALONE should decide their fate, ..& after their detainment, & investigation, ..if those deemed no threat IF & WHEN hostilities end, ..they should be released.

Those that have engaged personally in the wanton murder, ...should either be jailed for life....with the most prolific, & barbaric ones being given the ultimate death sentence.

But...constitutionary rights??, ...it would be absolute insanity, & suicidal in the long run!

Stu Ghatze said:
Dem. Dick Durbin had suggested at one point that they should have access to the same constitionary rights that us americans have.

IMO, ..this would be a very grave mistake as those terrorists do NOT respect any kind of law whatsoever, ..or even any rules of engagement.

They represent no legal government, or country...& are indocrinated in NOTHING but hate, ..& "HOW TO" murder, maim, & assassinate!

Their tool is not for legal change by vote, ..or any other democratic will of any people, but to spread fear through murder, & to indimidate & also to influence foreign affairs.

They are not simple street thugs, ..or common criminals. They do not live in America (some might now)...they do not understand American culture, or American tradition, ..or the fairness of the American political/legal system.

Most of their whole life they have been taught about hate THROUGH the islamic religion, ..& those who doubt this statement are only fooling themselves because THEY want to be viewed as being "tollerant, forgiving, ..& practitioners of diversity, & with open arms to multi-culturalism".

While I freely admit, ..these personal qualities are wonderful to uphold for oneself, ...but it would be like entreating the most prolific "Waffen SS Nazis" who were the most merciless, unforgiving, professional butchers who actually enjoyed their craft, & talent in slaughtering select groups because of inbred indoctrinated ideology.

Now, ..it might make some people feel good about themselves, ...this lust to grant "constitutional rights" to terrorists, ..& even grant them access to our American court system, ..but these people, IF they can be called anything but demonically inspired because nobody enjoys murdering as they do, ..& many of them even ENJOY videoing such grisly scenes of heartwrenching brutality just as the Nazis did!

It is bad enough that "Al Jazeera" is even recognized as being reputable, ..because it is not, & should not ever be...as they help to promote the terrorist theme, & in fact even unwittingly promote terror, & fear as they attempt to use that media for the rationalization for their deeds, ..& IT CURRIES FAVOR to many of the muslim populations around the world!

The military ALONE should decide their fate, ..& after their detainment, & investigation, ..if those deemed no threat IF & WHEN hostilities end, ..they should be released.

Those that have engaged personally in the wanton murder, ...should either be jailed for life....with the most prolific, & barbaric ones being given the ultimate death sentence.

But...constitutionary rights??, ...it would be absolute insanity, & suicidal in the long run!

I think Dick Head Turban Durban needs to lay oif the crack pipe.

If you deny terrorists American constitutional rights, then you give them the ammunition they want to be able to continue their terrorist activities.

TimmyBoy said:
If you deny terrorists American constitutional rights, then you give them the ammunition they want to be able to continue their terrorist activities.

Terrorist are not Americans.American constitutional rights only for United State citizens.

TimmyBoy said:

how do you figure that

DeeJayH said:
how do you figure that

Terrorism feeds off injustice. When you deny a terrorist due process of the law that is injustice and it continues to add fuel to the flames that created terrorism. Every human being has rights, but when you deny them those rights, it is an injustice. Not only that, but when you deny a terrorist his rights, other terrorists will be able to wave their finger and say to potential recruits "You see, America is not a land of the free, it is a lie and they are truly the evil ones the ones who deny others freedom and their rights" and some recruits will listen and believe that thus enhancing the recruiting capability of terrorist organizations.

See, the thing is this: How do you know they're terrorists if you don't give them a fair trial with constitutional protections? And if it hasn't been proven that they're terrorists, how are you justified in denying their rights?

Suppose the government came to your house, arrested you, and took you to an undisclosed location for several months or years without charging you with any crime or even telling you why you were there. They accuse you of being a terrorist without offering any proof, and as a terrorist you have no right to constitutional protection (such as the right to clear your name). Would you agree that this is justifiable? Or are you somehow exempt from your own standards because you don't have brown skin and a rag on your head?

You will not defeat terrorism through force or threats. You will defeat terrorists through traditional American ideas of freedom and that every human being has unalienable rights.

jamesrage said:
Terrorist are not Americans. American constitutional rights only for United State citizens.

Timothy McVeigh
Jose Padilla
and if you want to get technical and picky, Paul Revere, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson. ;)
ted

TimmyBoy said:
Terrorism feeds off injustice. When you deny a terrorist due process of the law that is injustice and it continues to add fuel to the flames that created terrorism. Every human being has rights, but when you deny them those rights, it is an injustice. Not only that, but when you deny a terrorist his rights, other terrorists will be able to wave their finger and say to potential recruits "You see, America is not a land of the free, it is a lie and they are truly the evil ones the ones who deny others freedom and their rights" and some recruits will listen and believe that thus enhancing the recruiting capability of terrorist organizations.

Most terrorist are hard core fanitics who follow some twisted interpretation of a Holy book or they are some hill billy racist.Terrorist are vermin cockaroach scum.Scum should be treated like scum.

Paladin said:
Timothy McVeigh
Jose Padilla
and if you want to get technical and picky, Paul Revere, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson. ;)
ted

Don't tell me you are one of those peices of **** who try to make comparison of our forefathers to terrorist vermin.

jamesrage said:
Most terrorist are hard core fanitics who follow some twisted interpretation of a Holy book or they are some hill billy racist.Terrorist are vermin cockaroach scum.Scum should be treated like scum.

You're funny. :lol:

Kandahar said:
You're funny. :lol:

I find all the ***** I forgot my my balls terrorist supporting rhetoric very amusing.

jamesrage said:
Don't tell me you are one of those peices of **** who try to make comparison of our forefathers to terrorist vermin.

Thomas Jefferson presided over the destruction and genocide of Native American society. Andrew Jackson, betrayed a Cherokee chief who saved his life and sent that chief's people on the Trail of Tears after the chief who saved his life pleaded to Jackson face to face not to do such a thing.

Originally Posted by jamesrage
I find all the ***** I forgot my my balls terrorist supporting rhetoric very amusing.
No matter how many times I read this, I can't find any sense in it. Not sure what your point is here, Jimmyboy. Care to respond to post #7?
Kandahar's post #7:
Suppose the government came to your house, arrested you, and took you to an undisclosed location for several months or years without charging you with any crime or even telling you why you were there. They accuse you of being a terrorist without offering any proof, and as a terrorist you have no right to constitutional protection (such as the right to clear your name). Would you agree that this is justifiable? Or are you somehow exempt from your own standards because you don't have brown skin and a rag on your head?
Stu? Dee? How about you guys? Care to respond to this?

Kandahar said:

sorry it took so long, i was chatting with a limey friend of mine on MSN IM

I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN
i am entitled to constitutional protection
clear enough for you
constitutional protections apply only to Americans

foreigners are not entitled to them
home grown terrorists are entitled to them, even if they are acting for the foriegn enemy

we did not give the nazi's our constitutional rights, so i will be damned if some backwards ass fanatic will get them
your idealism is a delusion that will reap the downfall of the US, if it spreads

Paladin said:
Timothy McVeigh
Jose Padilla
and if you want to get technical and picky, Paul Revere, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson
ted

and that is why McVeigh got a trial by jury
and why finally Padilla is (though it should have happened sooner, but i believe they were seeing how far they could push the limits)

as far as the rest of your post, i can only hope you do not teach such nonsense to your students

jamesrage said:
I find all the ***** I forgot my my balls terrorist supporting[/i] rhetoric very amusing.

What rhetoric are you referring to?

dictionary.com said:
1. The art or study of using language effectively and persuasively.
2. A treatise or book discussing this art.
3. Skill in using language effectively and persuasively.
4. A style of speaking or writing, especially the language of a particular subject: fiery political rhetoric.
5. Language that is elaborate, pretentious, insincere, or intellectually vacuous:
6. Verbal communication; discourse.

While yours is #6, it is more-so #4 and #5.
Every exchange of ideas on these forums would be considered #6

jamesrage said:

Righteous indignation. Very good. Used as a diversion. Jose Padilla is an American citizen who, until recently, was unconstitutionally incarcerated.
Timothy McVeigh was the American who was constitutionally tried, convicted and executed for the cowardly terrorist attack on the federal building in Oklahoma City.
I do not agree with terrorism as a form of expression, nor do I equate our founding fathers with the individuals who propagate its practice in the mideast. I was simply pointing out that they would have been considered terrorists. Sorry if that was too elaborate a comparison for you.
ted

DeeJayH said:
sorry it took so long, i was chatting with a limey friend of mine on MSN IM

I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN
i am entitled to constitutional protection
clear enough for you
constitutional protections apply only to Americans

foreigners are not entitled to them
home grown terrorists are entitled to them, even if they are acting for the foriegn enemy

we did not give the nazi's our constitutional rights, so i will be damned if some backwards ass fanatic will get them
your idealism is a delusion that will reap the downfall of the US, if it spreads

It's BS. Every human being in the world is entitled to the same protections that the Constitution of the United States offers. The US was not founded on the principles of unalienable rights and self government only for American citizens, it was founded on the principle of unalienable rights and self government for all mankind. And if mankind is to survive then that is exactly the principles that all mankind must live by.

Freedom is a pre-requisite for the survival of mankind. Not all of mankind enjoys freedom and with that circumstance being present today, their is always that possibility left open that man will destroy himself.

DeeJayH said:
and that is why McVeigh got a trial by jury
and

Arrested, charged and convicted under President Clinton. All rather quickly, I might add.

deejayh said:
why finally Padilla is (though it should have happened sooner, but i believe they were seeing how far they could push the limits)

The American citizen Jose Padilla should have been charged as soon as they arrested him. And his constitutional right to a speedy trial should have been granted.

The rest of your post is so much tripe, since you will believe only what you want. And you only want to believe that all dem/libs are bad. ;)
ted

TimmyBoy said:
It's BS. Every human being in the world is entitled to the same protections that the Constitution of the United States offers. The US was not founded on the principles of unalienable rights and self government only for American citizens, it was founded on the principle of unalienable rights and self government for all mankind. And if mankind is to survive then that is exactly the principles that all mankind must live by.

so you agree with Bush's philosophy of toppling Saddam to install a democracy in the ME so it spreads to surrounding countries, and therefor you support the War in Iraq?

reread the constitution, it applies to Americans ONLY
not illegal aliens, not foriegn nationals, and certainly not Terrorists
please correct me if i am mistaken

and what would you have our soldiers do
surround a terrorist stronghold and have the Translator read them Miranda (sp?)
thats required by our constitution

Paladin said:
The rest of your post is so much tripe, since you will believe only what you want. And you only want to believe that all dem/libs are bad. ;)
ted

not at all
Just you ted ;)

26 X World Champs said:
WRONG! Our Constitution protects anyone here in the USA. You do not need to be a citizen to enjoy the fruits of our Constitution.
perhaps you would be so kind as to back that up with a link
i only ask because presently you are the minority

Back
Top Bottom